“Not worth the price”

Family Kingdom Amusement Park
Ranked #36 of 123 things to do in Myrtle Beach
More attraction details
Owner description: This charming, old-fashioned amusement park features more than 30 fun-filled rides including an all-wooden roller coaster, Log Flume, Go-Kart tracks, historic carousel and the largest Ferris wheel in South Carolina.
Reviewed 22 September 2013

It is not worth the price. We got in for free with a package we got with the hotel we stayed at, but if I was having to pay to ride the rides I would have been very disappointed. They are mostly rides you would find at any carnival only one really good ride for adults. The wooden roller coaster will beat you to death, most of the rides will leave you with a neck ache.
Would never go back again. But the staff was pretty nice.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,355)
All reviews
in 26 reviews
"year olds"
in 15 reviews

Reviewed 13 September 2013

My husband and I stopped in here on Sept 7, 2013 to look around. I am glad that we walked around the place to see if there was anything there that we wanted to ride before we paid for the wristband or bought tickets. All the rides were old and looked like they needed to some serious attention. They have very few rides for adults or teenagers to ride. This was a basically a stationary fair. The new steel coaster that we saw on the signs was a joke and were it was located you had trouble trying to figure out were the entrance was. This is not someplace I would bring by children or grandchildren to ride. We enjoyed watching the people play the games, but are glad that we did not waste our money.

Reviewed 9 September 2013

A lot of fun. We were just like big kids. I loved the funnel cakes. I didn't care for the long ticket lines. Overall it was nice way to spend the evening.

Reviewed 7 September 2013

My 3 year old had a great time ,but my teenager daughter got a little bored because more rides for the toddler. Overall everyone had a GREAT time because the lines moved fast. Also if you plan to go try to find discount tickets

See more reviews
Reviewed 6 September 2013

We were told we when we bought a wrist band 1 adult could ride with our 4 year old without paying. When we got to the rides, if he was over 42 inches (he is 44 inches) we were told we could not ride we him. Most of these rides were not safe to let a 4 year old on by himself except for the kiddie rides. I would not have minded paying if I would known the situation ahead of time. For example we got to the log flume and I was told I could not go on it with my 4year old without a ticket because he was over 42 inches. So I was going to buy a ticket, but by the time we got down to the ticket booth my Son thought we were told he could not ride it since we were sent away. So we ended up not riding it and they lost money because of the whole situation. Most of the people working there were very rude. When they closed my Son was trying to finish his ice cream we had bought there at a table. We were basically kicked out and he was left to eat his ice cream in a empty parking lot which also did not seem to safe.

1  Thank Tammy G