“horrible place...”

Wave Rider Resort
Ranked #142 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
“horrible place...”
Reviewed 17 July 2005

the wave rider resort in myrtle beach is the worst place i have ever stayed in...the place was filthy, most of the appliances didn't work and when we asked for something to be fixed it took forever...my family had 4 rooms and all were bad..the air conditioning was hot..one room had no hot water, the sliding glass doors were hard to open, in one room the door would stick so if there was an emergency the occupants in that room would have a hard time getting out..the management team was horrible, we were given the run around when we asked to talk to the owner, we were told so many different stories about who actually owned the place that we still don't know who does...the management staff were also rude and uncooperative...i could go on and on about how bad this place is but i think i'll stop here cause if i describe the way the place looked when we checked in (the toilet in one room was dirty) i'll get sick.....

• Stayed July 2005
9 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Reviewed 23 June 2005

I just returned home from staying at the waverider Resort. I was really nervous about what I would find when I arrived. When we arrived we were completely happy with the Resort. It was clean. Traveling with an Infant I was worried about the rooms cleaniness, with my daughter crawling around. I was very pleased that our room was clean. I read a complaint on one of the other reviews about the traffic and crossing the street. We didn't have a problem with crossing the street, because you have access to the bridge that crosses the street at the hotel next door. so an elevator ride up and down you were at the beach. We enjoyed the pool and lazy river more than anything else in myrtle beach. I would recommend this resort to all my family and friends.

• Stayed June 2005
8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 3 February 2005

My family usually goes to MB every summer for at least one week.
Over the last ten years, we have never stayed any where else but at
The Wave Rider. We have taken friends of our children and others to this location several times. The rooms were always clean, amd the management was always very helpful.
My sons are now adults and I make reservations for one of them almost every summer at the Wave Rider. The pools are well kept, and great if you have small children. My adult children also enjoy the pools. If you don't want to spend a day on the beach, you can always relax by the pool or or their lazy river. (Which is lots of fun for younger children) The beach is just across the street from the room without paying a higher price for being on the beach. I have met some very nice families over the last ten years at this resort. Hope to be there again this summer.

5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 6 July 2004

For what you pay, you cannot beat this location. The rooms were clean and the daily maid service was great. The rooms included a full size refrigerator, microwave and stove. They have a large outdoor pool, an indoor pool, two kiddie pools and a lazy river ride. If you are looking for a five star resort, this hotel might not be for you. But if you are looking for a clean, affordable, family-atmosphere location, the Wave Rider Resort is for you and your family. I would definately stay here again.

7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 14 January 2004

I have stayed here at least 10 times or more,and I make it my number one place to stay in Myrtle Beach if I can get a room. This place has the best parking lot for guest that I have ever stayed. It is so easy to get in and out of the property and their are no other motels on either side of you. It is operated by The Palace Hotel which is across the street and ocean front. The Landmark Hotel is next door to the Place. The Wave Rider is about 400 feet from the ocean. Cross the Blvd and walk down through the parking lot between the Palace and the Landmark and right on to the beach. The Wave Rider has a 75ft pool, a small lazy river pool but very nice. It has a nice little wading pool about a foot deep for the little tots. It has a nice large indoor pool also. The 75ft outdoor pool also has a large deck and plenty of reclining chairs for sunbathing. It is within walking distance of the K & W Cafeteria if your not lazy. The Wave Rider is one of the most reasonable motels and is in one of the nicest sections of South Ocean Blvd. in Myrtle Beach. It is not congested in this area of South Ocean Blvd. The Staff and service have always been great to us. Hope to get there 2 times this year. If you would like to know more just send me an E-mail.

10 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 17 July 2003

The Family and I went to Myrtle Beach 7-8-03 - 7-16-03. The room was very clean upon our arrival and we had maid service everyday. The staff was very nice and always helpful. The children loved the lazy river. We have no complaints and will probably stay there the next time we go to MB.

7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 4 May 2003

The WAVERIDER Is so much fun. Close to everything and my kids loved it . They have 3 pools and one is made just for the little ones , maybe a ft deep. We have stayed there 3 times and never had a problem. Just plain out the best hotel for a little bit of money! We enjoyed it so much that we refuse to stay any where but there. Well I hope that I have madeyour mind want to stay there and give it a try! Have fun and God bless!

15 Thank A TripAdvisor Member