“Excellent Motel!!!!”

Best Western Plus Grand Strand Inn & Suites
Ranked #20 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 15 August 2011

Room clean, staff friendly, great location. Nice pool and lazy river. Would avoid the breakfast scene but otherwise had a lovely stay.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
puravidaagain, Owner at Best Western Plus Grand Strand Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2011

Thank you for your kind words regarding our property and staff! I'm glad that you enjoyed your room and our amenities enough to pass on the word about your experience. I do want to address your words regarding the breakfast area; I hope that although you decided to avoid eating in the lobby in the mornings, you took advantage of the fact that we allow guests to take food back to their rooms. We do our best to offer a wide variety of high-quality foods and hope that our guests enjoy this complementary service, whether it is in the lobby, outside, or in their rooms. Again, thank you for your kind words and I hope to see you again next year!

There are newer reviews for Best Western Plus Grand Strand Inn & Suites

Reviewed 14 August 2011

We stayed at the Best Western Grand Strand Inn and Suites for the second time. We also stayed last summer. Jack Robertson, Hunter, Dennis, Tom, the young lady at the front desk during the day, and the Information System gentlemen who checked us out at 6 a.m. (sorry I can't remember the last 2 persons names) were all great to deal with. As usual Jack Robertson would talk to his guests to see how everyone was. The housekeeping staff did a great job as well as the maintence staff who are always working on something to keep the property looking great. The breakfast hostesses were very friendly and helped everyone. We requested and were granted to stay in the same room as last year because we loved the view. From the balcony, you can see the pool and lazy river, you can see the ocean, and you can watch the cars going down the road. Since it is an older property even though you would not know it because it is so well maintained, I asked some of the staff about the history of the hotel and found it to be very interesting. I forgot to ask if the lazy river was always there and was added later. We sure hope to be back next year. This year we stayed for 8 nights which we have never done on a vacatiion before and we hope we will be able to stay just as long next year. The updates to the room were great.

1  Thank jananddec
Reviewed 12 August 2011

I would recommend anyone to stay here, was with my 12 yr old son, ocean front, great hotel, no problems, very clean, service was great,I will return next year!-Jeff Janowski Crown Point In.

Room Tip: Read reviews
1  Thank Jeffrey J
Reviewed 11 August 2011

This was our second time staying at this hotel. We decided at the last minute to make a trip to the beach and I knew this hotel would be dependable. The people at the front desk were very nice and helpful. The lady overseeing breakfast was also super nice, making waffles at breakfast and bringing them out when the breakfast area became crowded.

We stayed in the building across the street from the office/breakfast area in one of the oceanfront rooms. I like the convenient little kitchen area and the tiled floor. The bathrooms were nice and looked recently updated. The beds were nice and comfy.

Overall, this is one of my favorite places to stay in Myrtle Beach. We will be returning.

Reviewed 9 August 2011

I stayed here with my dad and family in the building across the street from the ocean. The first night there was a mix up with the type of room we reserved. In addition the ac did not work well and the room was pretty hot. After explaining this to the manager our family was moved to another room. This room was nice and had 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, and a small kitchen. The rooms and bathrooms seem to be very clean. The beds, pillows, and bedding are very comfortable. I noticed the mattress had a protective covering of some kind on it . All the staff I came in contact with were very nice and helpful. The cleaning staff were the best I have ever seen. They changed the sheets and blankets, cleaned out the bathtubs, sinks, countertops, and vacuumed, ect. In additon she was also very friendly and talkative while she was cleaning. A lot of times I have noticed nowadays the maid will just provide more towels and take out the trash in a lot of hotels. Not here! They actually clean :) The hotel provides decent, small bottles of nice smelling shampoo, conditioner, and body lotion. I think it was bath and body works. They also provide a hair dryer and iron in the room for you. Parking was just outside the door. We stayed on the first floor. The breakfast was great for saving money and it tasted pretty good too. They had waffles, cereal, fresh fruit, boiled eggs, juice, biscuits and gravy, and coffee. The coffee in the lobby was usually fresh and good. The lazy river was too hot to stay in very long. I would stay here again and plan on it.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
puravidaagain, Owner at Best Western Plus Grand Strand Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2011

Thank you for taking the time to post such a helpful review; your comments will surely help potential guests make an informed decision on a hotel for their Myrtle Beach vacation. I am sorry to hear that there was a "mix-up" regarding your reservations, but hope that my staff's helpfulness and willingness to accomodate your party more than made up for any problems. Furthermore, I hope that you notified the front desk that your air conditioner was not working properly. Although maintenance issues are inevitable, I have somebody available 24/7 so that any problems can be addressed as soon as possible. Again, thank you for your positive words. I hope that you return to our property again soon!

Reviewed 8 August 2011

We are in the middle of our third annual visit to Best Western Grand Strand and I can't think of one reason to try someplace else. Pool-sparkling clean daily, rooms-well maintained and cleaned every day. The breakfast area still is too cramped but they do add tables outside and you can take food back to your room. There are also a TON of restaurants around with great food and cheap breakfast eats is you're looking for something more substantial. Get the two room two or three bed unit and so some food shopping at Food Lion to save some money. We usually grill out a couple of nights on their gas grill (free). The main building is NOT oceanfront but the other one is. It takes two minutes to walk to the beach from the main building. I promise.....YOU WILL NOT GO WRONG WITH BWGS!!

• Stayed: August 2011

It is rare that a guest writes a review in the middle of their stay rather than waiting until after they have returned home. I'm so happy to hear that your experience with us is so enjoyable that you want to spread the word sooner rather than later. I especially appreciate your words regarding the breakfast area of our hotel; I am aware that that mornings can be crowded in the lobby and do everything possible to improve the situation for my guests. As you pointed out, we have an outdoor seating area, and if guests prefer to eat in their rooms, we are happy to help them prepare the breakfasts to-go. Furthermore, many of our units have efficiency or full kitchens, and the grill you mentioned is always available to our guests in the cottages. Lastly, I'm glad to see that you clarified that our property has two buildings, the oceanfront and the main building, which is across Ocean Blvd (about 100 yards from the beach). We've found that this enables us to accommodate parties of varying budgets and preferences; I hope that future guests will find a fit for them. Again, thank you for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back to our property soon!

Reviewed 7 August 2011

Hotel recommended. Extremely friendly staff. Second straight year and we will return anytime.

Dumas family