“What a GREAT experience”

Best Western Plus Grand Strand Inn & Suites
Ranked #20 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 14 June 2010

When we selected to stay at the Best Western, we expected to stay in a middle of the road Hotel as it relates to quality. When we arrived in our room (third floor ocean front - King Suite), we were surprised of how modern and clean the room was as well as the facility. The staff was very professional and courteous and the breakfast was more than we bargained for. The pool and lazy river were clean and well maintained. This was an absolute good expereince for for my wife and I, as well as our three family members who stayed in another room.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with friends

Reviewed 11 June 2010

Just returned from a very short trip to M.Beach and stayed at Best Western at the recommendation of a good family friend. The hotel itself is nice and clean. Decor is up to date, and bathroom, while small was nice, CLEAN and had decent water pressure. Outdoor pool was maybe a little on the small side, but never felt crowded and stayed clean. The lazy river was enjoyable for all ages...not too fast, not too slow.

Upon checking in and getting settled in our room, a member of the hotel staff arrived to ask if we needed anything. She was very polite and especially kind to our young children who bombarded her with beach and pool related questions. She even went so far as to make them a towel 'puppy.'

The person assisting guests during the free breakfast was also enjoyable and very helpful. She was willing to do anything or get anything to make your breakfast more enjoyable, as well as willing to answer any questions one might have regarding the area.

We returned as the housekeeper was finishing with our room. Yet again, another helpful staff member. Not only was the room clean, but she was quick and very personable.

Things that might interest travelers. The main hotel is located across the street from the oceanfront side. The main hotel is located on the main 'strip', so it can get a little loud at night as traffic increases. Makes for very fun people watching, but the noise might bother others. I didn't have a problem with it and actually slept just fine. Also, at the time that I stayed (I stayed at the main hotel) the lot directly across from me was vacant, so I actually could see the beach over S. Ocean Blvd easily from my balcony.

Only 'complaint' would be that my hotel key did not work at the oceanfront motel for the indoor pool. Not a big deal as we were there for such a short time, I actually didn't have time to ask about it before checking out, and then I managed to forget when I left. Can you imagine I would forget something like traveling with three young children?

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 June 2010

the place was very nice , great staff, clean room, the pool was very clean, the continental breakfast was well above standards, cant wait to go back

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 May 2010

I first stayed here last May in 2009, non-oceanfront. I booked again in May 2010, ocean-front. I cannot say enough wonderful things about the cleanliness, maintenance of the property, amenities, facilities, pools, and most of all the excellent service from the caring staff! I have spent my entire life working in the hospitality, travel, and tourism industry. I have managed hotels that have an excess of one-thousand rooms and worked as a Flight Attendant for years before hotel management. I have a trained eye to spot anything that may be a red flag or not within standards of excellence. I am extremely happy to report that this hotel has everything and more going for it. The value is superb and you will be pleased whether you choose oceanfront or non-oceanfront. This property has raised the bar for the competition. They were very accommodating when I wanted to sleep late and have housekeeping come in the afternoon. Someone was too rough with one of the buttons in the elevator dislodging it, my next trip down the elevator it was repaired promptly and professionally. I have nothing but positive praises for the management and staff! Thank you all so very much for impressions of excellence and memories that will last a lifetime. You have nailed the concept of creating moments of magic for your guests! A+++++++++

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 May 2010

I can't say enough good things about this particular hotel and it's staff. My wife and I along with my 5 year old son we're treated like royalty from the moment we got their to the time we left. I honestly have never met a more pleasant and helpful staff. Even the maintenance man who was doing something in the vacinity of where we were offered to help us with our luggage as we struggling with it on the way to our room.

As for the hotel and amenities they were all of the highest calibre. The room itself was emmaculate, spacous and had an absolute incredible view of the ocean. It was our anniversary so that view certainly helped make it special. The building we stayed in is great because no matter what room it is they all are ocean front. You can't beat it. My 5 year old also loved the lazy river that runs along side of the hotel's pool. I think we spent about an hour and a half in it...Poor ole dad had to take a long nap afterwords.

And last but not least...the price!!! For the money it's by a loooooong shot the absolute best value in all of Myrtle Beach.

So bottom line is that if you're looking for the best value in beautiful Myrtle Beach make sure you at least give this hotel a call. You'll be glad you did!!!! Thanks from Chris86 :)

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 May 2010

We stayed at this hotel on our way to Wilmington after travelling around the Carolinas for 16 days. The location is excellent and staff very helpful. Unfortunately we chose to stay in a ground floor room and were given one right next to the stairs and ice machine. The room was quite noisy as people were going up and down the stairs all the time and using the ice machine. Of course this was our fault and we should have asked for a room on a different level.
Also, the bed was damp. It seems the sheets were put on the bed whilst still damp and not completely dry. The breakfast was fine and the woman in charge of the breakfast area was extremely helpful.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 May 2010

First time visiting myrtle beach and I must say I am pleasantly surprised because with the low price we were charged, we received an above average room. We took the evening to walk north about 2 miles on the "strip" to see what kinds of things we could find. There were some hotels that looked run down, beat up, dirty, nothing that I would ever consider staying at.... the thing is, with what we paid for this room, i thought we would get something like that..... Oh how i was wrong, the amount of hotel (quality, etc.) that we received here, for the price paid, about 228$ for 3 nights, was outstanding!!! I would definitely recommend staying here if youre looking to save some money yet stay somewhere clean and comfy.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple