“good value” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #12 of 207 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
“good value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

Myrtle Beach is one high rise hotel after another. This low rise building is across the street from the ocean, but has access by their ocean front building. The difference in the nightly rate more than compensates for a short walk.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (273)
  • Turkish first
Buckner, Kentucky
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

Very good value (we booked last minute and still got a great deal online--booked directly through hotel website and got best price), staff very friendly and helpful, great breakfast (wish it was served until 10!!! Would be SO helpful with kids :) ) location good, older property, but kept up nicely--I'm a clean freak and it wasn't EXACTLY up to my standards, but not bad (floor left kids feet black which bothered me and I definitely would not have let my baby sit on it). The housekeeping staff was very friendly and did work hard, I think it's just hard to keep it as clean as i would like, I brought my own lysol wipes as I usually do and did some touch ups :) We stayed in a king suite which had a kitchen, bedroom, small sitting area--was a little cramped and very narrow, but not too bad for our family of 4 (2 adults, 1 toddler, 1 baby). The indoor pool was very nice, outdoor pool also nice and warm (not too warm, but was nice for kids not to freeze in water), the lazy river is very small, but perfect for kids. Was nice to have the free wifi--parking was limited, only 1 night did we have an issue and had to park all the way on the other side, but every other night we were able to park OK. Short walk across the street to the beach. Next time, would definitley want to stay ocean front, but wasn't available since we booked so late. Thanks BW for a great stay!

Room Tip: We stayed in 1226 & 1228 which were not oceanfront, but side by side King Suites. Was nice if tr...
1 Thank LauraEH
Jack R, Owner at BEST WESTERN PLUS Grand Strand Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Thank you for your comments, which I'm sure will be helpful to others as they navigate their way to Myrtle Beach--and, hopefully, to us! We try very hard to make our property a place worth coming to, and returning to, and use valuable descriptive input such as yours to drive our on-going efforts. I truly mean it when I say our goal is to be the best in the area, and we are further motivated by your posting. My staff and I hope you have a wonderful summer!
michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

reasonable, clean and perfect for my needs. It is close to the noisy end of the strip so if you are a light sleeper bring earplugs, it was loud. Breakfast was great, lots of choices, they even gave me a to-go bag for my son who slept in.

Eastlake, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

This is not a typical type of hotel we normally stay at, however we needed a place just for a night till our rental was available. That being said, this place was great! We had a room that had a bedroom with 2 beds a kitchenette and another bed in main room. We could see the ocean, which was great. Yes, it is a little dated, however, it was CLEAN!! I saw workers constantly cleaning up areas, washing windows and our room was clean except for the stove which I wasn't using so I didn't care. The men who checked us in were so extremely nice wish I remembered their names) and I don't know how they do it, but they remember their guests. Breakfast was small but all 4 of my kids had stuff they liked which is a rare occasion, the French toast sticks are a great idea not many places have this and lets face it, its a kid favorite. I would recommend putting bacon on the bar and having the muffins with nuts on a separate tray due to allergies. My daughter couldn't eat any of those, however i'm sure if I had asked, they would have gotten one for her. Check out was great, we returned our key cards to get our deposit back and asked how to use the area without one until we left, they made us a new card just for the amenitie areas. All in all, it was a perfect start to our family vacation. I think it was a little overpriced just because it needs updated. We will stay again.

Room Tip: Room 1103 was a corner, quiet and can see the ocean. Any of this building can see ocean.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

Family of four stayed here for 3 nights a few days ago. We had an ocean front room on the first floor. The view was fabulous and we were just a few steps from the beach. The room was well maintained and clean. We had plenty of towels and used the fully stocked kitchenette. We loved that the room had a sitting area with a queen size sleeper sofa and its own TV. An internal door separated it from the kitchen and main bedroom. We were able to put the kids to bed and then watch our own shows and sit on the patio with rocking chairs without disturbing them. We also spent a good deal of time at the pool and lazy river which was also clean and well maintained. Big thanks to Ika, from housekeeping, for creating the super fun towel animals/people. The kids got such a kick out of that and took a bunch of pictures with them! If we return to the area, we will definitely stay here again.

Green Features: There were recycling bins in the room which we used.
Maryland, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

The Best Western Plus Grand Strand Inn & Suites Oceanfront is the place to stay. This is our home away from home. Great Customer Service, food, accommodations, location! Overall atmosphere is beautiful. I want to thank the owner and staff you're the best!

1 Thank Johnny F
United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

the staff was super friendly and helpful, the location is right next to the beach. the breakfast spread was the best I have ever had at any hotel before, huge selection of things. my only complaint is that the rooms were a bit small with loud plumbing whenever any of the rooms around us would use the water, plus the tv only had few channels. it seemed a bit pricey for the size of the room and lack of cable, plus had no microwave and a tiny fridge. but I do feel like the breakfast made it more worth the price.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Jack R, Owner at BEST WESTERN PLUS Grand Strand Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 29 June 2014
Thanks for the positives about my staff and our breakfast service. Just want you to know we have many different types of rooms at our property, of varying size, set-up, and design; a good many have full efficiency kitchens. Should you consider staying with us again, and I hope you do, let us know what you need so we provide it for you, match you up with it. We want you to be happy, of course, and to know what you're getting--and I thank you for the reminder that getting better and doing better go hand in hand. We want all our guests to be satisfied--with breakfast, and beyond! Enjoy your summer!