“Nice simple Beach place”
Review of Mariner Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Mariner Motel
Ranked #172 of 210 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Maryland, United States
“Nice simple Beach place”
Reviewed 8 August 2012

This is nice small beach motel with 2 pools across the street from the beach. Nothing fancy, We were there last week for a week and stayed in a one bedroom room. Bedroom had 2 beds. Dresser in room is not really easy to use, but we hung most of our stuff and used the one in the living area. No big deal. One bedroom has small kitchen area with refidge and small apt stove/oven. Stove/Oven was older but worked fine. This is an older place run by a nice guy, Avi. All of the staff was nice. I like the idea that this is not a corporate hotel.
My room was clean - no bugs, no odors. It is run more like a condo - no daily maid service. Put your towels outside and new ones are delivered to you. I like that because my small dog did not have to be crated while we went to the beach which is across the street. It was easier to cross than other places we have stayed. People did clean up after their dogs - no mess around.
If you are looking for a reasonable basic beach place, check it out. If you are looking for a more upgraded place, then check out one of the bigger corporate places. I will be back.

Room Tip: 9 & 10 are on second floor and have a ocean view. 1-4 have small fenced area.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Mary A

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 6 August 2012

Upon my arrival to my "clean" room, there was a pack of cigarettes on the dresser, the sink was filthy from being "backed up" and NOT cleaned, along with the FOUL odor of urine that reeked in the room. Later we found someone else's black camisole under the table covering up a pile of fecal matter which was left by the previous visitors. The floors were NOT mopped, the door to the bathroom wouldn't close or lock, and none of the remotes would work (AC or TV). We were then put in another room the following day which was MUCH better considering what we just endured but the front TV didn't work and I had to carry the bedroom TV into the living room to watch. I would have to really reconsider if I would stay here again let alone bring my family here.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank TrueStory4u

Travellers are raving about these Myrtle Beach hotels

Charlotte
Reviewed 7 July 2012

I am preparing to leave today after spending a week here to celebrate July 4th. This is my 3rd time staying at the Mariner.

My rooms have always been spotless upon arrival and AVI available literally every time I picked up the phone to call him day or night. What a genuine wonderful man who truly cares about each guest. He treats everyone like family.

As they continue to renovate every time I come back the grounds look prettier. This motel is rustic and historic and best of all my 10 year old beagle is always welcome.

The entire staff is friendly and just wonderful. The price is very reasonable. I will continue to stay at the Mariner every time I visit myrtle beach!!

Thank you AVI!!

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank angelsoulnme
Bethesda, Maryland
Reviewed 19 June 2012

A group of friends and I had gotten scammed out of a beach house we thought we were going to be staying at. Needless to say, it was a horrible experience, but Avi saved us! We were able to relax after such a stressful day of trying to find a place to stay that would accomodate our large group! We had a great week, the room was nice, there was a grill we used often, beautiful pool, washer and dryer on property and great location right across from the beach! Amazing price for a bunch of college students looking for a beach week. Avi and his staff was available for anything we needed, and did everything he could to "make sure we had fun" Already talking about going back next year!

Room Tip: We got two two bedroom suites- plenty of sleeping space and every room had a TV!
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
4 Thank sara b
Welcome, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 26 April 2012

I stayed with Avi and his staff in March and we are going back in June. I always staying across the road in an ocean front condo where the help walked in on me (with a do not disturb sign on the door ON MY HONEYMOON) and I didn't go to the beach for years after because of the experience. We now have pets and I just can't imagine someone letting my dog loose at MB while I am showering or out eating. We found Avi at the Mariner and WHAT A BLESSING! They don't come in your room and clean and make beds but as a pet owner, I am glad! I don't want to take a chance on losing my dog! I don't want someone bothering me when I sleep in either! If I need anything, day or night, all I have to do is call the desk and it is provided. It has a very "home" feel to it because you are never disturbed and especially because you can bring your pets. It's a short trip across the road to the beach and everyone was extremely helpful and pleasant. We sat out on the bench in front of our room (where you can smoke) and socialized with many of the other guests. It's close to Outback, River City Cafe and a couple other bars/restaurants. All I can say for the people who complain about washing dishes and a small fridge for a MONTH is .......WHO STAYS AT THE BEACH FOR A MONTH????? If you want that convenience, then maybe you should expect to pay higher prices that what the Mariner provides. I think it is the best deal of ANY I have ever found....and I'm 40 years old. :) Please don't believe all the reviews you read. I almost cancelled my March trip because of complaints on here. I am so thankful that I didn't! I plan to see Avi several times a year from now on. I can't wait til June!!!! <3

Room Tip: They have several options and if you tell Avi what you want, he will do his very best to suit you!
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Jeannie W
Central Florida, Florida
Reviewed 17 April 2012

Had a 2 bedroom unit here for 3 nights at a time when the place was completely booked. But still nothing was too much trouble when our place lacked certain kitchen items. Loved the non-american feel of the place and privacy from the hustle of the beach nearby. As stated before if you are expecting 5 star then this isn't for you but if you want roomy, stripped down comfort and a big welcome for your dog then this is for you. Thank you Avi and staff.

Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank Heacham
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Reviewed 28 January 2012

My family has been staying her for long periods of time over the past 2 years and I would recommend this quaint little place to anyone. The charm of this older rustic place has historical significance. Just ask the staff. Speaking of the staff, there could not be nicer people then them. Anytime I have every needed anything I was greeted with whatever you need. Cleaning supplies are available for use, such as brooms, mops, vacuum cleaner, Windex, toilet cleaner, rags, basically anything you need to clean. I don't blame the staff that they don't clean my room, I wouldn't want to clean a room with dogs in it either, dogs are territorial, and who wants to take the chance that your dog would bite the maid. I am quite capable of cleaning my own room. Towels are available anytime upon request (Just not only on Wednesdays). There are washer, dryers, and vending machines on premises.
Avi the manager has made several improvements over the years such as providing a fenced in dog park for our extended family members. Several rooms have had new carpet and paint. He is always willing to answer any of my concerns, and promptly. There is a maintenance man on duty 24/7 in case something needs to be fixed and is done quickly. Pest control is provided on a monthly basis, every third Thursday of the month like clock work. I have never seen a roach or bug in my unit. The walkways are kept clean, and trash removed daily.
There is a sweet atmosphere here. The walkways lined with bamboo, palm trees and other shrubbery. There are several siting areas, one with a waterfall and pond. There are 2 pools conveniently located, one in front, and one in back kept up daily, with lounge chairs for the sunbathers, and umbrella-ed tables for those needing shade. There is a area for grilling with enough picnic tables to accommodate a very large group. We have enjoyed many cookouts through the summer with over 30 people. There is a gas grill for the use of all guests.
I have meet several people that have come here every summer for many years and absolutely love this place and location. There are always those that no matter what you do will never be satisfied. Believe me I have meet them here! These are those type who want a five star hotel for the price the mariner offers. They are unrealistic people. They viewed the rooms, loved the property, and the price, they had a choice to not take the room, but did and then want to complain about it.
I would stay here rather then any other place on the beach. The price is excellent and so is the staff and other guest. There is a family vibe here. So if you are looking for affordability, comfort, pleasing atmosphere and good people, this is your place!

Room Tip: It depends on family size, all are good rooms. They are directly across from the beach, 100 yards or...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family