“Amazing Place to Stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #38 of 207 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
New York City, New York
“Amazing Place to Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2012

We visited the Long Bay Resort for a family vacation during the last week of August. When we arrived the staff was very courteous and friendly, even helping us pick out local places to eat and visit. We stayed in a resort view room, which was fine because we were very close to the indoor pool and parking space. The rooms were super clean and all had their own private balcony. Housekeeping did a great job every day- we had fresh towels every day and the sheets were changed every 4 days. The rooms also come with cable television, microwave and mini-fridge, ironing board and iron, hair dryer, wi-fi, and free parking in the hotel's private garage.

The resort has an indoor lazy river, pool, kiddie area and 3 jacuzzis. Apart from that there is another outdoor pool, kiddie area and jacuzzi, with the beach a few feet away. There is no room service available, but there is a Starbucks, bar, and restaurant on site. The restaurant features a breakfast buffet every morning for about $9 per person. There are also other restaurants within walking distance, but if you have car and plan on driving, there are tons of restaurants and local shops to visit within a 10 minute drive.

This was an amazing place to visit and was confused as to other people's review about how unclean and outdated the resort was. We had an amazing experience and can't wait to visit again. The hotel was quiet and clean, and definitely family friendly. Myrtle Beach and the Long Bay Resort may just become our annual family vacation.

See you next year!

Room Tip: 1st floor resort view rooms are close to the parking garage, hotel exit, and pool. Rooms were very q...
2 Thank xxiheartsunsmilesxx
Corey_Shaw, Front Office Manager at Long Bay Resort, responded to this review, 31 August 2012
Thanks for your review on TripAdvisor.com!!

It is our mission to create a guest experience that exceeds their expectations. I'm glad you were able to enjoy the resort, and we hope to see you again soon!

Guest Services Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (536)
High Point, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2012

My husband and 14 year old son decided at the last minute to go to the beach for a long weekend before school started back. We have never stayed at the Long Bay Resort before. We were happy with most everything about this resort. The rooms were nice and clean and looked to have been recently updated. The only thing I could fault them on were that the pillows on the bed were very thin and and hard as rocks. And I am sure if I had ask I could have gotten them replaced. The pool area and hot tubs were very crowded but were clean and always had clean towels. We could not always find parking on the floor we stayed on, but we could always find one on a higher deck. The location was very close to all the attractions and right beside the hotel is a River City Cafe with great burgers! Not to mention a Star Bucks right in the hotel. Would I stay here again? YES!!

• 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank THoughNC
Thanks for writing a review on TripAdvisor!

So glad to hear you had such a wonderful time on your first experience with us. Please don't ever hesitate to call the Front Desk with any request. We will do everything we can to satisfy a guest.

Thanks again, and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Columbia, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2012

This is the greatest hotel ever great staff great location great price this is my second year here and I couldn't ask for better I am def coming back again can't wait I miss it already the restaurant at the hotel has amazingg bacon and all the food is great

• Stayed August 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thanks for your review on TripAdvisor!

It's so wonderful to hear when we make a guest so happy. And hey, who doesn't love bacon?

We can't wait to see you again in the future.

Reading, PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2012

My family and I enjoyed another great trip to Myrtle Beach and at Longbay Resort. Weather was not so good, but we made do! We have been coming to Myrtle Beach for over 20 years and staying at Longbay for the last 12! Our rooms were three bedroom condos on the 14th floor and we had two side by side. Both units were remodeled since the last time we were down two years ago. The resort always meets our expectations and the kids have a blast. Highly recommend! Clean, affordable, friendly staff, and great location!

Room Tip: Longbay has great and affordable three bedroom condos, ask for higher then the 10th floor!
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for writing a review for us on Trip Advisor!

I'm glad you had such a wonderful time with your family, despite the weather. Also, I appreciate you noticing the upgrades and improvements we've made.

We hope to see you again soon!

Greensboro, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2012

My family and I have stayed at this resort for several years now and have been pleased with the overall service and accomodations. The pools and lazy river are a very nice feature, I really appreciate the indoor portion that can be used if the weather is undesirable. The Starbucks location within the complex is another great asset.
We visited this resort again on Friday, August 17, 2012 and had booked a resort view double queen efficiency. When we arrived the resort was quite busy with check in/outs. Although it took awhile to go thru this process, we were greeted with very friendly and attentive service. Upon arriving in our room we were delighted to find the great improvements that had been made in the decor. Very nice counter tops, carpet, bedding, and tiled baths. The room was very clean and pleasant. The next moring we were greeted by the cleaning staff which were great. Big smiles and so attentive to our needs. We had some great laughs and joking together. Our visit was short but a great experience.
Several days later I received a survery asking to give my grade on the experience. I completed and the only negative I found was the understaffing at the front desk at peak times. Within a day I received a personal note from Corey Shaw, Guest Services Manager. His note went to tell me how much they value the response and how important it is to their mission of service improvement and staff morale. I can't tell you enough of how important this was to receive this personal note. Rather than just responding to a survey and hearing nothing. This raised the bar for me in that he addressed my concerns and valued my comments and suggestions. I responded back and told him how importnat this was to me and we were looking at booking again for a visit in December. He personally took that reservation and booked for me with every request I had. He made me feel just like a personal friend. This level of personal attention and service goes far and wide and has made me a very pleased and appreciative customer. I looked forward to our visit in December where we will feel like home away from home. Corey and staff, job well done!

1 Thank Steve B
Thanks for writing a review for us on TripAdvisor.com!!

I'm happy to hear that you had such a wonderful time. It is our goal to be the number one resort in Myrtle Beach. I'll be certain to pass your comments along to our hard-working staff.

We hope to see you again soon!

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2012 via mobile

We have been in a three bedroom oceanfront condo this week for vacation and have had a great time! The staff has been friendly and the amenities are nice. We will come back again. The room is comfy. We did have a few issues but the staff fixed them for us. Thanks!

Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Corey_Shaw, Front Office Manager at Long Bay Resort, responded to this review, 25 August 2012
Thank you for writing a review for us on TripAdvisor.com!!

I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay here at Long Bay Resort. The Oceanfront Three Bedroom Condos are the most spacious units we have available, and our staff prides itself on being courteous and responsive to any and all guest issues.

Again, I'm happy you had such a great time and we can't wait to see you again!

Corey Shaw
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2012

I called ahead to tell them that we would be in at about 2am. When we arrived, I noticed that the lobby area was spotless! I was greeted warmly by the front desk person. He explained all of the hotel's amenities. The hotel has 9 floors of parking. Conceptually, you should be able to park on the same floor as your room, but I ended up parking 3 floors up.
Our room was equally as spotless. There was a slight smell of cigarette smoke in the room. It was strongest in the living room. However, the room also smelled of carpet shampoo. The kitchen area had a marble counter top and the appliances were very quiet.
The pools were exactly like the pictures. I did have to sign a waiver because there are no lifeguards.
All in all, very worth the low price I paid on Hotel.com!

• Stayed August 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Wildflower2271
Corey_Shaw, Front Office Manager at Long Bay Resort, responded to this review, 24 August 2012
Thanks for writing a review for us on TripAdvisor.com!!

I'm so glad to hear that everything was exactly as you expected. You never have to worry about arriving late, as we have someone at the Front Desk 24 hours per day!

We hope to see you again soon!!