“Theft from hotel room”

Sheraton Myrtle Beach Convention Center Hotel
Ranked #52 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
“Theft from hotel room”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

An iPad was stolen from my room earlier this evening while I was having dinner at the hotel bar. Hotel security checked their room key monitoring system, which indicated that my own key was used to access the room while I was gone. My key was with me the entire evening. Hotel security said they would review their video footage but that there was nothing more they could do. I will not stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank Amy D
Juli P, Director of Revenue at Sheraton Myrtle Beach Convention Center Hotel, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Good afternoon Amy D, & thank you for taking time to write a review. We appreciate your concern, however our lock system didn't show anyone entering or leaving your room aside from your key. We take theft very seriously & had it been one of our associates they would've been dealt with accordingly.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (264)
Hickory
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

My team and family stayed here when we played in the Winter Bump volleyball tournament. I was really pleased with how close it was to restaurants and the beach, and how it seemed to have a relaxed vibe to it. I was a little freaked out over the homeless people just roaming the parking garage, but nothing beats the short walk I had from my hotel room to the volleyball court.

Stayed January 2014
2 Thank sam21avery
Juli P, Director of Revenue Management at Sheraton Myrtle Beach Convention Center Hotel, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Good Afternoon sam21avery. Thank you so much for your great review, we really appreciate your feedback. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your time with us. We hope you'll be staying with us again soon. Have a great week.
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Stayed at the Sheraton for a business trip. As a first time visitor, It was challenging to find a suitable business hotel in a resort area at peak season. The Sheraton was a pleasant surprise and I was very pleased with the accommodations. It was clean and comfortable and I had great views. I have bookmarked this location for future stays.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Dee B
Good Afternoon Dee B. Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review! We really appreciate hearing your feedback! We are so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that you will be back. We look forward to having you! Have a wonderful week.
Suffolk, Virginia
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

The check in process was very easy considering it was super busy. It seemed like everyone checked in at once. We were told they had parking on site for $8 a day. The parking garage is tight!! Also unload your luggage and check out your room before parking your car because they are not connected. Which we found out after we parked, so that was frustrating. We get to our room and it had the worse view. We start expecting the room and it was gross! There were stains on the carpet, the bed sheets,covers, pillows all had stains. And some random hairs. Went straight down stairs to complain. The lady at the front desk said sorry and asked did we have all of our belongings with us because she was going to keep us on the same floor. We were moved across the hall had a partial view of the ocean. This room was very clean you can tell someone cleaned it that day. The beds were very comfortable. We left or room early the next morning to go enjoy the beach. We were gone until maybe after 3. When we retured to our room someone was just coming in to straighten up. She saw us and asked do we want the beds made. We declined she asked us to sign off on this sheet and she leaves. Well we had to look for her to get toilet paper and wash clothes because we had nothing left in the room. Other complaint was how strong the chlorine smell is in the pool. It's very over powering. We only stayed a few minutes because of this and the super bad kids that came in. Speaking of kids, check with the hotel to see what events they are hosting at the convention center. Just so happens there was a dance competition going on during our visit. There were so many random kids running up and down the hall way. I do understand the hotel has no control over people children, but some type of control would have been helpful. Especially because you can hear everything going on because the walls are so thin. We only stayed for two days any longer would've been horrible. Don't think we will stay here again on a return trip.

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Kitty757
Juli P, Director of Revenue at Sheraton Myrtle Beach Convention Center Hotel, responded to this review, 30 October 2014
Dear Guest,

Dix Hills, New York
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

If you need to be in the convention center, this is a very good hotel. We were there for an entire week for a dance competition and it served the purpose extremely well. The rooms were fairly clean, which is of the utmost importance to me. The beach is a little bit if a walk but doable. However, I was disappointed when I heard that multiple people I knew were being charged daily for parking, when they did not even have a car with them. In one case, a friend of mine booked two rooms for his family and he was being charged for Parking twice each day. He didn't even drive to myrtle Beach. They flew in and took a taxi to and from the airport. At check in, the hotel staff asks whether or not you have a car and gives you a special parking pass for your rear view mirror when you do, so these false charges should never have happened.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank John D
Good Afternoon John D. Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review. We are very pleased to hear you enjoyed your time with us. Very sorry to hear about the parking charges, hopefully this was brought to the attention of the front desk while you were here to be fixed. We hope you'll be staying with us again soon! Have a great week.
Camden, South Carolina
Reviewed 20 July 2014

