“DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL!” 1 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Wave Rider Resort
Ranked #151 of 207 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Columbia
“DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

This by far is the worst hotel I have ever stayed in my life. We paid 75 a night. It was worth maybe 20 dollars a night. The Elevator was broken. The business office was being worked on... well that's what I was told but never saw anybody doing any work on the computer. The only way to get Wi FI was the "lobby" which is the car port outside of the hotel.I had to take a test for my online school and had to sit out in the hot sun for two hours to complete the test. The room was was dirty and smelly. The sheets were clean but all the padding and the under the bed was dirty. Did not see any bed bugs but was itching all night long. The pool was dirty. The place was just trashy. The front desk people dont arrive until like 9 am or 10am and they leave at 9pm. no phones in the room. We stayed two days and room was never serviced the ac was the old school kind you put in the window and it was leaking and it was not cold. They called it a resort....I could go on and on. This hotel needs to be shut down!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Karlosse J

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

We recently stayed for Mustang Week. Initially our reservations were messed up an they refused us our money back. Upon check in the parking lot is not well lite an there was a panhandler waiting on us to exit our car, the hotel broken an discarded furniture was very visible from the parking lot (tossed in the street). The room had black mold on top the fridgerator as well as between the mattress an box spring. No outlets in the bathroom an the one in the kitchenette kept sparking an blowing the breaker, the handle on the balcony sliding door was broken an loose, no shower curtain in the bathroom, no blankets an worst of all COCKROACHES!! Yes, COCKROACHES!! I will never stay here again an will never recommend anyone I know to stay here or will I recommend booking.com.

Stayed July 2014
3 Thank Stephanie L

Travellers are raving about these Myrtle Beach hotels

Columbus, OH
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

As a couple on our first vacation we were looking for a good price. But you get what you pay for! My boyfriend booked the room before reading reviews (I will be booking further vacations-lol). After reading the reviews we had no idea what we would walk into. We booked thru booking.com/MBRooms for Rent. The room was just not something I would call even a motel. No phone, dirty dishes, no alarm clock, roaches were there but luckily only saw one outside and one in the room out last night. We did not sleep on the stained sheets or use the stained towels. For what we got $100+ a night, was not what we should have spent. The ONLY good thing is that the beach is right across the street. The room was just dated and dirty, but we had a place to stay so I guess we can't be too ungrateful. We were required to take our own trash out to a cart in the back... Weird. Hotel cleaning services in every hotel I have ever stayed in have "cleaned the room" after your stay. Basically the room looked exactly like we walked into because I can now guess that they have you do these things so they don't have to. If you are on a budget, just look elsewhere. It's not worth the bugs and dirty rooms.

• Stayed July 2014
      Location
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Buckeyes614740
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

We rented our room from the Wave Rider/ Myrtle Beach rooms for rent. Our stay was at the Palace and the room was terrible. The description said the kitchen was equipped to serve four people and fully equipped. There were barely enough dishes for two people and the can opener was broken. I called the desk at the Wave Rider but they weren't very concerned. They did finally have someone bring another can opener but it was broken as well. The room was very outdated and could use a deep cleaning. We will never stay here again.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Stacy G
Lexington, South Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

Asked to speak with manger he would not speak with me my stay was to be Monday through Thursday had to leave my vacation early because temperature out side was in the high 90's air conditioner not work. Room was very dirty had food in microwave and dry food on dishes toilet was broken toilet paper roll was dirty . Had to keep shoes on at all times are floors would turn feet black. Try to get staff to come up to room to see the issues however the only thing they did was send a child who was rude up to room hours late with a fan . When I seem the bugs I couldn't stay any longer the owners NEED to get new staff and a manager that cares.Will not ever book. A room online again . Please run from this place it looks nothing like the pictures

Room Tip: Run away from this place as fast as you can
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
3 Thank Brenda M
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

A friend and I stayed a couple weeks ago and we loved our experience!! The room was clean and nice and the staff was very friendly. The room was exactly like we wanted and the best thing was is was right near the ocean! Will definitely stay again!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LP1432014
Cincinnati
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

Stayed for a few days with my kids on our first vacation. The room seemed better than the exterior. The elevator didn't work and the key was straight out of the 50s. We spent as little time as possible there since the tv was snowy, the beds were rock hard, and the bathroom was very dirty (light bulbs out, water damaged sinks and cabinet that the clean towels were placed in). Considering how much I paid online, I was very disappointed. We made do by spending all of our time away. On our third day, 3 out of 4 of us were exhibiting strange clusters/lines of bug bites all over our bodies. We immediately checked out for fear all we brought with us was infested. The amount of effort I went through to make sure everything that entered my house back home was washed in HOT water or simply thrown out was not worth the money and the stress I'm still dealing with. If I find I brought the infestation home, I will be revising my review with an update.

• Stayed June 2014