We stayed here over the 4th of July weekend, if you ever get the chance to watch fireworks at the beach I highly recommend it.
We checked in on Sat June 28th. Apparently the timeshare floors had been over booked and someone else was given the room we were supposed to have on our reservation. The front desk was very helpful and got us another room, telling us it was the only one they had.
We were given a room at the end on the 5th floor. I'm not a horribly emotional person, but I seriously cried once my husband left the room.
I then spent the next 2.5 hrs cleaning the room with Lysol wipes, it was completely disgusting. Which is funny since Quashawda left a tip envelope for housekeeping and there was a sign saying there would be a $50 charge for unwashed dishes. I fully expected to rewash dishes anyway, but what I found was just over the top. The pots still had food in them along with plastic silverware and plastic bags. The dish drainer had grease stuck to it and was filthy.
The one remote control had no back on it and the other was just missing, which I can understand as people will steal anything not bolted down it seems. The murphy bed was half made and had garbage behind it.
I finally went to the front desk with dirty dishes in hand, they apologized and agreed that was just gross.
They then asked if I wanted a different room to which I said YES PLEASE.
The next room was in better condition, but was certainly by no means clean. It was missing the remotes and the dvd player so I let the front desk know. On the second day I went down and asked for the remotes again and a dvd player. The older gal (super nice) told maintenance via walkie-talkie and he said he would get them up to us, but they had no dvd players as they had all been taken.
On day three I talked to the older gal (still sweet as pie) and she walkied to Dennis that were STILL waiting on remotes, with in 15 mins he was knocking on our door with them. My husband mentioned no dvd player he said he would look, shortly there after he came back with one. Thank you Dennis, you're awesome.
The stove top burners had only two that worked (only on high), one actually fell off and was completely disconnected when cleaning.
But the view was breathtaking.
The parking deck is very narrow and it is difficult for a full sized truck to move about so we parked on the top deck to ensure room to get out. There was a dirty diaper, several beer cans, and a pile of human feces in the doorway of the stairwell. This was Sat evening, the following Sat morning when we left it was STILL there.
There were no pool attendants to correct unruly children (or adults for that matter). There was broken glass around the pool along with left over food and trash. We actually saw people coming in from the street to play in the pool. I was approached in the parking lot at night by a young 20 something girl that had no idea where she was and only knew her hotel "was pink". This could have been a dangerous situation.
My husband likes to sit on the balcony early and watch all of the activities. He watched while the resort on either side cleaned up their properties and pool. The groundskeeper at our resort walked over to the loungers and moved one, he then proceeded to kick the red solo cup under the chair and one onto the adjoining property. My husband actually came into the room laughing as he could hardly believe what he really just witnessed.
The elevators were also a treat. We found it easier and safer to just take the stairs. The one elevator would take us up one floor and open and close repeatedly on each floor although we were the only ones there. Sadly on the 4th, when the elevators are at a prime the one died completely. We heard the front desk begging for a company to come out and fix it.
On day two of being there I called Jud Southerland the General Manager to let him know how disappointed I was by the dirty conditions and what we had experienced up to that point. I called several times and left a message. A day or so later I sadly missed the call (cell sevice is terrible in the block building) so I called him right back. I ultimately left two more messages on top of several calls that were not answered, needless to say I never got a call back.
On our floor the cleaning gal made sure we had clean towels everyday. Anytime I needed anything she made sure to find it, as our iron was missing as well. She always had a smile on her face every time I saw her.
Overall the price wasn't too bad, the front desk was nice and helpful, the grounds were semi cleaned, once cleaned properly the room was adequate.
The view however is amazing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sandcastle South Beach is located in Myrtle Beach South Carolina. Accommodations to please everyone will entice you to stay longer. Pools, jacuzzi, whirlpools, kiddie pool, and endless river ride offer a wide variety of water sports. Our Sandcastle South Restaurant, Oceans 22 Lounge, and seasonal poolside cabana bar will help to make your vacation a memorable experience. Sun bathe on the oceanfront lawn. Leave your footprints in our sand! Wake to the sound of gentle breezes and breathtaking waves, see the reflection of the sunrise dancing on the blue water. The view from your balcony will take your breath away. Enjoy it all with us. The place to be. The place to come back to. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Sandcastle South Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandcastle South Beach Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Sandcastle Hotel Myrtle Beach