“nice room, nice view”

Ranked #45 of 207 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
cleveland
“nice room, nice view”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

this hotel is a normal sheraton, nothing fancy, but clean and orderly. it's 3 blocks from the beach so driving and finding parking can be a little annoyance. it's strange that the parking is in an outside building, the desk staff told me the city owns it so paying for parking does not count on spg points. also, they did not tell us that handicapped parking is free. we had a high floor with a nice view. we enjoyed seeing the ferris wheel's changing lights at night. it was bike week, so being away from the main drag was a major advantage for noise. nice and restful....just what we were looking for.

Room Tip: ocean view was lovely.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank clevelandlaura
Juli P, Director of Revenue Management at Sheraton Myrtle Beach Convention Center Hotel, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Good Morning clevelandlaura. Thank you for taking the time to write your review, we really appreciate the feedback. We are so happy to hear you were able to enjoy one of the great views we have to offer, sometimes it's nice to be away from the action. We hope you'll be staying with us again soon. Have a great weekend.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (255)
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

My husband and I enjoyed this hotel so much. Everything was clean and the staff was wonderful. We are looking forward to a trip without the kids so we can go back. We enjoyed the club lounge with the breakfast and evening snacks.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Good Morning Bamfamily. Thank you so much for you great review! We are pleased to know you enjoyed your time with us enough to come back. Hopefully we'll be able to have you stay on our club floor again. We look forward to seeing you, have a great weekend!
Randleman, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

Booked the room through Expedia, took a chance and booked the mystery hotel and got a great price. Convenient to all attractions. Room was very nice but bed was very hard. Was not aware that parking deck at the hotel was additional.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank 697joed
Juli P, Director of Revenue Management at Sheraton Myrtle Beach Convention Center Hotel, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Good Morning Joe D,

PA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

My husband and I stayed here just overnight in May 2014. The hotel wasn't bad, we had no real problems. The staff were very friendly. The room was fair. I found hair on our comforter and pillow case so that bothered me a little, especially because I am so picky and really pay attention to the cleanliness of the sheets, comforter and pillows. The room wasn't dirty though. The walls seem thin as I could hear a lot of what was going on in the hall and next room. The location of the hotel is good even though it is not right on the beach. We got it for a good price so I really can't complain for what we paid. It's good for a night or two but I don't know If I would want to stay longer.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Traveladi
Juli P, Director of Revenue at Sheraton Myrtle Beach Convention Center Hotel, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Dear traveladi,

Hartsville, South Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

We checked in and asked about late checkout. Our clerk asked her manager and we were told we could stay until 2pm at no charge. Perfect, my husband went off to his work meeting while I laid at the pool. During the time I was at pool (11:30am) housekeeping entered our room. I know this because when I got back from pool at 12:50pm the do not disturb hang card was no longer on outside of door but placed inside our room. I hopped in the shower because I knew the 2pm check out time was coming. The room phone rang, it was front desk asking if we were checking out today. I told him we were leaving at 2pm per the girl who checked us in. He apologized and said she didn't notate the account but that I had an hour to finish up and check out and that he would let housekeeping know. Mistakes happen, I understand that. However it becomes harassment when within a 20 minute timeframe of hanging up phone with front desk 3 different housekeeping staff used their keycards to enter our room while I was still in there and I told all 3 that my checkout time was 2pm. Last straw was when at 1:33pm a supervisor of housekeeping shows up, knocks then enters room with her key to ask me if I planned on leaving. I was so frustrated I picked up my bag and walked out. The housekeeping staff completely ruined what could have been a nice weekend. We were there with my husbands employer for meetings at the hotel and I can assure you that his company will not be doing any further business with this particular Sheraton. I addressed the housekeeping harassment at front desk when I checked out and the girl just passified me by stating she would have a talk with housekeeping. Not a good hotel to go to if you are looking to relax....as you will get harassed by housekeeping.

• Stayed May 2014
5 Thank tricia1017
Good afternoon Tricia17, thank you very much for writing us a review & making us aware of your interaction with our housekeeping department. I have reported this to the housekeeping manager so that he is aware & can address the issues. We do hope that you'll come back again & give us a 2nd try. Have a great weekend, Juli Pray
Fayetteville, North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

My husband and I stayed here for one night. He came home for two weeks during his R&R from Afghanistan and we wanted to have a really nice and relaxing stay, however it was anything but nice and relaxing. We had actually booked the hotel for four nights, however, it was so horrible that we left after just a night. First, when we got there, at the front desk people were extremely rude. When we went up to our room, it wasn't even ready. There was a tray outside the room and in the room the bed was not made, nor was it cleaned. It was disgusting. The next morning we went to have breakfast and it was mediocre at best. First, we went up to the so called Club House, which was so dirty and had disgustingly old food. The couches looked like there had been a party the night before with stains and food particles all over. So we went downstairs to the main dining hall. My husband asked for orange juice and coffee and the waitress told him that he can only get one drink. We were willing to pay the extra price for whichever drink, but she said that only one drink is allowed. I have never even heard of that. And then when she brought me coffee and my husband took a sip from my cup, she came back and told us that once again, we can only have one drink per person. That was the last straw and we left. Very disappointing being that the most Sheraton hotels I have stayed at, have been great. This is a severely mismanaged hotel that pretends to be luxury, but there is not an ounce of luxury. We were willing to pay a good price for luxury, but I have had better stays at a run down European motel.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
8 Thank A_Y0ung7
Juli P, Director of Revenue at Sheraton Myrtle Beach Convention Center Hotel, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Dear A_Y0ung7,

Belmont, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

I stayed here for the Myrtle Beach Marathon. It was a perfect location. My friend and I checked in and then went to pick our race packet up in the hotel. The bed was very comfortable for my important rest the night before the big race:) I will stay here again next year.

Room Tip: This is not on the beach so any room will do
Green Features: Very friendly the staff was eager to please. In order to stay environmentally friendly like most hotels you can decline to have your sheets washed.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Juli P, Director of Revenue Management at Sheraton Myrtle Beach Convention Center Hotel, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Good Afternoon vapanna. Thank you so much for your great review! We really appreciate your feedback. We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your time with us and that everything fit your needs. Glad you were able to have a good nights rest before the big day! We are looking forward to seeing you again next year. Have a wonderful week.