“Decent enough”

Ranked #117 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
new york
“Decent enough”
Reviewed 16 August 2014

We stayed there last weekend and had a great time. Parking was easy and secure. The room was ok. The property could updated . The front desk staff was nice enough. One of our highlights was the Inexpensive buffet breakfast we ate everyday. The view of the ocean was fabulous. The restaurant staff was attentive and very friendly. It was fun to go there every morning, They remembered our names. hope to see you in the fall

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Jud S, General Manager at Sandcastle South Beach Resort, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Thank you for your review. I am sorry we did not meet your expectations. Your comments are important and we are working hard to improve our service and facilities. Please contact me if I may be of service.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
Myrtle Beacj, SC
Reviewed 14 August 2014

I was put in a room on the top floor with a King bed. I had requested 2 Queens so I had to move. Thank Goodness!! The first room was disgusting! Stains all over the bedding. Run down and smelly! The second room wasn't too much better. Very old and tired hotel. Dirty with an odd smell. Would NOT stay here again!

• Stayed August 2014
Thank you for your review of the Sandcastle South. I am truly sorry to read about your experience with the hotel. I would like to speak with you about this matter. Please feel free to contact me. I look forward to speaking with you.

Travellers are raving about these Myrtle Beach hotels

Southeast, Michigan
Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

Booked directly from their website.... I had issues before I even arrived at the resort. They took my deposit but never seen that my room was already paid for, so they called me for "proof" that I actually paid for it. How does a resort not know that they already received deposit money?

The Good:
Rooms.. All rooms are oceanfront so without a doubt, you have an excellent view of the beach.
Online packages.. I got a deal for 30% off and received free attraction passes and unlimited dvd rentals for my entire stay. Good way to save money.

The bad: (where do I begin?)
I was on the 3rd floor, which is a floor right next to the parking structure. I had no signal on my cell phone whatsoever until I walked out on the balcony. I asked one of the guys at the front desk about being moved to another floor, and he told me to try asking the following morning. I never had my room changed.

The room.. I had an oceanfront suite with 2 queen beds, kitchenette, and living area. Very outdated. The mattresses were old, hard, and stained. One bed had stained sheets. The tv's were so old, the speakers had so much static and the picture would not stay clear for a long time. The walls had food stains and hand prints all over them. The wall bed in the living was extremely dirty.. I was happy that nobody needed to sleep on that bed. The couch had peeling leather and was extremely worn out. The balcony door had a wasps nest at the top. The bathtub felt as if it was going to cave into the next floor while I showered. My sister had a room that was on the 15th floor that was a tad bit cleaner than mines, but also had no shower head.

There were huge roaches running around the halls, which are outside because the parking structure is connected to the building's first 4 floors. Luckily I didnt have any bug issues inside of my room.
The halls are dirty and some floors have a very bad odor.
I also came across roaches in the outdoor pool and lazy river.

I did not have a quiet or comfortable stay because I was next to the parking structure, but I do appreciate the friendly service from the housekeepers and the smell of the breakfast buffet I woke up to every morning. I wouldn't visit this hotel again unless they did some major cleaning and major renovating.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank TravelWithJazz_
Thank you for taking the time and reviewing our resort. We take all guests comments and are applying them to improve the resort. Please feel free to contact me about any of your concerns. I'm looking forward to hearing from you.
Surrey, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

Ok it's on the beach, we paid $250 per room per night which would get you a pretty swish room in London or NYC easily. Mrytle Beach is neither London or NYC, more of an English equivalent of Scarborough.

• Stayed July 2014
Southbourne, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

My friends and I made our first visit to Myrtle Beach and stayed at this hotel, but we were very disappointed.
First things first: the price! For 2 rooms, 4 people, 3 nights, we paid nearly $1500!! This is NOT a $250 a night hotel. On reflection we should have paid a quarter of that.
Given this amount, we expected so much more. The rooms were average at best; our bathroom had no shower curtain.
The general state of the hotel was fairly poor; the walls were dirty and the whole place was generally run down.
The pool was the same - didn't look remotely inviting.
To add insult to the injury of the price, breakfast (mediocre at best) wasn't even included in the price!!!
The gentleman on the front desk was hardly welcoming when I arrived, not a please nor a thank you, barely smiled.
Overall, I do NOT recommend this hotel. It's a 1 star resort charging 4 star prices. The only reason I don't give it 1 star, is because all the hotels in the area look similarly run down. Perhaps this is indicative of the area as a whole? If you do decide to go to Myrtle Beach, don't stay here.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank TotheMaximas
Smithfield, North Carolina
Reviewed 4 August 2014

The 1 bedroom unit (room 619) was very run down. For the amount of money that we paid I was expecting a nicer unit. The bathroom fan made horrible noises and would quit working. It was very annoying. The balcony door would get stuck and we had to lift up on it to open or close it.
The kitchen is in need of updating. The bathroom mirror was very damaged and in serious need of replacement. The TV in the living room was a very OLD model however the one in the bedroom was a flat screen. The steps leading to the parking deck had loose carpet and I reported it as a safety hazard to the man who was cleaning windows and it was not fixed while I was there. However the entertainment was enjoyable. I especially liked the man who sang and also played party music. The pool is small and the lazy river did not have enough tubes for the amount of guest at the hotel. The view was spectacular!! Don't waste your money on this overpriced hotel. From the pictures on website I was expecting something a lot nicer.

Room Tip: I did not see the executive suites that had been remodeled but the front desk said they were the &qu...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank Joan P
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

Better than the Sandcastle at North beach. We spent 1 night in North beach and the room/ hotel doesn't compare to the space and cleanliness of the Sandcastle at South Beach. My family stayed at the Sandcastle Southbeach from Sunday to Tuesday the week of July 27. Our room was conveniently located by the elevators and steps away from the parking garage. Our room smelled fresh, was cool and very clean. I checked the sheets & bedspread and there were no stains and they smelled fresh. The bathroom was clean as well. We had a kitchenette and a full size refrigerator. We had a great view of the beach! They have 2 pools, a lazy river that flows inside and out, about 4 hot tubs and the serve grilled food and alcohol during lunch time in the pool areas. The lazy river was nice, however, people were in there without tubs playing in the water taking away from the relaxing experience.

Stayed July 2014