I chose to not post pictures of this hotel as all the pictures of my "room" are accurate. We stayed in their one bedroom "cottage" behind the main building. Nice decor, clean room. The bathroom had a few areas of "water damage" in corners...this is typical of hotel rooms at the beach (even your most expensive rooms have some level of "water damage" in baths)
Here are my concerns and why I did not give a 5 star review...the kitchen could use some upgrading. When we rent a room/condo with a full kitchen, we expect to be able to use the kitchen. There were only 2 mugs and a handful of glasses for use. Bowls and plates were plentiful but only a couple of cooking implements (pots/pans). Not *nearly* enough to prepare a meal in the cottage. It would not cost the hotel much to invest in a few more pots and pans and a baking sheet or two. Also, some cooking utensils (spoons, spatula, etc.) would be nice.
Another concern is the size of this unit. We are a family of 5 and we **squeezed** into this unit. The bedroom has a nice sized king bed which was very comfortable. The living room has a pull-out couch and we rented an extra roll-away bed (nice touch!...not all hotels at the beach have roll-aways available!) The mattress on the couch and roll-away are nice and thick and comfortable...not like some other pull-out couches we've encountered... However, putting all 3 kids in the living room is cramped. The pull-out couch takes up most of the living room and, once we put the roll-away bed in there, it is impossible to move around the living room. If you keep this in mind and only have the beds out for sleeping, it works ok.
Laundry facilities are scarce at this hotel. Only 2 washers and 2 dryers located in the main building on the 3rd floor. We chose to haul our clothes to a laundromat up the road for our week stay.
The lazy river is small and they only have 5 or 6 tubes for use. Most of the time at least 2 of these were flat. Outdoor pool was decent but small. We didn't use the indoor facilities.
Even though we were in one of their cottages which are technically 1 block from the beach, access to the beach was quick and easy. There is a very quiet street between the cottages and the main building that you must cross and then a pedestrian cross-walk right in front of the hotel. Then you walk through a small parking lot to a beach access point. Very convenient and easier than I expected for being 2 streets away from the beach.
Overall, I would recommend this one-bedroom cottage for a couple or a family with no more than 2 children.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Join us this year in beautiful, sunny Myrtle Beach and Have A Grand Strand Vacation. With two buildings to choose from, oceanfront and the main building across the street from the ocean. Our clean, affordable rooms, efficiencies, two & three bedroom suites are sure to put you at ease. We welcome families, golfers, and couples (no pets please). Spend your days exploring the beach or lounge around our oversized 30' by 60' seasonal heated pool with separate kiddie pool, lazy river, hot tub, and sundeck. You can also enjoy our indoor pool and hot tub with changing room located at our beachfront facility. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Booking.com, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your BEST WESTERN PLUS Grand Strand Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Grand Strand Inn And Suites
- Best Western Plus Grand Strand Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Best Western Myrtle Beach
- Myrtle Beach Best Western