“A Great place to stay at Myrtle Beach”

Best Western Plus Grand Strand Inn & Suites
Ranked #16 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Sevierville, United States
“A Great place to stay at Myrtle Beach”
Reviewed 26 April 2014

This was my first time to stay at this Best Western Hotel and it was great. It was located very close to everything we wanted to do. The staff went above and beyond what was expected to make our stay enjoyable.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (283)
  • Turkish first
Rock Hill, South Carolina
Reviewed 25 April 2014

This is my second stay at the Grand Strand. We came down for Spring Break and the prices at this hotel, you could not beat. First, I would like to say, Myrtle Beach is a vacation spot where families visit often. I could not believe that a child that is over 12 years of age is considered an adult and you have to pay an extra $10 a night. Almost all hotel states that children under the age of 17 are free with a paying adult. I was very disappointed. The front desk attendant Scott was very nice and friendly. When we checked into our room, we found the room was not cleaned. The refrigerator had soda bottles, the bathroom sink had not been clean and hair was left behind, and one of the TV's was not working. I immediately reported it to Scott and he had it handled in less than 5 minutes. They offered to reclean the room but we had done so already (we always clean and wipe down the room wherever we stay). The next day, the manager, Amanda, had called and left a voicemail apologizes about the room not being cleaned and left a gift basket with goodies. I was really impressed. I saw Amanda on another day and she then again apologized. Other than that, the rooms are very nice. Having children staying, it is convenient to have a stove to cook on. We used the indoor and outdoor pools. The breakfast is more than continential and was very good. My only recommendation is that they expand the area. Since it's so small, please allow people to take food back to their rooms. If not, you can get a standing room only. The beds slept really good. Even though I had these minor issues, I will come back and recommend others to stay as well.

1 Thank Tamara68
Jordan, United States
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Exceeded expectations. Best Quality for the price. Found this property on the internet. Did not have a chance to try the pool but looked clean and inviting. Loved being on the first floor and parking right outside the door. The staff were so friendly and helpful they made us feel right at home. This experience helped me decide to sign up for the rewards program. There was no ice in the ice machine. Your beginning to win me over from being a loyal Marriott customer for years

1 Thank Marilyn C
United States
Reviewed 23 April 2014

My husband, the kids and I stayed here three nights and was happy with the quality and services rendered. Housekeeping was very helpful at making sure your stay was comfortable. Breakfast was better than I anticipated. Biscuits melted in your mouth and potatoes were very good. Location is great. Parking was good was because our room was on the opposite side of the beach. Even though we did not get in the water due to it being cold and raining but it was nice to watch others get in and play. Will stay again and would recommend to others. Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Jeffersonville, United States
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Room excellent, Staff excellent, breakfast was great, we across the street from the beach but with the public access along the grand strand it was close enough it only took a couple minutes different to be right on the beach, our room you could see the ocean!! even though it was listed as a non-oceanview!! Nice bonus. Great pool & wave pool.

Grovetown, United States
Reviewed 21 April 2014

After searching for a good hotel in the Myrtle Beach area, I arrived at a crossroads between the Sheraton Convention Center and the Best Western Plus hotel. The Best Western Plus provided a great value in comparison to my other options so I decided to stay there. I do not regret my decision at all, the hotel was outstanding in all categories.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

Pineville, North Carolina
Reviewed 17 April 2014

I traveled from Charlotte area to myrtle beach. I arrived about 30 minutes prior to check in time. Not a problem. They told me the room may or may not be ready yet, but it was and set me right up. We stayed on the 2nd floor in a room with 2 queen beds in 2 rooms. The room was clean, the bathroom was a little small, but nice & clean. The staff was very helpful & friendly, maintenance, housekeeping, front desk, everyone who worked there if it was directions, advice on local attractions, where to get ice cream at 9pm.. they knew. Breakfast was really good, but you're unable to bring it back to your room.(the hot buffet items, but they do offer a prepacked breakfast to go of cold items) I understand the reasoning, but seeing how the breakfast area does not accommodate the volume, there should be something they can do. I would definitely stay there again and look forward to our next trip.

Room Tip: The room we stayed in was perfect. We had two entrances into our room I could sit on my bed at nigh...