“The Mariner - non compliance to disabled persons” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mariner Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Mariner Motel
Ranked #175 of 207 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“The Mariner - non compliance to disabled persons”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2012

This review has one main focus on the Mariner, and that is the compliance with disabled parking.
My cousin is staying there with her husband,who is disabled. They just arrived yesterday evening,they were greeted by Avi the manager, who seemed like a pleasant individual,and even helped carry a couple of items upstairs. Once my cousin emptied her vehicle and all belongings were in the motel room, Avi asked me if we could move the vehicle about 100 feet away to another parking spot because my cousins vehicle would possibly block another parking space adjacent to their vehicle. I then asked Avi if the disabled parking spot my cousin was parked in was the only disabled parking spot on the property,as it was... and then explained to him that my cousins husband was disabled and had quite a hard time walking.
Avi again explained that the vehicle stuck out a bit too far,and that it had to be moved.
The true reason is because Avi has a mercedes and his own parking spot which is directly next to the disabled parking,and wants to be able to freely park in his spot regardless of how much trouble a disabled person has to endure. This is not only illegal,it was a selfish and thoughtless decision on the managers part.I do hope they correct this.

Room Tip: If you stay here,ask for a renovated room,as the rest are aged and musty....
3 Thank Muscledoc1969

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2012

As a lifelong vacationer to Myrtle Beach, I have had the opportunity to experience numerous hotels and motels from all around the grand strand area. The Mariner has been the most enjoyable location by far. With all the amenities of a large chain, it is coupled with a staff that makes one feel like part of the family (any need or request is met within minutes). The owner is wonderful and takes great pride in creating a little oasis amongst other impersonal high rises. Each room has its own personal nautical touch and my two dogs LOVE the on sight puppy park. It's a must stay for anyone looking for a memorable vacation to myrtle beach. My wife and I were SO impressed that when we decided to move down permanently last month, we decided to make The Mariner our new home. We are here currently and will be signing an annual lease later this month. My wife and i will gladly confirm this review is 100% authentic in person during your stay (just ask for jeremy). Give it a try... You'll be glad you did.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank Jkoonce
Maryland, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2012

This is nice small beach motel with 2 pools across the street from the beach. Nothing fancy, We were there last week for a week and stayed in a one bedroom room. Bedroom had 2 beds. Dresser in room is not really easy to use, but we hung most of our stuff and used the one in the living area. No big deal. One bedroom has small kitchen area with refidge and small apt stove/oven. Stove/Oven was older but worked fine. This is an older place run by a nice guy, Avi. All of the staff was nice. I like the idea that this is not a corporate hotel.
My room was clean - no bugs, no odors. It is run more like a condo - no daily maid service. Put your towels outside and new ones are delivered to you. I like that because my small dog did not have to be crated while we went to the beach which is across the street. It was easier to cross than other places we have stayed. People did clean up after their dogs - no mess around.
If you are looking for a reasonable basic beach place, check it out. If you are looking for a more upgraded place, then check out one of the bigger corporate places. I will be back.

Room Tip: 9 & 10 are on second floor and have a ocean view. 1-4 have small fenced area.
2 Thank Mary A
Charlotte, North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2012

Upon my arrival to my "clean" room, there was a pack of cigarettes on the dresser, the sink was filthy from being "backed up" and NOT cleaned, along with the FOUL odor of urine that reeked in the room. Later we found someone else's black camisole under the table covering up a pile of fecal matter which was left by the previous visitors. The floors were NOT mopped, the door to the bathroom wouldn't close or lock, and none of the remotes would work (AC or TV). We were then put in another room the following day which was MUCH better considering what we just endured but the front TV didn't work and I had to carry the bedroom TV into the living room to watch. I would have to really reconsider if I would stay here again let alone bring my family here.

1 Thank TrueStory4u

Travellers are raving about these Myrtle Beach hotels

Charlotte
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2012

I am preparing to leave today after spending a week here to celebrate July 4th. This is my 3rd time staying at the Mariner.

My rooms have always been spotless upon arrival and AVI available literally every time I picked up the phone to call him day or night. What a genuine wonderful man who truly cares about each guest. He treats everyone like family.

As they continue to renovate every time I come back the grounds look prettier. This motel is rustic and historic and best of all my 10 year old beagle is always welcome.

The entire staff is friendly and just wonderful. The price is very reasonable. I will continue to stay at the Mariner every time I visit myrtle beach!!

Thank you AVI!!

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank angelsoulnme
Bethesda, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2012

A group of friends and I had gotten scammed out of a beach house we thought we were going to be staying at. Needless to say, it was a horrible experience, but Avi saved us! We were able to relax after such a stressful day of trying to find a place to stay that would accomodate our large group! We had a great week, the room was nice, there was a grill we used often, beautiful pool, washer and dryer on property and great location right across from the beach! Amazing price for a bunch of college students looking for a beach week. Avi and his staff was available for anything we needed, and did everything he could to "make sure we had fun" Already talking about going back next year!

Room Tip: We got two two bedroom suites- plenty of sleeping space and every room had a TV!
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
4 Thank sara b
Welcome, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2012

I stayed with Avi and his staff in March and we are going back in June. I always staying across the road in an ocean front condo where the help walked in on me (with a do not disturb sign on the door ON MY HONEYMOON) and I didn't go to the beach for years after because of the experience. We now have pets and I just can't imagine someone letting my dog loose at MB while I am showering or out eating. We found Avi at the Mariner and WHAT A BLESSING! They don't come in your room and clean and make beds but as a pet owner, I am glad! I don't want to take a chance on losing my dog! I don't want someone bothering me when I sleep in either! If I need anything, day or night, all I have to do is call the desk and it is provided. It has a very "home" feel to it because you are never disturbed and especially because you can bring your pets. It's a short trip across the road to the beach and everyone was extremely helpful and pleasant. We sat out on the bench in front of our room (where you can smoke) and socialized with many of the other guests. It's close to Outback, River City Cafe and a couple other bars/restaurants. All I can say for the people who complain about washing dishes and a small fridge for a MONTH is .......WHO STAYS AT THE BEACH FOR A MONTH????? If you want that convenience, then maybe you should expect to pay higher prices that what the Mariner provides. I think it is the best deal of ANY I have ever found....and I'm 40 years old. :) Please don't believe all the reviews you read. I almost cancelled my March trip because of complaints on here. I am so thankful that I didn't! I plan to see Avi several times a year from now on. I can't wait til June!!!! <3

Room Tip: They have several options and if you tell Avi what you want, he will do his very best to suit you!
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple