“It depends on what you're looking for.....”
Review of Mariner Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Mariner Motel
Ranked #171 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed 26 April 2012

I stayed with Avi and his staff in March and we are going back in June. I always staying across the road in an ocean front condo where the help walked in on me (with a do not disturb sign on the door ON MY HONEYMOON) and I didn't go to the beach for years after because of the experience. We now have pets and I just can't imagine someone letting my dog loose at MB while I am showering or out eating. We found Avi at the Mariner and WHAT A BLESSING! They don't come in your room and clean and make beds but as a pet owner, I am glad! I don't want to take a chance on losing my dog! I don't want someone bothering me when I sleep in either! If I need anything, day or night, all I have to do is call the desk and it is provided. It has a very "home" feel to it because you are never disturbed and especially because you can bring your pets. It's a short trip across the road to the beach and everyone was extremely helpful and pleasant. We sat out on the bench in front of our room (where you can smoke) and socialized with many of the other guests. It's close to Outback, River City Cafe and a couple other bars/restaurants. All I can say for the people who complain about washing dishes and a small fridge for a MONTH is .......WHO STAYS AT THE BEACH FOR A MONTH????? If you want that convenience, then maybe you should expect to pay higher prices that what the Mariner provides. I think it is the best deal of ANY I have ever found....and I'm 40 years old. :) Please don't believe all the reviews you read. I almost cancelled my March trip because of complaints on here. I am so thankful that I didn't! I plan to see Avi several times a year from now on. I can't wait til June!!!! <3

Room Tip: They have several options and if you tell Avi what you want, he will do his very best to suit you!
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Jeannie W

Reviewed 17 April 2012

Had a 2 bedroom unit here for 3 nights at a time when the place was completely booked. But still nothing was too much trouble when our place lacked certain kitchen items. Loved the non-american feel of the place and privacy from the hustle of the beach nearby. As stated before if you are expecting 5 star then this isn't for you but if you want roomy, stripped down comfort and a big welcome for your dog then this is for you. Thank you Avi and staff.

Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank Heacham
Reviewed 28 January 2012

My family has been staying her for long periods of time over the past 2 years and I would recommend this quaint little place to anyone. The charm of this older rustic place has historical significance. Just ask the staff. Speaking of the staff, there could not be nicer people then them. Anytime I have every needed anything I was greeted with whatever you need. Cleaning supplies are available for use, such as brooms, mops, vacuum cleaner, Windex, toilet cleaner, rags, basically anything you need to clean. I don't blame the staff that they don't clean my room, I wouldn't want to clean a room with dogs in it either, dogs are territorial, and who wants to take the chance that your dog would bite the maid. I am quite capable of cleaning my own room. Towels are available anytime upon request (Just not only on Wednesdays). There are washer, dryers, and vending machines on premises.
Avi the manager has made several improvements over the years such as providing a fenced in dog park for our extended family members. Several rooms have had new carpet and paint. He is always willing to answer any of my concerns, and promptly. There is a maintenance man on duty 24/7 in case something needs to be fixed and is done quickly. Pest control is provided on a monthly basis, every third Thursday of the month like clock work. I have never seen a roach or bug in my unit. The walkways are kept clean, and trash removed daily.
There is a sweet atmosphere here. The walkways lined with bamboo, palm trees and other shrubbery. There are several siting areas, one with a waterfall and pond. There are 2 pools conveniently located, one in front, and one in back kept up daily, with lounge chairs for the sunbathers, and umbrella-ed tables for those needing shade. There is a area for grilling with enough picnic tables to accommodate a very large group. We have enjoyed many cookouts through the summer with over 30 people. There is a gas grill for the use of all guests.
I have meet several people that have come here every summer for many years and absolutely love this place and location. There are always those that no matter what you do will never be satisfied. Believe me I have meet them here! These are those type who want a five star hotel for the price the mariner offers. They are unrealistic people. They viewed the rooms, loved the property, and the price, they had a choice to not take the room, but did and then want to complain about it.
I would stay here rather then any other place on the beach. The price is excellent and so is the staff and other guest. There is a family vibe here. So if you are looking for affordability, comfort, pleasing atmosphere and good people, this is your place!

Room Tip: It depends on family size, all are good rooms. They are directly across from the beach, 100 yards or...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
7  Thank Kimberly G
Reviewed 28 December 2011

I have been staying at the Mariner since September! It is now late December and I won't be leaving till spring. This is my winter place from now on! The staff, Avi (manager) and his team, are always there to help. Rooms are clean and well kept! I love the quaint atmosphere. It's close to everything and you can listen to the waves crash as you fall asleep. With 2 pools and a beautiful sitting area with a small waterfall pond, this place is sure to make you feel at peace, which IS what vacation truly is all about. You won't find a better place on the beach! I will be back next winter!

• Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank CrystalBennett107
Reviewed 31 October 2011

This is a quaint hotel that reminds me of places in the 1950's. Having a big dog, it was hard to find a place to stay. It is an older hotel, but the owner is a delight. If you are looking for a 5 star place then this is not for you, but it is a great place for families and pets. We will stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 September 2011

I stayed here for the first time recently, and was a little disappointed based on what I'd heard of the Mariner. I can definitely see the potential of the place — it is a fantastic location (close to the beach and within walking distance of several good restaurants) and a great family-type place to stay. The cleanliness of the place left a lot to be desired, however. Rooms were not cleaned at all during the week (I guess you can ask them to clean it, but I don't want to have to request for my room to be cleaned when I'm on vacation). The property was picked up very well, either. There were always lots of items left laying around, and just a general lack of tidiness to the place. The pool wasn't cleaned very frequently from what I saw. There was a grill available for guests to use but it was filthy, and I didn't think I should have to clean it in order to cook. I really hope the management gets it together and gives this place the attention and TLC it deserves. I would certainly love to stay here again, but will not do so until some changes are made.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank lovetotravel2908
Reviewed 12 September 2011

We went here with our dog, its tough to find good places to stay with pets. This one looks great from outside, the people were pretty nice. But our room was less than clean. There was a leak in the sink, and we had roaches. I really liked the look of it and possibly they were just busy and hadn't had time to properly care for it after a busy season. I will continue to check for another suitable place though.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple