“Nice place to stay, for what it is.”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Myrtle Beach
Ranked #93 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Michigan
“Nice place to stay, for what it is.”
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Stayed just one night. Room was clean, bed was comfortable. Strip club next door wasn't anything I noticed until we left the next morning. (and we stayed over a Saturday). Only complaint was the antiquated TV. Still, we were able to watch the baseball playoffs, just wish they would upgrade. It's a little tricky to get to, but once we were there, everything was great. We'd stay again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank gardenmum1095
Lori Beth H, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Myrtle Beach, responded to this review, 15 October 2013
Thank you for the kind review. We appriciate all feedback from our guests and we are delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay. We are in the process of upgrading our rooms and would be pleased to have you back for a chance to exceed your expectations.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
North East Scotland
Reviewed 3 October 2013

We have just spent two weeks here and can't rate it highly enough! The room was spotless, the housekeeping was faultless, and the breakfast was more than adequate. It was useful having the refrigerator and microwave in the room, and being there for two weeks, we made good use of the laundry facilities.

The location suited us perfectly as, having looked at hotels nearer the oceanfront we decided we weren't prepared to pay premium rates for a view, we were there to enjoy ourselves, not look at the ocean!

What made this hotel special for us was the staff. From the moment Lori-Beth checked us in until the day we left, she, along with Shayne and the rest of the front desk team, went out of their way to be helpful, suggesting places to visit, and keeping us right when we got lost!

As for the comments left by other reviewers about the Gentleman's Club next door, it was not an issue. It does not share the car park with the hotel and in the two weeks we were there we never saw anything that would give us cause for concern, we would take our grandchildren here without any worries about what they might see.

We'll definitely be back!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank grayskies2008
Lori Beth H, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Myrtle Beach, responded to this review, 4 October 2013
Thank you for the fantastic review! It was a pleasure having you and your wife as our guests. We try to do everything in our power to make all of our guests feel right at home, and I'm glad that you got a chance to experience our true Southern Hospitality. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your trip to Myrtle Beach and we hope to have you back again soon!
Virginia Beach
Reviewed 18 September 2013

Great room, friendly staff, comfortable bed and a hot breakfast to boot!
We stayed 3 nights, for my daughter's wedding and couldn't have been more pleased.
As far as the "Gentleman's Club", next door... It's a non-issue! If it wasn't for the sign, we'd have never known it was there... and we spent a LOT of time out on the front porch!
My only criticism is the dated, 27" tube TV.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Annette C
Lori Beth H, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Myrtle Beach, responded to this review, 19 September 2013
Thank you so much for your wonderful review. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your time in Myrtle Beach. We look forward to seeing you again when your travels bring you back to the area.
Lorton, Virginia
Reviewed 8 September 2013

Everyone took extremely good care of my family. We had a very rough 24 hours traveling to Myrtle. We got there around 6AM and we all know that check in is not until 3PM, to give staff sufficent time to prepare rooms for the next crew(like mines)! Well Carla and others could see that this weary grandmother with 5 kids had been through all she could take,not only did they allow us to eat a hot breakfast, but practically us into bed in a room so that the entire family could get some much needed sleep. Thank You all..This will be my Myrtle family for ever. Thank You for the love Temecca Gallman

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank temecca g
Sandra M, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Myrtle Beach, responded to this review, 9 September 2013
Thank you for the wonderful review. I'm glad that you and your family had a nice time at our hotel. All of our staff try to go out of the way for all of our guests, and I'm sure Karla will be thrilled that she was personally mentioned. We hope to have you back again whenever your travels bring you back to the area.
Reviewed 8 September 2013 via mobile

Totally everything a man would want.....good stay. Golf, nightlife, bowling.... On the 501. Close to all....door hard to open.... Security wise it would be hard to open... Breakfast is great! No exactly what you want in a family stay... Based on fantails next door ....

• Stayed September 2013
Thank you for your kind review. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. Look forward to seeing you again soon!
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Reviewed 8 August 2013

Location of the hotel was close to most attractions. Room service was non-existent. Had to ask for towels every day. Had to ask for toilet paper. Room was not cleaned in 5 days. Every time we walked in the front desk person was outside smoking. We left a day early because we were treated so poorly when we complained. Apparently smoking is more important than customer service. The strip club across the street was unpleasant to say the least...

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Casey J
Lori Beth H, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Myrtle Beach, responded to this review, 12 August 2013
Thank you for your feedback. I'm sorry to hear you did not enjoy your time at our hotel.

Travellers are raving about these Myrtle Beach hotels

GA
Reviewed 7 August 2013

My family and I had to stay here for one night due to my grandmother being in the hospital the day before. We was on our first family vacation and stayed at a resort on the beach, we was suppose to leave on Sunday but like I said my grandmother got real sick that Saturday and was on life support. I choose this hotel because I'm a club carlson member, but just because one hotel is one way doesn't mean all of them are the same (which they should be). The beds were comfy and the room was ok, but the bathroom look like it haven't been cleaned throughly and had paper on the floor under the vanity. The shower was not so clean, that's why when I take showers at hotels I always put down a towel in the tub (don't want my feet on the surface). It also was rust around the edges of the tub, especially were the soap goes, it just was not right, I have never seen so much rust in a hotel as such. I should've took pictures put my phone had tore up on the way to Myrtle Beach, so I didn't have my phone for a whole week. I'm really getting sick and tired of staying at hotels that cost $100 or more a night and they look like a cheap motels.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Tiffany J
Thank you for your feedback. We value any guest's comments and appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your stay. I'm sorry we did not meet your expectations, but I assure you we are working hard to make sure a similar incident does not occur in the future.