“Worst place ever”

Polynesian Beach & Golf Resort
Ranked #191 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed 26 August 2014

I did not have high expectations for the hotel since it was very cheap. However, I wasn't expecting the horrid environment I would be putting myself in. First, the hotel feels like a parking garage. the door to your room doesn't shut and lock properly, it took both of us to shut and lock when we were leaving the room. The toilet was not attached to the floor, and there was black mold on the bathroom, walls, and on the furniture. All of our clothes smelled like mold from it. The carpet had the most awful stains. And to top it all of it was roach infested. When we notified the front desk, they acted like it was no big deal. Witnessed drug deals in the parking lot and other guests had their phones and other items stolen. Spend the extra money and stay somewhere else. It's the worst place I have ever stayed. And there is nowhere to golf, and they claim they are a "golf resort" don't stay there!!!!

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank B_renee125
There are newer reviews for Polynesian Beach & Golf Resort

Reviewed 23 August 2014

This hotel had me in tears, never in my life have I been so disgusted. The pictures from the hotel were not accurate to the room we stayed in, the staff was very unfriendly and the overall atmosphere was terrible. We checked in and had to call the manager 3 times to get a maintenance worker and housekeeping. We found ashes and cigarette butts on the balcony as well as half eaten chicken bones, there were pieces of hotdog under the stove and piles of dirt in the corners of the room. We also found a used wash cloth inside the closet and there were footprints on the wall in the bedroom. The man who "cleaned" the room was wearing shorts down to his ankle and his boxers were sticking out. I would not recommend this hotel to my worst enemy. Totally ruined our trip.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Hotel_Critic97
Reviewed 17 August 2014

We stayed here to two nights. We booked before reading the reviews and once I did read them I dreaded the trip. It wasn't as bad as some people said, but it could stand a lot of improvements. First the parking is bad, it's hard to find a space. The room needed to be cleaner, and the air conditioner barely kept the room cool. The elevators smelled like a port-a-john, and in general the place is just run down. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank stardust r
Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

So we checked in today. Guest services was friendly and helpful. Our room wasn't hard to find and yes the parking is limited but that is the case a lot of the time here in Myrtle. I was scared to death to open the door to my room cause of all the horrible reviews. We are staying in 207 ocean front. Yes the room is out of date and there are no modern tv's or furniture. But the room is very very clean. All lights and appliances work and has WiFi. I searched high and low for any sign of mold or rust as everyone has stated in previous comments. Well we've been here all day and evening and I've found none. The bathroom is stocked and has towels. The pillows aren't great, but I travel with mine and blankets. I don't see anything wrong here. I will def come back.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank LJ M
Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

Was moved from Ocean Plaza to Polyenisian due to the fact that Ocean Plaza overbooked us even though we had a reservation and made a dwposir.Polynesian charged us the same price (120 a night) which is overpriced for this hotel. It is roach infested, floors are coming up, smelled like mildew, and the air conditioner made noises to where no one could sleep. I e-mailed to see if they would say sorry orwe will try and fx those issues but reciebed nothing Very Poor Customer Service. Will never settle for this hotel even if it was the last option. Dissatisfied customer and will take my money and business elsewhere.

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Kevany A
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Checked in, went to the room and checked out. Was so bad we refused to stay there. Graffiti everywhere. Garbage stacked everywhere. Poor security. Had to pay to cancel reservation. Large gaps under the doors for mosquitos or who knows what else to come in.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank joycecat2014
Reviewed 1 August 2014

So to start, I read the previous reviews and figured a cheep week in Myrtle Beach would be worth it. Not the case as I am learning.

As I walked in their were pieces of cooked chicken on the floor, and one of the beds was half made and missing a pillow. I found more remnants of past guest I unpacked in the form of bottle caps and glow wrist bands.

Half of the rooms power outlets and light fixtures did not work, which I have never encountered before. It seems that this hotel has suffered major hurricane damage because a thick coat of rust can be found on the lamps.

The bathroom has mold, and their were hairs in the sink since we are being nit picky.

And the beds! In all seriousness be careful, I took a seat on the end of one of the beds and the entire thing almost flipped over on top of me.

By far one of the worst places I have ever had the displeasure to stay at, and I have slept in some real dumps in my travels. I made an account just so I could review this dump.

Room Tip: Stay away from this place.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends