“nice people nice place”
Review of Wave Rider Resort

Wave Rider Resort
Ranked #147 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed 19 July 2012

Honestly the people that worked at the Wave Rider where very nice. The owner Greg was really cool heck he helped us out several times there during our stay. The pool was nice lazy river was warm and the baby pool was cool. Also good location. Its not that far from the "strip" where everything is located its within walking distance. Overall good price good quality.

Room Tip: idk bottom floor easier outside/pool acess but second and third floor better view.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
pgw9393, Manager at Wave Rider Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2012

Austin T we are so glad that you had such a good time here at the Wave Rider! I enjoyed speaking with you and your friend each day. My staff all work very hard to ensure that our guests have the best vacation experience possible. Thank you for taking the time to post such a wonderful review and we look forward to having you back with us again.

Reviewed 18 July 2012

I stayed at the wave rider for my first time last week. I had high expectations because of the great reviews and beautiful pictures I saw online. When we arrived, we were immediately disappointed. The rooms do not look as nice as they do online. We had to go through two different rooms to finally find one that was decent. Both rooms were missing the lock on the balcony, so we didn't feel safe. The hallways of the "resort" smelled dirty and musty. The beds were extremely hard. The pool was nice, although it looks NOTHING like what it does in the pictures online. Housekeeping barged in our room atleast three times without knocking. All they do is empty the trash and give you new towels. They don't change your sheets or vacuum, etc. The continental breakfast consisted of frozen Eggo Waffles that you can heat up, a box of donuts, and cereal. I tried to bring my waffle up to the room and the guy at the front desk rudely yelled at me and told me I had to eat it down in the lobby. I said I would be right back so I could tell my boyfriend that I couldn't eat in the room, and in the short time I was gone, the guy from the front desk threw my food away..... I don't understand why he would rather waste food than just let me eat it where I want? The only good parts of my stay were there were no bugs, the two pools and lazy river were pretty cool (other than the fact they had so much sand in them), and the fact that it was right across the street from the pool. If you are content staying in small, cheap, one-star places this might be the hotel for you. Personally, I prefer a more modern and clean room.

Room Tip: Make sure that the room has locks on the balcony.....
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Julia S

Thank you for taking the time to review the Wave Rider Resort. I'm glad that you enjoyed parts of your stay with us. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed all of our pools. The photos of our pools were taken during this past winter; I’m not sure why they would look any differently online as they do at the Resort. I personally took the photos and updated our website so I know that what is shown online is what we have available for our guests. I would like to explain that housekeeping is not to blame for the towel and sheet distribution. I do apologize if they barged in on you during your stay, I will speak with them regarding your comments. We are attempting to adhere to a "Go Green" agenda this summer. As such we refresh all towels and wash cloths every day and change linens every third day. For those guests who want daily sheet changes, we ask that they let the front desk know and we are happy to have our housekeeping staff change them. Also, please note that all of our units here are individually owned and we are working continuously with our homeowners to update their units. Any time you have a problem or complaint we encourage you to let us know so that we can do everything in our power to correct the situation.

We added the continental breakfast a couple of years ago, Even though most smaller resorts such as ours do not offer any type of free breakfast, we felt it was necessary to help better satisfy our guests needs. We offer two types of cereal, a variety of doughnuts, eggo waffles, toast, and a variety of oatmeal. An assortment of jellies, milk, orange juice, and coffee is also available each morning during the months of May through September.

I apologize if you felt my staff was rude by asking you not to take food back to your room. It is posted not less than three times in our breakfast area that guests are not to take food back to their rooms. I’m sure that my staff did not yell at you, more than likely they approached you as you were leaving the breakfast area and politely reminded you not to take food to your room. The reason for us not allowing food to be taken back to the rooms, is that some guests will take advantage of the free breakfast and take plates of food back to their room so they can eat off of the items the entire day.

Again, thank you for your review and I hope you will come to see us again.

Reviewed 17 July 2012

We LOVE the Wave Rider! Wouldnt stay anywhere else. We book every year and simply look forward to the next! EVERYONE has always been friendly to us and treated us like family! The rooms are perfect, clean and just what you need for a week at the beach! I have brought family with us and now they return each year as well. The rooms are just steps from the pool and the location is perfect!! We have been home for 2 weeks and cant wait to get back...actually we just booked for December! Its a great place to stay!

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank rkylesr

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and for your patronage in the past. My staff and I are always happy to see you and your family each year and we look forward to seeing you again in December. Hope you enjoyed the flounder you caught with Capt. Phil while you were vacationing with us. Maybe next time I can join you.

Thanks Greg

Reviewed 13 July 2012

I will never forget my stay at the Wave Rider Resort. This is a very good motel in Myrtle Beach with the Best Service. It’s not expensive (I daresay a cheap one), but you will enjoy it like it was an expensive one. Everyone is so very friendly and they are absolutely the best. Everyone from Front Desk to Bell hop made our stay so enjoyable. The room is so very clean and very quite and the beds are sooooo comfy. This is a great hotel.

Reviewed 12 July 2012

I think my title says it all. It's the only hotel for me in Myrtle Beach now, and I've tried plenty! From the housekeeping staff to the front desk - all is A+. The location, cleanliness & friendliness can't be beat - and of course the hotel itself is beautiful. Good beds - sound sleep! Stay there - you won't regret it!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Zelenkin D
Reviewed 12 July 2012

Me and my boyfriend came to stay to this really nice resort last week. we stayed there for 5 days and when the time was for us to leave, we have decided to stay 3 more days. the service was great, all the people there are very nice and helpfull.we really enjoyed our time there, cant wait to go back next year!!!!

Reviewed 11 July 2012

My problems started right from the beginning. When I made the reservations I was told that I would receive the confirmation by mail in about a week. It had been two weeks and I still didn't received it so I called back. They were rude and told me that I had not made the deposit. I had to get a bank statement to prove that I did make the deposit. I asked them to email the confirmation at that point. During our stay my husband killed a roach in the kitchen, the ceiling over the shower had water damage and was falling apart, the staff was rude to my children because they only had their swim trunks on as they went to breakfast room and then to top it all off I realized that they had charged me $10 more than my confirmation balance. When I asked for the refund they told me that the confirmation was wrong and they didn't owe me anything. I know that it wasn't much money but isn't that what the confirmation is for? Take my advice and stay away!!!!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank chasity b
pgw9393, Manager at Wave Rider Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2012

I am so sorry to hear that you were not pleased with your stay at the Wave Rider. We work very hard to provide each guest with the best possible vacation. To answer a couple of your issues, we frequently receive reservations off of our online reservation system where guests do not provide their credit card information for us to run their card. We attempt to contact each of these guests via the email address they provided on the online form they filled out. According to what I was told, you had changed your original reservation dates by adding a weekend night and subtracting a weekday night. As a result the weekend rate is $10 dollars higher than what the weekday rate. The confirmation that you brought in was your original one we sent you with your old reservation dates on it.

You never mentioned to us about seeing a roach in the room nor were we made aware of any problems with the ceiling over the shower. If we were made aware, we would have gladly worked to resolve the problem. We have our rooms professionally sprayed each month for roaches and in the event that a room needs extra attention they are very speedy in coming back out to spray again.

We must insist on children not wearing wet bathing suites into our office or breakfast areas. Since these areas are completely tiled, it creates a slip hazard for any other guests who may walk over the wet floor where the bathing suites have dripped.

I was also made aware that during your stay, you had come by our convenience store to pick up some items that you needed, since you did not have any money on you at the time we allowed you to take the items with a promise that you would return to pay. At your departure we asked for the balance of the items you had picked up and you refused to pay for them.