“Look into a different place. Please I beg you.”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Mariner Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Mariner Motel
Ranked #174 of 207 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“Look into a different place. Please I beg you.”
Reviewed 4 August 2013

My first advice to anyone that books a place for vacation is to figure out your budget and what amenities you want as well. For 5 nights and with 2 dogs this place was $200 a night for an average 4 person family. First thing is that the staff are sincerely nice and they will get you everything you need. We needed pots and pans, door knob fixed, and our bathroom cleaned and they did that within the hour. BUT that's not how it should be. It should've been done before a person checked in. Because this is a pet friendly place, there is poop everywhere. The motel needs a paint job at least twice. There is only a/c in 1 of the 2 rooms as well. If I could upload pictures I would to show you how bad the conditions are in here.

Room Tip: Please don't choose this place.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank valor89

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
lakewood
Reviewed 25 July 2013

I spent my 2013 summer vacation here. I was dissapointed as the outside is kind of depressing with the colors. The landscaping is nice but not maintained. Also, trees carry bugs and birds. The decks are filthy with no furniture. I was unable to set out my entire stay. I walked on the deck to talk on the cell and my feet was discusting. Linen was better than I have had elsewhere and the service was great. Employees were friendly. Pool was clean enough however the deck was in need of work as were the chairs. The room was spacious but the bath tub was a dirty. The bathmat should have been removed or replaces. Plumbing in the bathroom was in need of repair. I showered with a pool of water at my feet, no drainage and the toilet handle had to be held down with every flush or the water ran. Air conditioner was fantastic. We had rain and it rained in the window and we had to mop up the floor. Beds were fine however the drawers were a little dirty. The deadbolt on the door did not work. There is a lot of promise here with a little paint and cleaning supplies for the outside. The hanging baskets were nice but that money could have gone to some upkeep on the outside including furniture for the decks. This is the beach and people want to be outside. Location is great, price is alright although I believe if one lookes the price is not that great. I hope this place gets some basic cleaning on the outside as it really has great possibilisties. Also, the employees need to keep there disagreements inside so that the public can't hear it.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank naymotown

Travellers are raving about these Myrtle Beach hotels

Reviewed 30 June 2013

This is my 4th return to the Mariner and I love it. Our room was fully updated and wow I was blown away at the nice change. We have 2 very clean pools. The jacuzzi is freshly cleaned and the staff is like family as nice as they are. I LOVE the fact that no one enters our rooms. We leave what we need outside our door and in minutes we have replacements. I can't see why the negative comments are posted here because I am here now, was here last month and last year. I will definitely come back!!!

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank jsimms77
Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed 24 June 2013

Our second stay at the Mariner since being updated - don't know which property Talya stayed at but obviously seems like her reviews are not factual. Replacing the flooring but leaving nasty cabinets, gross chairs with stuff on them to the point I took an extra sheet (Lysol sprayed none the less) and draped it over is bad enough. However finding hair all over the place, even in the bed is just nasty. The coffee pot was not clean, food on the microwave, and roaches (and yes I know the difference between a roach and a water bug) in the cabinets. Baseboards covered in dirt, old curtains with holes in them. The floor was so nasty I took a white towel and wiped it off because even my kids were getting grossed out - black with hair and dirt came up.

Yes I know you get what you pay for but don't over promise and under deliver. Avi the hotel manager is very nice however this property is slowly going downhill again. To be honest I wouldn't let my dog stay here. It would be a real gem if someone could take it over and restore it the way it needs to be to keep it's 1950's charm.

Room Tip: Stay away far away
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank twoblondiesmommy71
Reviewed 23 June 2013

Review is horrible for a dump that charges Hilton prices. 1 trash can in the place floors are sticky. One towel. Hot tub was week an sus not work an time u fill it u have cold water. This placed a joke. Tried to Git him to give back 20.00 an he said I was in the wrong for his 120.00 placed being a dump. Didn't even have trash can in the living room an had a early 80s TV. Floors were sticky an the bathroom was to. Since manger want willing to work with u stay very far away

• Stayed June 2013
4 Thank teaxco
Fort Myers, Florida, United States
Reviewed 10 June 2013

You couldn't pay ME to ever stay here again....at a beach I expect sand and grit on a floor. Dirt is totally unacceptable, bare feet were black in moments. Avi is a nice personable guy but he doesn't inspect his rooms on a regular basis. The toilet was about to fall over because the bolts were rusted and loose at the floor.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Bill O
Vero Beach, Florida
Reviewed 8 May 2013

This dog-friendly motel is across from the beach that allows dogs after 5pm & is within easy driving to all attractions. My dog & i stay here every July, & the manager, Avi, is always adding improvements. Dogs have their own fenced-in play area with sandboxes, grassy areas, doggy bags & shady or sunny seating for the dog handlers. Avi added a pizza place where his old office used to be, & the jacuzzi is open. There are 2 pools, a BBQ area, & beautiful vegetation around the premises. One tree has got to be 100 years old! This is not your typical motel -- & they even have wi-fi. I wouldn't stay anyplace else in MB!

Room Tip: I prefer a room on the north side because the parking is better.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled solo