“Would recommend”

Polynesian Beach & Golf Resort
Ranked #186 of 207 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
“Would recommend”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2005

This hotel is a 2 star hotel not 5. But for the money it was great we stayed a week and upon our arrival wanted to upgrade our room the front desk said this was possible and then upgraded our room for FREE. Any mess in the hall came from guests staying in the hotel but was quickly cleaned up the next morning and I found maintenance to be top notch also we have one problem with a toilet in our room and maintenance was called and had the problem fixed in 20 minutes. Housekeeping was great !

I can't stress enough that this is a great place for the money!! don't expect everything to be perfect but definately great for Senior week or for a quick getaway

• Stayed June 2005

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2005

One word, well actually two...THE POLYNESIAN!!!!
What a blast, stayed there from the 6th thru the 13th for senior week, needless to say, there were plenty of seniors there. When we got there, the hallways were a bit lacking in cleanliness, mainly due to the partying that went on the night before, but the rooms were great. No problems at all with any of the appliances in the room, plus, it was clean. Room 204, good view, not too high and not too low really, and it's occeanfront. Can't beat the prices either. I'd recommend stayin here anytime, we already have plans for coming back next year!!...BTW, if anyone reads this that stayed there the same week i did, you probably met me...MIKE JONES, not my real name, but thats what everyone knew me as...so feel free to email me if you were there and remember me...castle_67@excite.com

• Stayed June 2005
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2005

Where to begin. First of all I booked this hotel via internet. And when I happened to stumble on these reviews, read some of them, I was, to say the least, afraid to come down at all. But I did anyway, and to my surprise, I found a clean hotel, old but clean, nice room, very confortable. And the pools were very clean too. Ok, the corridors needed some attention, but well. And the staff was always eager to please me the minute I asked for something. More than that, 3 days after my arrival, I had a call from the managment telling me they were having a bunch of students coming down for the weekend and that would be very noisy. So they offered me to move next door at the Ocean Plaza, oceanfront room, with no extra cost. Nothing to say against this hotel either. And by the way, I never saw a single tail of a bug which I was afraid to, reading some of the reviews. In my opinion, some people complain because they wouldn't be happy anywhere else anyhow. And they don't know what is a dirty hotel.

• Stayed May 2005
5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2005

I stayed there for bike week and was greeted by 100's of bed bugs when I was sleeping. I went to the front desk to request another room and they told me they could not help me out. So, they had maintenance come to my room and spray bug spray on my bed. NASTY. For a 400$ dollar room and no money back. This place should be torn down by the Orkin Man. I would never recommend this place to any body. Trust me.... you may have a bug on your face when you wake up.

• Stayed May 2003
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Travellers are raving about these Myrtle Beach hotels

Princeton
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2005

April2-8..Started out at the Bahama Motel which was very clean and due to some type of booking problem , we ended up at The Polynesian. The hallway needed some work but the rooms were very clean and comfortable. Maid service was friendly, helpful, and efficient. Hotel desk staff was helpful and efficient. Nice stay-would go back..

3 Thank kaitland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2005

No problems what-so-ever! In reading some of the negative posts, I'd bet they were from kids that got busted for losing control. Only issues I had was the bath-towels were a little small and the bed were a little hard.
But for an ocean-front room w/ mini-kitchen...the value was well-worth it!
I'd stay here again no problems!!!

• Stayed April 2005
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2005

I recently came across this site, i just wanted to warn others about staying here!!! This is a flith bag!!! The cabinets were pulling apart from the ceiling, the microwave looked like it was from 1978 and full of rust. You had to be careful with the toilet because when you sat on it, it would rock from left to right. The water would leak from the bottom too!! The towels were nasty, had to use my own. All in all it was flithy and i would not recommend anyone to stay here. Pay a little more money and go somewhere else.

• Stayed September 2003