There is also a convention center attached and I have never had this be a problem but these rooms are very noisy. Anything that moves in the hallway makes noise. There was a dance competition going while we were there and there were many teens that had little supervision. We had a girl from another wing come and camp at the end of the hallway next to our door to talk on her cell phone at 11 PM. She woke us up 3 times and then I went and asked her to please take it somewhere else. Her response was nobody complained the night before, then continued to call me names before disappearing to another wing. Security is very lax there. The carpets were new and very pretty but VERY dirty. We had a number of large, dark spots on the carpet. Didn't want to walk around without shoes there. There is a restaurant but it is limited. It is quite a distance to the beach or any other restaurants. You just about have to get into your car and drive to either. Then you have to find parking there, and if you are going to the beach, good luck. You do have to pay for parking, and it is quite expensive. The gate into the garage malfunctions often and another person will have to get out of their car and use their card to open the gate for you. Almost everyone who goes to the parking garage has seen this happen with cars backed up, so someone will always be willing to help out the person that is stuck and get the cars moving again. Staff - well, what can I say! Best to just say that everyone there acts like they hate their job and don't want to help you. We were all smiles when we arrived, ready for a fun mini vacation. Within minutes the smiles changed but we finally got our room, then found out we had to pay for parking and another extra fee that we weren't told about. Then to top off everything, I have a service dog that they insisted was classed as a pet, but they don't except pets. Since it is a service dog, they will accept him but we had to fill out forms stating that we had a pet. The attitude they gave us made it plain that the dog was not welcome there. According to federal law, he is not a pet! My husband was pretty irritated so he filled out the form and crossed out "pet" and wrote in service dog. When we were checking out, I asked to talk to the manager about their policy for my service dog. We waited for him, but he never would bother talking to us. He seemed to be too busy. After we watched him take care of a number of other people that came up after us, we finally walked away. My best advice, if you want a happy little vacation, don't make it at this hotel. The linens are tattered and the housekeeping skills are poor (see pic). The rooms are very small. Yes, you can see the ocean if you are on the right side of the hotel, but it is a long ways and you can barely see it through the big hotels on the beach. And, this is not a happy place.

Green Features: Didn't know they had any, they don't make them known. I don't want to have to look to see what they are.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mary B
Good afternoon Mary B, & thanks for taking time to write us a review. We appreciate your feedback. However please keep in mind when you come to a family destination during the peak of the Summer busy season, you will have families & children all around you. I would suggest you come back after school is back in session. Also, we are only 2 blocks from the ocean & 6 blocks from Broadway, so we are right in the middle of everything & not far away from anything.
Denton, North Carolina
Reviewed 16 July 2014

I have stayed at the Sheraton lots of times and it has been fine. I recently made reservations at the Sheraton Convention Center in Myrtle Beach SC. Upon arrival I was told I had a room with a king size bed. I explained I had reserved a room with 2 double beds and the MANAGER told me she knew that but sorry she could not help that. She said some of the rooms had damage and we couldn't have the room we reserved. I told the MANAGER that I had called earlier in the day to let them know we would be a late arrival and was told it would not be a problem. You would think someone would have told me about the problem then. Please know we had 4 ladies in our group. Can't you see 4 ladies in one king size bed? NOT! The manager said she would give us a roll a way bed. How sweet! I asked her to give us 2 rooms both with a king size bed. That way we would still have 2 beds but she said NO, you reserved one room. I told her I also reserved 2 beds only to be told I had one. Long story short... the MANAGER did not care that it was almost midnight and we had to go out looking for a room that time of night with a elderly Mother and a friend in the process of cancer treatments. About one o'clock in the morning we finally found a room. I will NEVER stay at the Myrtle Beach Sheraton! To top it all off, the MANAGER said we wasn't the only one told they didn't have a room as requested. I asked how many other people had been turned away and she said one or two. In other words, just one, us. Never have I been so disrespected and talked down to. It would have been nice to know somebody cared when you was spending $442.00 for the weekend. Sad! Just pitaful! The MANAGER was very unprofessional and she knew it and did not care.

Room Tip: Does not matter what you request because you might not get it and get sent away.