“The perfect little get away :)”

Sandcastle South Beach Resort
Ranked #104 of 207 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Blacksburg, Virginia
“The perfect little get away :)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2010

I can not say enough good things about this stay! My boyfriend and traveled to Myrtle Beach for a 3 day weekend for his birthday/our anniversary. I researched countless hotels and visited every site on the web in search of the perfect place...nice clean hotel, pools, beach front, good rates, location, AND friendly staff. Well, I definitely found it!! We had a fantastic time. the room was so spacious for just the two of us, the bed was so comfy, the balcony overlooking the ocean was romantic, and the pool/lazy river was the perfect added touch to our already fantastic stay. The hotel was so close to shopping/restaurants! We will definitely be returning and can't wait!! For these rates, it simply doesn't get any better. Thank you Sandcastle South Beach!!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
Wheeling, West Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2010

we had a very nice time and stay. we encountered a small problem and they took care of it to our satisfaction. And the staff is helpful and courteous.

Parkersburg, West Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2010

I made my reservations on line. When I upgraded my room, I wasn't sure I had done it right. I called and they said "not to worry, they could take care of it" They did. Our room was clean, plenty of lounge chairs for sunbathing, lazy river for young kids, fast check and out. Cant say enough! The entire staff was friendly and helpful. i could only say if you stay somewhere else you would be making a big mistake! Planning on going back next year

Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
cleversole
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2010

After reading some of the negative reviews, I began to be concerned about issues we had never experienced at Sandcastle, but we booked anyway because it has always been a great place for us. After arriving, I realized nothing had changed....the bad reviews were not the least bit accurate. The staff was as friendly and efficient as they have always been, from Brandon at the front desk, to Julio in maintenance and the young lady that cleaned our room (Marie or Maria?). We had asked for a high floor and got the 14th floor.....WHAT A VIEW! The rooms are absolutely clean and the carpeting in our room looked fairly new. If not, it has been very well maintained. We visit Myrtle Beach two times a year and always stay at Sandcastle South because of the staff, the location, the rooms and the value for your money. The quality this time was exactly as it has been every time we have visited. This is still the best place to stay on the south end of the beach. I would HIGHLY recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Myrtle Beach.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2010

We stayed at the Sandcastle South Beach Resort the weekend after Labor Day. Our room was an efficiency.

We arrived late in the evening on a night the hotel was at full capacity, and we still found a parking spot easily. The deck is 4 or 5 stories. Parking is not a problem.

The rooms are older but clean and nice enough, especially for under $100 a night. We had a small kitchenette with a stove, oven, microwave, and full-sized fridge. It was nice to be able to buy groceries and eat in. All the dishes, pots, and pans are included. My only complaint was that there was a sign that said something about a $50 fine if you don't wash the dishes. It wasn't that I minded washing them, but rather that I don't trust that the guests before us washed to my satisfaction, so everything we used had to be washed twice--before and after use. Not a big deal though, just a minor annoyance.

The beds were comfortable-nothing fancy, but got the job done. We had a nice ocean-view balcony with chairs and a small table.

The room was sufficient for us, but I would not recommend having more than two people in the efficiency. The kitchenette is right in the doorway and across from the bathroom. There are larger rooms for not much additional cost, so if it's a family trip, do yourself a favor and book the larger room, but if it's just a couple or two friends, you can do the efficiency.

The best features of the hotel were the indoor and outdoor pools and jacuzzis, the lazy river, and the close proximity to the beach. The grounds were well-maintained and the pools were clean. You can't beat the convenience of being able to walk straight out of the hotel onto the beach, either.

This obviously isn't a 5-star hotel. It is a great value for the money. If you spend a lot of time in your room at the beach, this might not be the place for you, but if you want a beachfront room at a decent hotel for under $100 a night, the Sandcastle will meet your expectations.

Hillsville, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2010

Had a wonderful stay at this Resort Hotel. Loved the Tikki Bar at the pool! Had a great time in the lazy river with the kids. No waiting for anything. Very effecient staff and courteous. Rooms were clean and the air conditioner worked well.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
Newport, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2010

I have to say I really had a great experience during my stay. They first put us on the 11th floor and I really wanted on a lower floor. All I had to do tell them and NO PROBLEM!!! The lady that was working the front desk was so nice and helpful. The room was CLEAN and well made. I really look forward to going back there. I would highly recommend this to anyone.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends