“Fabulous concierge”

Sheraton Myrtle Beach Convention Center Hotel
Ranked #57 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

This is my second time in MB for a conference at this hotel. While the facilities resemble every other big hotel, the concierge stood out. Steven was great! He sent us to two different restaurants that we loved. Not only that but both were crowded, with a wait. Once we mentioned his name we sailed right in were really treated like a VIP. I would stay here again just to have Steven arrange our dinners.

Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Carol J
Juli P, Director of Revenue Management at Sheraton Myrtle Beach Convention Center Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Good Afternoon Carol J. Thank you so much for your review. We are thrilled to hear Steven helped to make your staying great, we will certainly pass along the message. Hope to see you again soon. Have a wonderful week.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,024)

Reviewed 29 July 2014

I visit Myrtle Beach several times a year and refuse to stay anywhere else. Not only does this hotel sit in a perfect and prime location, the beds are AMAZING. We were running late to an event and needed a small snack, after a quick call to the bar a fresh bowl of fruit was delivered within minutes up to the room, this display of service is unmatched.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Blhbball22

Good Afternoon Blhbball22. Thank you so much for your awesome review! We are thrilled that we are your first pick while in Myrtle Beach! Hope to see you soon. Have a wonderful week!

Reviewed 28 July 2014

My daughter and I stayed here for a dance competition in July. Most of the dancers and their families stayed off site and rented condos for a week. We opted to be close to the convention center and we indeed were. The hotel is nice for Myrtle Beach standards. Many of the folks that booked at cheaper places (not condos) had to leave due to poorly maintained rooms and or just too many bugs(cockroaches). On the bright side, we did not have those issues at this hotel. But it seems like it needs to be freshened up just a tad in the rooms. Our room had a big black mark on the wall - I so wanted to get out my Mr. Clean and wipe it off, but hey this mom was on vacation! The bathroom was bright and clean and the towels were plentiful. I had a personal problem with one of the bartenders (you have to order food from him in the M bar) and it was indeed rectified with the hotel manager. Given this hotel tends to serve large groups like dance conventions, I was surprised by the fact that the cafe closed at 11:00 p.m. And the starbucks closed early afternoon. They may want to rethink their staffing and closing times when they service huge groups like teenage dancers who love their food and Starbucks! The reception desk and hotel lobby was beautiful and well appointed and the restrooms very clean. All of the staff was pleasant and charming (except for my bar buddy and well maybe he just had bad day). I do forgive. Wouldn't stop me for staying at the hotel again, though I'd rather travel a bit south of Myrtle Beach where it's more familiy oriented and quieter. All in all the Club room was great, accommodations clean and we slept well. Daughter loved the chicken strips and I tried the fried green tomatoes - yum! M Bar food was mmm mmmm good! Convention center was cool, so we all wore sweaters but I'd rather be cold than warm and I'm sure the dancers appreciated the temps as well. Didn't try the indoor pool but did walk down to the beach which is about a 10 minute walk. Beach is very crowded and public. Lots of loud music and people everywhere. Great if you like that type of atmosphere. The concierge tried to convince me to take a 90 minute tour to get some free passes for seafood buffets. A bit insulted but I didn't say anything. I'm not a buffet type person and I don't waste my time while on vacation listening to someone try to sell me something when I have no intention of buying. YUK. Friendly warning, who needs that! The women staffing the desk didn't bother me with that, thank goodness. All in all, glad we booked there and if I ever return to downtown Myrtle Beach, I will definitely stay at the Sheraton Convention Center.

Room Tip: I loved the club room which included free breakfast and appetizers each day. Worth the price. Wait...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Good Afternoon Rita R. Thank you so much for your great review! We are so thrilled to hear you enjoyed your time with us. Please know any issues will be addressed with the proper management in order to prevent them from happening again. We do look forward to seeing you again! Have a wonderful week.

Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed here while going to baseball tourney. Was only 10 min walk to ocean and away from hustle/bustle but close to everything. Wasn't impressed with hotels on strip. Expensive and outdated. Pools were tiny. Boardwalk was very nice though.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank kkr67
Juli P, Director of Revenue Management at Sheraton Myrtle Beach Convention Center Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Good Afternoon kkr67. Thank you so much for your awesome review. We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your time with us! We hope you'll be staying with us again next time your in Myrtle Beach. Have a great week.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

My daughter and I stayed here for a week for a dance competition. I felt very safe in this hotel travelling alone with my daughter. It's very convenient being attached to the convention center where the competition was held. We had a quiet room on the 12th floor. The service staff cleaned the room really well each day at very convenient times. As an SPG member I loved the Club Lounge on the 11th floor with the daily breakfast and early evening snacks. Everything was tasty and the staff working there were so friendly. We got room service a couple of times and everything arrived hot and delicious. I used the workout room and everything was in great shape and clean. The pool area was nice. The only drawback is that it's not beachfront, but it's within a 10 minute walk.

2  Thank Elizabeth46905
Juli P, Director of Revenue Management at Sheraton Myrtle Beach Convention Center Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Good Afternoon Elizabeth46905. Thank you so much for your awesome review! We are thrilled to hear you felt comforable and safe during your stay with us! Glad you were able to take advantage of our club lounge as well. We hope you'll be staying with us again soon! Have a great week.

Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

While down for a baseball tourney we used our Starwood Points to stay here and not right in the beach. Before we got here I was contemplating whether we made the right decision. Now, after being here for the week and seeing other families rooms on the team, we made the right choice. They are on the beach but our hotel was much cleaner and brighter and beds way more comfortable.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Gungi07

Good Afternoon Gungi07. Thank you so much for taking the time to write your awesome review! We are so happy to hear you were pleasantly surprised with our location and we hope you choose to stay with us again next time you visit Myrtle beach! Have a great week.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

First, I'm not impressed with Myrtle Beach so I avoid it at all costs, if possible, so when I do have to go I stay here or the Marriott. I was here for a family reunion and booked 6 rooms for family members and Leslie at the front desk was fast and efficient in getting us checked in. The Sweet Sleeper beds in the rooms here are awesome, wifi is good, the maintenance is excellent for a high traffic hotel and service in both the restaurant and the Club Lounge is on point. A very comfortable place to stay away from the noise and congestion along Ocean Avenue. Highly recommend.

2  Thank romadaro

Good Afternoon romadaro. Thank you so much for your great review! We really appreciate you taking the time to leave your feedback. We are thrilled to hear you chose us to spend your time in Myrtle Beach. So glad to hear our staff helped to make your stay! We hope you'll be staying with us again next time your in town. Have a great week.