We visited the Long Bay Resort for a family vacation during the last week of August. When we arrived the staff was very courteous and friendly, even helping us pick out local places to eat and visit. We stayed in a resort view room, which was fine because we were very close to the indoor pool and parking space. The rooms were super clean and all had their own private balcony. Housekeeping did a great job every day- we had fresh towels every day and the sheets were changed every 4 days. The rooms also come with cable television, microwave and mini-fridge, ironing board and iron, hair dryer, wi-fi, and free parking in the hotel's private garage.
The resort has an indoor lazy river, pool, kiddie area and 3 jacuzzis. Apart from that there is another outdoor pool, kiddie area and jacuzzi, with the beach a few feet away. There is no room service available, but there is a Starbucks, bar, and restaurant on site. The restaurant features a breakfast buffet every morning for about $9 per person. There are also other restaurants within walking distance, but if you have car and plan on driving, there are tons of restaurants and local shops to visit within a 10 minute drive.
This was an amazing place to visit and was confused as to other people's review about how unclean and outdated the resort was. We had an amazing experience and can't wait to visit again. The hotel was quiet and clean, and definitely family friendly. Myrtle Beach and the Long Bay Resort may just become our annual family vacation.
See you next year!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the more quiet north end of Myrtle Beach you are just seconds from the heart of attractions and restaurants. Long Bay resort has been a favorite among families and golfers for decades. Enjoy newly renovated accommodations with your choice rooms, suites, efficiencies and condo all with the comforts of home. Check out any of our onsite food and beverage outlets, there’s Martins restaurant, the Seaside Cafe, Starbucks Cafe and our oceanfront Tiki Hut. And let’s not forget about the amenities. No beach vacation is completes without a dip in one of our many water features. There’s our in and outdoor kiddies pool areas with silly submarine and mushroom waterfalls, our heated indoor lazy river, our ocean front outdoor pool deck with pool and Jacuzzi, our indoor pool, a sauna and much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Long Bay Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Long Bay Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Long Bay Resort Myrtle Beach
- Long Bay Myrtle Beach
- Long Bay Resorts Myrtle Beach Sc