“Great stay, nice place”

Best Western Plus Grand Strand Inn & Suites
Ranked #20 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 19 June 2014

We stayed at the Best western Plus Grand Stand Inn & Suite, Myrtle Beach, for 3 days in late May, 2014.

The room we had was a ground level beach front room with kitchen. The room was very clean and well maintained. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was wonderful with good variety for the 3 days we were there.
All in all we had a wonderful time and would highly recommend this property for a very reasonable beach front room in the area!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 16 June 2014

We had a very nice time at the Best Western Plus Grand Strand Inn in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. The staff was very helpful. We enjoyed our stay very much and would diffinetly recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

We had booked this reservation back in Jan and stayed the last day of May. I was at first upset bc the travel website said I would not be charged until I stayed and that was not true as I found when I got my credit card bill. That being said the hotel apologized and said they unfortunately cannot control when these sites give bad info. I decided to give them the benefit of the doubt and kept my reservation. Let me start by saying I worked in the hotel industry for 7 years; I hate staying in hotels so when I have too which is rare I tend to be overly critical. We traveled to MB at night time and our toddler had a VERY bad car ride only sleeping an hour. We when got to MB very early in the morning we had a very cranky toddler. I went to the hotel at 7 am (yes very early to check in time I know) and was told by a very helpful and understanding front desk clerk by the name of Linda that if i could come back around 11 she would make sure there was a room ready for us. I usually don't ask for early check ins bc I know how hard they are on the staff; but w a very tired toddler I felt I had no choice. The room was ready when they said and this same clerk was so very helpful w getting me checked in quickly and getting us to our room. As a parent it was so nice to have someone go the extra mile for your toddler just because. It was truly a gesture I will always remember. Besides all that I found that although the section we said in was the older section that it had been completely updated and was extremely clean!! The complimentary breakfast was large with so much variety too. We typically stay in a timeshare but we came in a day b4 we could get it...If I didn't have a timeshare I would definitely consider staying here all week.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank AbbyandCalliesmom
Jack R, Owner at Best Western Plus Grand Strand Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2014

I thank you for taking the time to share your experience, and I am so glad it worked out the way it did. As something of an industry expert, your comments mean a lot to us. Just as important, though, a parent who also is such a discerning consumer is a perceptive and therefore helpful contributor to on-line discussions such as this one. Your compliments of course are appreciated, but your satisfaction means much more. We hope we figure in your future travel plans and wish you a safe and happy summer.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

Stayed for three nights in late May. our room had a microwave, sink and full fridge was clean. We had a safe. Bathroom was small but very clean. The grounds were well kept. I enjoyed the hot tub. The breakfast was very good. The owner and staff provide very good service. This hotel has rooms on the ocean and rooms across the street from the ocean with limited views. The hotel is in a good location. A good choice

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Richard D
Reviewed 12 June 2014

We stayed here in order to tour nearby colleges. The hotel was spotlessly clean and the beds were comfortable. The staff are very caring and courteous, and the breakfast was very good. We were in the main building which was across Ocean Blvd. from the beach, but an easy 200 yard walk. No complaints, and the price was definitely right for our 2 room apartment.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Gregory C. R
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Great stay at Best Western Plus Grand Strand Inn & Suites. Very convenient to have kitchen in room. Beach is across the street but accessible and very close. Breakfast was great and nice add on. Staff was also very nice as well.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 June 2014

We have stayed at the BW Grand Strand on several occasions. The location and service are excellent. You are right on the Beach and yet right on Ocean Blvd all within walking distance to Myrtle Beach activities.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple