“Love this hotel!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Pittsburgh
“Love this hotel!”
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

The rooms are a bit small but overall compared to other hotels in the area it's totally worth not having the extra space. The employees are so nice and helpful. The hotel is extremely clean and quiet. I will be returning to this hotel my next vacation...overall it's just awesome!

• Stayed August 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (283)
  • Turkish first
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Decided to stay at this location based on reviews from trip advisor. Ocean Front bldg, 5th floor 2 Queen beds, didn't get corner room as requested but it worked out ok. Indoor pool & hot tub were clean and comfortable temp, nice to use at end of long day. Room was clean, Kitchenette in room was nice (was supposed to be set up for service for 4, but many of items there were only 3 of but didn't complain since we had 3 in our party and but there was no dish soap), full size fridge w/ ice maker. Wireless router in room, so had no problems with wi-fi. Only room complaint was that the air conditioner was right next to bed and blew cold air directly on me all night, tried everything to prevent it but no avail, just bad room set up. Bathroom is very small and no place to put things in tub. they were remodeling some rooms while we were there, but couldn't hear any noise from it. Ocean bldg was very quite in general, never heard any of our neighbors at all. Key card access only- no issues with security, parking was sufficient at our bldg.
Short walk across street to Breakfast, area inside is very small and crowded, with some addtl seating outside, if you got there before 830 it wasn't a problem. Hot Breakfast was average. Carryout breakfast consisted of small bottle of water, granola bar, danish and choice of apple or banana, not much but good enough. They do charge an additional $5 cash key deposit which wasn't noted anywhere, but was returned on check out. Most of the staff was wonderful, one of the front desk clerks was unfriendly/not very knowledgeable of area, but would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: If staying in ocean front definitely recommend 4th floor or higher so you can see ocean over sand du...
Green Features: They did offer a recycle bin in the room, although I didn't see a recycle bin on maid's cart so I question if they really recycle. The room was motion sensor monitored so when returned from being gone all day, AC had shut off and it was a bit stuffy, but it cooled off quickly.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Thumper_pls
Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

My family just spent 4 nights here and truly loved the beachfront. Initially concerned about walking to main building for breakfast but that proved to be easy. The rooms were kind of small to have a kitchenette and it came with bare essentials only. We had to leave a day early due to a death in the family and they graciously refunded a nights stay. The staff were all helpful and extremely accommodating. If we did come back to myrtle Beach we would stay here again. Not impressed at ALL with the city.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dresser, Wisconsin
Reviewed 19 June 2014

We stayed at the Best western Plus Grand Stand Inn & Suite, Myrtle Beach, for 3 days in late May, 2014.

The room we had was a ground level beach front room with kitchen. The room was very clean and well maintained. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was wonderful with good variety for the 3 days we were there.
All in all we had a wonderful time and would highly recommend this property for a very reasonable beach front room in the area!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Davenport, United States
Reviewed 16 June 2014

We had a very nice time at the Best Western Plus Grand Strand Inn in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. The staff was very helpful. We enjoyed our stay very much and would diffinetly recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

We had booked this reservation back in Jan and stayed the last day of May. I was at first upset bc the travel website said I would not be charged until I stayed and that was not true as I found when I got my credit card bill. That being said the hotel apologized and said they unfortunately cannot control when these sites give bad info. I decided to give them the benefit of the doubt and kept my reservation. Let me start by saying I worked in the hotel industry for 7 years; I hate staying in hotels so when I have too which is rare I tend to be overly critical. We traveled to MB at night time and our toddler had a VERY bad car ride only sleeping an hour. We when got to MB very early in the morning we had a very cranky toddler. I went to the hotel at 7 am (yes very early to check in time I know) and was told by a very helpful and understanding front desk clerk by the name of Linda that if i could come back around 11 she would make sure there was a room ready for us. I usually don't ask for early check ins bc I know how hard they are on the staff; but w a very tired toddler I felt I had no choice. The room was ready when they said and this same clerk was so very helpful w getting me checked in quickly and getting us to our room. As a parent it was so nice to have someone go the extra mile for your toddler just because. It was truly a gesture I will always remember. Besides all that I found that although the section we said in was the older section that it had been completely updated and was extremely clean!! The complimentary breakfast was large with so much variety too. We typically stay in a timeshare but we came in a day b4 we could get it...If I didn't have a timeshare I would definitely consider staying here all week.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank AbbyandCalliesmom
Jack R, Owner at Best Western Plus Grand Strand Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 14 June 2014
I thank you for taking the time to share your experience, and I am so glad it worked out the way it did. As something of an industry expert, your comments mean a lot to us. Just as important, though, a parent who also is such a discerning consumer is a perceptive and therefore helpful contributor to on-line discussions such as this one. Your compliments of course are appreciated, but your satisfaction means much more. We hope we figure in your future travel plans and wish you a safe and happy summer.
New Bern, North Carolina
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Stayed for three nights in late May. our room had a microwave, sink and full fridge was clean. We had a safe. Bathroom was small but very clean. The grounds were well kept. I enjoyed the hot tub. The breakfast was very good. The owner and staff provide very good service. This hotel has rooms on the ocean and rooms across the street from the ocean with limited views. The hotel is in a good location. A good choice

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple