“Worst hotel ever!”

Ranked #189 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Savannah
“Worst hotel ever!”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Made reservation online because it advertised itself as a golf and beach resort at an ok price. The pictures looked really nice- if they were of this hotel, they were taken at least 30 years ago. When we got there, the rooms were run down and dirty. We tried 2 different rooms before getting a full refund! Do not stay here!

• Stayed July 2014
3 Thank Unhappyvisito

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
Reviewed 20 July 2014

DOORS HAD SO MUCH GAP AROUND THE OUTSIDE YOU COULD LITERLY LOOK INTO OUR ROOM. We never took our shoes off because the rug was disgusting. Everything about this place was nasty except the people that worked there. They were very friendly but wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone. Thank God we were only booked for one night. The best part of this stay was that it made the condo we had rented for the week look like a millionaires estate.

Room Tip: don't stay there !!!!!!!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Myrtle Beach hotels

Newark, Delaware
Reviewed 20 July 2014

So from July 15-18th, I stayed at this hotel with my family. After reading all the reviews about the hotel, I was definitely a little worried. When I got there and checked in the young woman at guest services made me feel very welcomed and was extremely polite, however the girl that checked me out was nasty to everyone. Once in the room it did look a little outdated but there were no issues to complain about. It was clean, bedding was good, the tub did drain a little slow but that's about it. Everything was near by and convenient. The pools weren't too bad. Yes this hotel could use a little fixing up but overall my stay was great. I do suggest that they remove certain people from their staffing team. 25% of the staff had attitudes and looked liked they hated their job. They don't need to be there.

3 Thank E T
China Grove, North Carolina
Reviewed 20 July 2014

This is a motel for people who are concerned with cleanliness, what I mean by that is , the property isn't clean, the pools aren't clean, the rooms aren't clean, sheets and towels (if you can get any) Expect a lengthy wait to get checked in, poor parking . Probably was a decent place 30 years ago, window a/c , poorly stocked effeciency, tub drained very slowly, floor covering missing at front door, outlet cover missing on light switch exposed live conductor(glad I had no kids ) This is more a senior week/spring break kind of place for guys who just need somewhere to crash. I was at the beach to attend a wedding and play some golf, I had other family members and friends who were staying at other hotels, I would intentionally offer to come to their place , just so they wouldn't see the condition of the Polynesian Resort (???).

2 Thank TJ28023
Winston Salem, North Carolina
Reviewed 16 July 2014

After I checked out I realized that I had left my cell phone charger plugged in. I was told that housekeeping did not find it, I went back to the room and it had been cleaned but not occupied yet. My cell phone charger was gone. The only people who had access to my room were employees. I will not go back to a place where the staff takes things.

Clinton, South Carolina
Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

Arrived early but was told I couldn't get into my room til 3pm. Then at 3 I had to wait in line for an hour even tho I had already paid for the room in full! Carpet was filthy and smelled. When they cleaned my room they left the door open. Had to ask for tp and took my own garbage off.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Jdills38
Reviewed 10 July 2014

I don't even know where to begin. The staff at check in seemed untrained and came across very unprofessional; very bothered to have to do their job. We checked into room 325 and the horror began. Once we opened the door, we had to step over dirty, wet towels, trash, and a used, disposable razor. Oh, and there was a random vacuum cleaner. Once inside, my wife and son wanted to clean up as they had played in the ocean waiting for our room. The toilet bowel had fecal stains all around it. The ceiling in the bathroom was covered...and I mean COVERED in mold; as well as the molding between the bathtub and door. We trotted down to the front desk where I was met with a "what do you want me to do about" attitude. He said there were no rooms available and for us to return the next day to see if he could switch us rooms. This was unacceptable, so I asked if there was a corporate number for me to contact, at which point he asked me to hold on and he walked in the back. He returned with different room keys for a different room. The new room was cleaner, but still moldy in the bathroom and the sheets looked and smelled like they've never been washed. We had no wash clothes and only two towels. There was a broken lightbulb in the floor. Yes, this room had an oven for cooking, but the knobs were so worn you had to guess as to what setting you were placing it on. I went to the front desk on two occasions to request additional towels and wash clothes and I never received any. Upon checkout, a very unprofessional staff member broke out into a monologue of how horrible her life is and how she's just trying to feed her kids when another guest just requested a manager. As a member of the military I have stayed in some pretty dirty and smelly places in the world, but this hotel was not even comparable to military barracks in Iraq. Lastly, you have to compete with visiting non-guests for parking.

• Stayed July 2014