“Not as Bad as The Negatives”

BEST WESTERN PLUS Grand Strand Inn & Suites
Ranked #15 of 207 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Not as Bad as The Negatives”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

Booked this location last minute with some apprehension due to the nature of some of the negative feed-backs, but discovered not all of it was warranted. Granted the room was absolutely not properly cleaned with cereal, pieces of food and even toys still on the floor; and bed sheets with strange black makings (possibly make-up), but other than that I found the location quite comfortable and staff member Blake very kind helpful and professional. Would stay again. properly cleaned

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (276)
  • Turkish first
Charlotte
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

Unbelievable hotel...great staff who checked us in fast! We stayed in a king mini suite and it reminded me of a room on a cruise!! The quality of the towels and linens amazed me (nicer than what I have in my own home..lol) We were completely blown away and never wanted to leave the room!! The breakfast was incredible...homemade belgian waffles!!! This hotel ruined us for any other hotels at the beach...we cannot wait to go back there!!!! Sincerely, Julia/Rock Hill, SC

Green Features: Very clean hotel....the towels were great quality (pleasantly surprised)
Dahlonega
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

We were very close to the ocean, but also had access to two hot tubs, and two swimming pools. This was the reason we were in Myrtle Beach. We wanted to swim and enjoy the Ocean. The Hotel Staff were very professional and lots of fun. The breakfast was worth getting up early for, food was great and staff was friendly. Sink in room was very high. Needed a stool to reach sink to wash face and brush teeth. Over 5'6" no problem.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Jack R, Owner at BEST WESTERN PLUS Grand Strand Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Thanks for taking the time to share your experience--and thanks for staying with us. We are so glad you availed yourself of our easy beach access, our greatest natural asset. Thanks, too, for the kind words about our breakfast service; we do try to make it worth getting up for! Sorry for your personal inconvenience, but thanks for your pleasant attitude about it. I'm sure your comments will prove as useful to others as they have to us. When you publicize your comments, it helps us to improve, which is precisely what we always are working to do. Hope to someday welcome you back.
Florida, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

Reviews in Trip Advisor helped me in my selection of Best Western Grand Strand and I found my stay to be quite enjoyable. Room had 3 double beds in two rooms, small kitchen area, and short walk across the street to the beach was not bad since there is a cross walk right there. I had a problem with my toilet not flushing, but maintenance was right there and after some work found a previous guest had flushed down a bar of soap which caused a flushing issue--maintenance fixed this right away and cleaned up after wards. Good buffet breakfast with variety and some changes from day to day.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

I want to thank you for your direct and honest words regarding your stay with us. When you "tell it like it is," others benefit. As to the issue you encountered--there's no preventing the unexpected, and my staff and I could never be happy with an issue in one of our rooms, but we are proud of our around-the-clock readiness to deal with anything. Your comfort is our only goal and we are ready at all times to do whatever we can to provide for it. Like everyone, we're on the learning curve--and striving to provide a superior stay for our guests. You are helping us to improve, and keep on improving. Have a wonderful summer, and thanks again.
Laurinburg, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

At my request due to health issues asked to be placed on ground floor or 2nd floor if no elevator so I didn't have to climb stairs. We were placed in a nice, but very small, room on the ground floor next to the laundry/maintenance room. First night was fine. Friday night had to call office due to door slamming in the laundry. Saturday 6:15am door slamming began again. Complained at check out and mgr was very arrogant and basically said it was my fault for asking to be on the ground floor. I didn't ask to be placed by the laundry.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Jack R, Owner at BEST WESTERN PLUS Grand Strand Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
I apologize if somehow I managed to convey to you any message besides that which my staff and I hold closest and most dear: There is nothing we wouldn't do to provide for the comfort of our guests, and nothing we would intentionally do to cause them discomfort. Your peace and quiet are important to us, and I am disappointed that you were disappointed. Also, please know we are taking steps to make certain this truly unusual event becomes, in the future, an impossible event. I sincerely hope for another opportunity to provide to you a superior hospitality experience. That is our mission and our goal.
Pittsburgh
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

The rooms are a bit small but overall compared to other hotels in the area it's totally worth not having the extra space. The employees are so nice and helpful. The hotel is extremely clean and quiet. I will be returning to this hotel my next vacation...overall it's just awesome!

• Stayed August 2013
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

Decided to stay at this location based on reviews from trip advisor. Ocean Front bldg, 5th floor 2 Queen beds, didn't get corner room as requested but it worked out ok. Indoor pool & hot tub were clean and comfortable temp, nice to use at end of long day. Room was clean, Kitchenette in room was nice (was supposed to be set up for service for 4, but many of items there were only 3 of but didn't complain since we had 3 in our party and but there was no dish soap), full size fridge w/ ice maker. Wireless router in room, so had no problems with wi-fi. Only room complaint was that the air conditioner was right next to bed and blew cold air directly on me all night, tried everything to prevent it but no avail, just bad room set up. Bathroom is very small and no place to put things in tub. they were remodeling some rooms while we were there, but couldn't hear any noise from it. Ocean bldg was very quite in general, never heard any of our neighbors at all. Key card access only- no issues with security, parking was sufficient at our bldg.
Short walk across street to Breakfast, area inside is very small and crowded, with some addtl seating outside, if you got there before 830 it wasn't a problem. Hot Breakfast was average. Carryout breakfast consisted of small bottle of water, granola bar, danish and choice of apple or banana, not much but good enough. They do charge an additional $5 cash key deposit which wasn't noted anywhere, but was returned on check out. Most of the staff was wonderful, one of the front desk clerks was unfriendly/not very knowledgeable of area, but would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: If staying in ocean front definitely recommend 4th floor or higher so you can see ocean over sand du...