“Pig pin”

Ranked #114 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Forest City, North Carolina
“Pig pin”
Reviewed 17 September 2013

NASTY,SMELLED TERRIBLE. Tried to get help with NO LUCK. room was DAMP the whole time.
Was blamed for this Walls and doors need painting BAD. Beds stayed damp. WOULD NOT SEND MY WORST ENEMY TO THIS PLACE. NEEDS CLOSED

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
Rockville, Indiana
Reviewed 17 September 2013

This is our third stay at Sandcastle South and we have enjoyed them all. Check in is quick. We arrived late afternoon on a Sunday and were greeted, registered and in our room in less than 15 minutes. From check-in to check-out the staff was always friendly and helpful. The room was clean and appeared to have been recently redecorated. The kitchen was well stocked with dishes and cookware and all the appliances were clean and in working order. Housekeeping visited our room daily and provided fresh towels, made the beds and did general cleaning. The large flatscreen TV in the living room was a welcome addition from our last visit. There were several other guests on our floor but never were we bothered by noise, music or banging doors. This is an older building, but is well kept and clean. Looking forward to our next stay.

Room Tip: Rooms on the upper floors and toward the center of the building have the best views of the ocean, ho...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Robert S, Manager at Sandcastle South Beach Resort, responded to this review, 6 October 2013
Leelnlndy-Thank you for the taking the time to comment on our resort. I am very glad that you enjoyed your stay. We strive for customer satisfaction, and we appreciate your kind words. We look forward to seeing you back here.
Summerville, South Carolina
Reviewed 13 September 2013

My husband and I normally stay at more expensive hotels, but we took a last minute trip on a budget. What a surprise! From the moment we walked in the staff had on a smile. We genuinely felt like they cared and wanted our stay to be great. The room was perfect...clean, spacious, and the sound of the ocean all night made me sleep like a baby. It was cool outside and the pool was warm and relaxing. We were so impressed that we checked out larger rooms so we can take the whole family. They have rooms with a separate bedroom for parents, and sleeper couches and/or a murphy bed for the children. All right on the beach. All within anyones budget. What an awesome beach resort.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MBrigman
Columbia
Reviewed 12 September 2013

We stayed at the Sandcastle September 7,2013 and loved it! The room was clean, the appliances were new and the hotel is located right on the ocean. The pool, lazy river and Jacuzzis were all very clean and we loved the poolside bar. The staff was friendly and professional and the room was ready when we got there. To top it off my boyfriend accidentally left his wallet in the room and housekeeping found it and kept it safe for us. We spend a lot of time in Myrtle Beach and will definitely be staying at the Sandcastle South Beach again!

Room Tip: 719 was great!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank erinmehera
New York City, New York
Reviewed 4 September 2013

From check-in to check-out my week stay at Sandcastle South Beach was perfect. I arrived late called to let them know and there was no problem. I immediately got a choice of which floor i wanted to be on (all rooms are ocean front!), The second day my tv remote stopped working. (I happened to have AA batteries so I changed them thinking that would fix the issue) when this didnt work I called the front desk and they sent up hotel staff with a new remote. (which did not work as well). So the maintenance tech left and came right back with a BRAND NEW FLATSCREEN!!! He took it out of the box programmed it and all was well. The pools and jacuzzi were very refreshing after my morning walks along the shoreline. The housekeeping staff prompt, courteous and did a great job. I would just like to say thanks to the front desk staff. Jay for making my checkin easy, thanks to Fatima for working on my laptop so I could get to the wifi on my laptop, and thanks to Ms Mary for the late night chats about her almost 30 years working there and interesting history of Myrtle Beach.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Loduok
North Carolina
Reviewed 2 September 2013

I usually spend days researchig hotels on this site for my family's vacations. But, we decided to take a last minute trip to Myrtle Beach and I found most hotels were booked up. Sandcastle was the only hotel with oceanfront rooms in my budget. So, I took a chance.
The front desk person was friendly, but completely overwhelmed by the amount of people checking in and the phone constantly ringing. Why would the hotel only have one person working the front desk on a Friday night?
The room was, at best, average. There were rusty spots on the fridge, probably due to the humidity. The inside of the fridge was clean at least. The microwave had seen better days. The walls were in desperate need of painting. The furniture was worn and marked or scratched.
The grounds were okay. The pool area was okay. Don't waste your time at the breakfast buffet.
The housekeeping was good. They were always prompt at cleaning our room and restocking towels.
I would not recommend this hotel to a friend, because I know that there are far better hotels in Myrtle Beach for about the same price.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank travlnmom
Marietta, Georgia
Reviewed 19 August 2013

Okay, I've been to the Sandcastle now..what...4 or 5 times. Why, not because it's the greatest hotel ever, but because it has all I need, at a decent price and every room is on the ocean front. (Although, I must say this trip was a bit higher than I expected, but it was middle of the summer). At any rate, the rooms are relatively clean, if I have a problem they respond quickly, the front desk personnel are pleasant and there is easy access to the beach, which is what I go there for anyway. I went with my adult son and my grand son and we had a blast boogie boarding. Looking for a family friendly hotel where the kids can have fun check it out. Looking for romance.., with a lot of bells and whistles...not.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family