“Wonderful place to stay! Yes we will be back 2012!”

Best Western Plus Grand Strand Inn & Suites
Ranked #19 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Axton
“Wonderful place to stay! Yes we will be back 2012!”
Reviewed 3 August 2011

I enjoyed my stay at this hotel on our family vacation to MB July 2010. I regret that I didn't stay here this year (2011), but I will be returning in 2012. I was very pleased with this hotel staff, check-in/check-out, cleaniness of the room, pool area, parking lot and would recommend it to everyone vacationing in MB.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
puravidaagain, Owner at Best Western Plus Grand Strand Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 4 August 2011
Thank you so much for thinking of our property and taking the time share your experience, even though you didn't get a chance to visit us this summer. I'm glad that my rooms, amenities, and staff made such a lasting impression on you and your family; your positive words on everything from the check-in/check-out to to parking is greatly appreciated. We are always happy to hear from repeat guests, and will be glad to see you again at our property next year. Thanks, again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (287)
  • Turkish first
Amherst, New York
Reviewed 2 August 2011

Just returned from a week stay at BEST WESTERN PLUS Grand Strand Inn & Suites in Myrtle Beach. We have stayed at ocean-front beach hotels from Maine to Florida and have to rate this hotel as one of if not the best stay we have had to date. Our room was in the center of the fifth floor of the tower building directly on the beach providing a great view of the ocean front. The room was an efficiency unit which was convenient for food prep and storage. The room was a nice size, had all the amenities we required and was always kept spotless by the courteous housekeeping staff. The front desk personnel were top-notch and helped us with all of needs/requests. Only one downside is the small area for the continental breakfast served in the lobby which tended to be bottle-necked during peak hours so go early if you can. You won't be disappointed by a stay in the tower building.

2 Thank BeachLoverMan
Fitchburg, Massachusetts
Reviewed 1 August 2011

My husband and I stumbled upon the Best Western Grand Strand after a miserable night stay at another Myrtle Beach area hotel. We were looking for another hotel but there was no vacancy at any of the area hotels. We spoke with Dennis, the manager, who explained that the pent house suite was avaiable but that it was a 3 night minimum stay. The pent house was over our budget and we still had 6 more nights in Myrtle Beach. Dennis spoke with the owner and allowed us to stay in the pent house 1 night and then move us to a regular, more affordable room. The transition was seemless the following day and we were in our new room before we ventured out for the day. The rooms were clean and comfortable but above all Dennis and his staff was so welcoming and kind to my husband and I that I would reccomend this hotel to anyone else in a heart beat. They gave us directions to area attractions and answered all of our questions about the area. They were professional and courteous. This is one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in.

2 Thank italeviee13
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review! I'm glad that you found your experience worth sharing with other TripAdvisor users. Although we cannot always accomodate guests at the last-minute, we do our best to be flexible and helpful; room moves such as yours are one way that we can fulfill requests, and my staff is trained to make the transition from one room to another easy and enjoyable. Furthermore, I consider excellent customer service to be one of my highest priorities and so it is great to hear that you found Dennis and my front desk employees to be "welcoming", "kind", "professional", and "curteous". This, I believe, is incredibly important in ensuring that guests have the best stay possible. Thank you again for spreading the word about your positive experience, and we look forward to welcoming you back to our property soon.
Smith, Kentucky
Reviewed 29 July 2011

After reading the reviews, we decided to stay here. We are very picky and found NOTHING wrong. We loved it! We had excellent service and a wonderful housekeeper! Everything was so clean and the beds are very comfortable!! We loved the rockers on the balcony and the wonderful view! We will be back!!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Thank you for your kind words! I am always pleased to hear from guests who find our hotel on TripAdvisor and believe that the reviews accurately reflect our property. Guests have consistently remarked on the cleanliness and comfort of our rooms, and I'm so glad that your experience was no different. We'll look forward to having you back next year- there will be a rocking chair waiting for you.
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 28 July 2011

We booked this hotel based on TripAdvisor reviews and we were not disappointed. The location was great and although we chose to stay in the building across the street from the beach, we were very happy with our choice. We were close to the pool and the parking was convenient.
We enjoyed the free daily breakfast and the ladies who presented it daily did a wonderful job. They were so pleasant; It seemed like they genuinely enjoyed their jobs.
The housekeeping staff and maintainence staff responded promptly although we only needed minor help once or twice.
We had a king size bed that was very comfortable with wonderful thick pillows and the room had a new flat screen TV. I appreciated the fact that the hotel recycles and uses "green" products.
The facility is very clean and nowadays that is especially important. We would definitely stay at this Best Western again.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 24 July 2011

This Best Western definitely lived up to the photos and the positive reviews I've seen here. In fact the room was even bigger and nicer than I expected from the photos; it had a bedroom with an LCD TV, a bathroom, a small kitchen area, another room with another LCD TV, and a balcony with two rocking chairs. I had an oceanfront room, which truly is on the ocean; I could see the beach and the ocean from my room. It's not a super-crowded part of the beach, so even in the middle of July it wasn't crowded. The breakfast was good, not your standard "continental," as it included fresh waffles, biscuits and gravy, and the standby muffins and fruit; it gets crowded and closes pretty early (9:30 AM), so be prepared to stand in line and eat at a strangers' table or standing up. The free wifi was good, but it usually didn't work from the balcony, and frequently prompted me to log in which was annoying (not WPA-secured like some places' wifi). Housekeeping didn't sweep the floor or clean the dishes, but they let me check out late without hassle, so I guess we're even. This wasn't the cheapest room on the beach, but it was a fine value for what I got. I would stay here again without hesitation.

Room Tip: Go for an ocean front room. It's a smaller building, beautiful view, and the location is perfect...
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank elfbarf
puravidaagain, Owner at Best Western Plus Grand Strand Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 1 August 2011
It is so nice to see such a detailed and thoughtful review- thank you for your care in sharing your experience with others, as well as your positive words about our property. I'm glad to hear that you had a enjoyable and memorable stay, and left satisfied with the size of your room and the ocean view. I appreciate your comments on our selection of foods at the continental breakfast as well. We are aware that the breakfast area can be crowded in the mornings, but I do want to mention that since your visit, we've taken measures to reduce the line in the morning that seem to be working well. I would also like to address your comments regarding the daily housekeeping service: although our housekeepers do not wash guests' dishes, the floor should have been swept daily. I apologize for this oversight, and assure you that I have spoken with our Operations Manager about the situation. Please know that if you would have mentioned it to us while you were here, we would have rectified the situation immediately. Thank you again for your review; it is our hope that you will return to our property and find your second stay even better than the first.
wiston-salem
Reviewed 24 July 2011

This is the best place to stay. We love it because it is family oriented. We have always had great service. All the staff are friendly and helpful. We don't have to think about where we will stay when we go Mrytle Beach, we always stay at Best Western Grand Strand Inn and Suites.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
puravidaagain, Owner at Best Western Plus Grand Strand Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 30 July 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I always love hearing from repeat guests who have enjoyed our property over the years. Each Best Western is independantly owned and operated, and my entire family is involved at our hotel in some fashion; for this reason, I have always been particularly careful about maintaining a family-friendly atmosphere. I'm so glad that you have found this to be the case over the years. Again, thank you for your kind words, and I hope to see you again soon!