“A blissful weekend get-away”

Best Western Plus Grand Strand Inn & Suites
Ranked #20 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 20 October 2013

This is one of the best hotels, I've ever stayed in. The check in process went very smoothly. It was a 5 dollar deposit for your keys, but you get it back at the end of the check out. When I got to the room I was amazed at how clean and organized it looked. I stayed in the kitchen efficiency queen room. It was a little bit smaller than I thought it would be, but it was good enough for my boyfriend and I. The hotel staff was extremely helpful and courteous. Betty, Josh, and Kelly I believe, ( I may have their names mixed up) helped me out so much. We stayed in a lot, so we kept the "do not disturb" sign on, but there was a surplus of extra toiletries, towels, and all the necessities, we didn't need the hotel cleaning staff for anything. The only thing, I can say is that, the stove needs to be updated. Other than that everything was fantastic.

Reviewed 20 October 2013

good clean room with great staff. Had great location and included breakfast was pretty good. Small hotel by comparison but non the less efficient, safe and friendly atmosphere . Would recommend for a short getaway with family or spouse.. Location was close to everything and walking distance to beach ( one block)

Reviewed 20 October 2013

Very comfortable bed and sleeper sofa . Nicely located on the beach front. Clean and helpful staff. Visited with my father who is eighty-six years young and he does not like heights. Room was perfectly located on ground floor beach front. He could not stop talking about the service and trip.We plan to return for next year.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 October 2013

had a great time. our room was always clean and service was great. the breakfast was real good, but the eating area was sort of small for the amount of guests,many ate outside. the room was great, with balcony view of the ocean, but the bathroom was kind of small

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 October 2013

We booked this hotel based solely on advice of Trip Advisors – that was a big mistake. Upon arrival, we were disappointed with the out-dated decor of the room. The carpet & flooring were so dirty - our socks became blackened. In addition, the AC unit was blowing directly on the bed next to the window with no way adjust. After first night, we had our privacy sign on door & did not leave room until noontime. No one came to make bed or empty trash - we had to do this. Very disappointed by this Best Western - will not stay there again or recommend to anyone. We stayed in room 2302-A, a room overlooking the ocean. The view was nice from this room. That was the most positive thing about our stay – the view of the beach & ocean.

Room Tip: If you wish to see the beach & ocean, ask for a room that is above palm tree level.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Jack R, Owner at Best Western Plus Grand Strand Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2013

On behalf of my entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations in every area of your stay. I am deeply sorry that you were unhappy with the decor of the room, and especially that you felt that the room was not cleaned to our standards. I can assure you that I have spoken with my Head of Operations in regards to your comment about the carpets and flooring. She will be addressing the issue immediately, and will ensure that it is satisfactorily taken care of, for the benefit of future guests.

I have also looked over our housekeeping records, in order to identify why it is that you did not receive service on the first day of your stay. Our paperwork states that the "Do Not Disturb" sign was still on when the housekeeper checked at 2:00 PM, which is why she did not come to your room. There must have been a misunderstanding on this front, and for that I apologize. I do wish that you had contacted my staff about your concern, though. I have a somebody on property 24/7 for situations such as these, and we would have been happy to take care of your room had we known that there was a problem.

Again, please accept my apologies. We do our best to make sure that guests have a pleasant and relaxing stay with us, and I regret that such was not the case for you. I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience.

Reviewed 16 October 2013

I was put into a special one bedroom cottage for my Birthday. This place was great. It was like my own private house at the beach. I only had to walk across the road for my early morning walk on the beach, & yet I had all the privacy that I needed for some quiet rest. I laid out in my own private patio & read & listened to music. I had access to the pool or hot-tub when I wanted. I could cook my on meal if I wanted, but didn't, & had my king size bed in the bedroom, plus a living room with an extra TV.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 October 2013

The hotel was right across from the beach and access was super easy. The rooms were clean and comfortable and breakfast was really good, but be sure to get tickets for everyday that you are there! The kitchen staff were superb and handeled a busy saturday crowd with professionalism and patience

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends