“Bargain Price but....”

Ranked #83 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Minnesota
“Bargain Price but....”
Reviewed 26 May 2014

(FYI, my husband and I are very experienced with hotel stays and I'm writing this review because we've relied heavily on other reviewers during our travels and we want future guests of this location to have an honest assessment.) We have stayed at this hotel twice before and feel it's a good budget location for one or two days for adults. We recently stayed here for several days in early May for our daughter's college graduation and under similar circumstances I would book here again because of price, location (despite the strip club next door), and friendly staff. The tradeoffs to the price are dingy, worn, and in some cases downright shabby furnishings, especially if you are assigned the "suite" we occupied during the last visit. The main room was acceptable, but the attached windowless room (although occupied during our stay by our adult daughter) was not cleaned during our visit and contained a dirty pullout couch with a lumpy thin mattress. Both rooms had well worn carpeting with a visible layer of grime in every corner and beneath the baseboards. The housekeeping staff was friendly and respectful, but daily cleaning refreshed about 80 percent of the room; there was always some surface that was missed. Also during this stay, the lobby "welcome" signs were out for hotel guests participating in Myrtle Beach Biker Week(s). The motorcycles were afforded special parking adjoining the main entrance and created a considerable noise problem, especially in the wee hours. Our perception after three stays over the past four years is that this hotel is suited to a budget-minded, ADULT clientele to willing to trade price for below-average accommodations. If that's what you've signed on for, you'll be satisfied.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Jillleno
Lori Beth H, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Myrtle Beach, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm glad that you chose our hotel again for your stay in Myrtle Beach. I noticed you mentioned the "Welcome" sign in our lobby that was welcoming both Coastal Carolina University graduates and their families as well as our Spring Bike Rally guests. We take every effort to make sure our guests feel right at home and we feel that a special welcome is that little extra touch that keeps our guests coming back. I'm sorry that you did not find your guest Suite satisfactory, but I hope that you enjoyed the extra room and privacy that our Suites provide. We are currently undergoing renovations at our hotel and hope that you will visit again so that we can exceed you expectations on your next visit.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Liverpool, New York
Reviewed 23 April 2014

We had a great stay at this place.. They were very helpful and knowledgeable about the area and how to get to places.. Two people who made a difference were Lori Beth & Shane, they were awesome to talk to and very kind & courteous to us.. Jen was very good to us also, we put up a "do not disturb" sign up bcuz we were staying for a few days but she was there every morning asking for trash and if we needed towels or anything else she could do for us.. thanks so much..

Room Tip: we though it was very quiet and we stayed in a suite on 2nd floor..
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Lori Beth H, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Myrtle Beach, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
I'm so happy to hear that you and your family enjoyed your time at our hotel. Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We take a lot of pride in the level of customer service we provide to our guests and it's always a thrill to hear such positive feedback. Shayne, Jen, and I would like to say a special thank you for mentioning us all personally. It was a pleasure getting to know your family and we look forward to seeing you again when you travel back to Myrtle Beach!
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

Hotel was adequate, breakfast was not good and had too little to choose from. My main problem with this hotel was location. It is situated between two strip clubs, not exactly family friendly, and far from all of the MB attractions. Keep looking, you can do better.

Stayed April 2014
4 Thank momlynch7
I'm sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay. Most of our guests find our location ideal for nearby shopping, attractions, and the beach. Thank you for taking the time to write a review, as we value all of our guests' feedback.
Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

I went into this visit being open minded bc it was such a great price.....
For a family of 4, children ages 11 & 14, the king size suite was a matchbox! I had to purchase a cot for an extra $10 a night.

The selling point for me is always the breakfast.... If it is for you, don't be fooled! The "breakfast" consisted of a frozen disc egg, diced can ham pieces, and the waffle maker! No fruit, or meat line pictured in all of their pictures. This to feed an entire hotel full of families! They did at one point have some donuts and muffins out, and at about 9 that morning the worker comes and removes 85% of them and leaves around 4 in the container. The dining area was never clean....so we went to IHOP.

Not to mention the parking.... is about a total of 25 spaces, for an entire hotel... We had to park on the other side of the STRIP CLUB that is next door bc two guest were allowed to park there trucks and trailers taking up 3-6 spaces EACH! Not to mention it was raining, cold and 10pm! When I brought it to the attention of the front desk clerk, I was assured it would be handled, but the next night. .. same thing!

So if you just need a place to lay your head for a night, that's about it... Don't look for anything more bc is not here!

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Tonya J
Lori Beth H, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Myrtle Beach, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
I'm sorry that you did not enjoy your time at our hotel. If you would like to further discuss your concerns you may contact me directly at the hotel.
Holly Ridge, North Carolina
Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

The hotel has a nice B&B feel. Clean and well sized rooms. The bathrooms are a bit dates and it has awful lighting in the bathrooms. It was fine for a one night stay and the price was reasonable. I was very please with the customer service and the help that we received at the front desk. It is also in a pretty good location by the mall, broadway at the beach and one of the two Tanger outlets.

Stayed April 2014
Lori Beth H, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Myrtle Beach, responded to this review, 19 April 2014
Thank you for your wonderful review. I'm glad that you enjoyed your time at our hotel. It's always nice to hear such positive feedback. We would love to see you again when your travels bring you back to Myrtle Beach!
Burlington, North Carolina
Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

We normally stay at a Hilton anytime we travel but every once in awhile we change it up so we decided to stay here and i was very happy with my decision. The room was very spacious and nicely decorated and the bed was very comfortable. The property was very well kept and maintained. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone looking for a great hotel.

• Stayed May 2013
Lori Beth H, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Myrtle Beach, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your time at our hotel. Thank you for choosing us and we look forward to seeing you in the future!
Wilmington, North Carolina
Reviewed 30 March 2014

I stayed at this property on March 1 2014 while in Myrtle Beach to pick up a computer that was not available in my area. I was not planning on staying the night, however after visiting many attractions I decided to spend a night. From my arrival the staff was so helpful and friendly. The property is beautiful and well maintained. I was very impressed with the room I stayed in a one bedroom suite which was beyond spacious. There were two rooms really one a living area, and the other a bedroom. I was able to set up at the desk and even get some work done before retiring into the bedroom. When I woke up I really can say the bed was so comfortable which gave me a great nights rest. The hotel is very close to Broadway at the beach which is where I, like many, love to visit when in Myrtle Beach. The value and location are without parallel. The breakfast is much more than a typical continental breakfast. I was again impressed with actual ceramic dishes rather than the paper plates many hotels use. The breakfast offers more than I can write. A few examples are hot eggs, Belgian waffles, potatoes, oatmeal (not instant), cereals, etc. This is only a few of the items offered. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone and definitely intend on staying again during my next visit to the Myrtle Beach area. I also wanted to note again about the staff, by the next morning they remembered me by name. This I do not have happen often. A true Gem of Myrtle Beach.

Room Tip: I would suggest the one bedroom suite
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Lori Beth H, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Myrtle Beach, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
Thank you so much for the fantastic review! It is always nice to hear when our guests enjoy their stay. We really appreciate you taking the time to comment on your time at our hotel and are thrilled to hear that you felt right at home. I'm also happy to see that you had a chance to take advantage of our "Be Our Guest" breakfast. The variety of items offered usually have a little something for everyone. Thank you again for posting the wonderful comments and we look forward to seeing you again the next time your travels bring you back to the area.