“Pools, Lazy River and Beach who could ask for more.”
Review of Long Bay Resort

Long Bay Resort
Ranked #33 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed 13 October 2013

Took my grandaughter for the long weekend to meet some friends here, had a good time.
Room was clean and it had all you needed. Short of food that is. If your kids like water, this is great. Inside pool, outside pool and lazy river are heated. There were at least 4 hot tubs, a small child water area separate from the bigger kids and adults. There is also an adult sun deck too.

Room Tip: Get a room with a ocean view and higher than the 6th floor. If there are more than 4 of you, spring...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Cesar C, Front Office Manager at Long Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2013

Thank you for choosing Long Bay Resort for your recent stay in Myrtle Beach. I am happy to hear that your room was clean and the pools met your expectations. It was a pleasure to have you as our guest and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 10 October 2013

This is a great hotel for a family vacation. All the pools are in the same area so you can relax and still be able to watch the kids. The beach is a stone throw away. The hotel rooms are very basic and solid when it comes to having kids around my only complaint is the hotel rooms are not very clean so bring your loysol wipes give it a quick wipe down and you are good to go.

Room Tip: All the Parcel View rooms we stayed in was awesome we had full view of the pool area and the beach...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Cesar C, Front Office Manager at Long Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write your comments. The company aims to consistently deliver a professional service to our customers and thank you for bringing the cleanliness of your room to my attention. It was a pleasure to have you as our guest and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 10 October 2013

This was our 7th stay at Long Bay Resort and it just dawned on me that I have never written a review of it. Rooms are great and configuration of the deluxe queen room works perfectly for our family of 5. My husband and I basically have our own bedroom, as do our kids. I appreciate the full galley kitchen, as we usually eat breakfast and lunch at the resort and then go out for dinner. Rooms are always clean, beds and pillow are comfortable, showers are hot with full water pressure. We had a great oceanfront view. Housekeepers were efficient and front desk people were friendly and helpful. I can't say enough about the pool area. Pools, hot tubs, lazy river, kids play pools, Ping-Pong, gigantic chess and checkers set, and shuffleboard--lots for kids to do! Some pools are covered, so even in rainy cool weather, you can enjoy heated swimming or the lazy river and hot tubs. Over the last 9 years, we have tried 2 other hotels nearby, "just for something different", and have been disappointed both times. There is also a Starbucks on the property, a tiki bar, an ocean front cafe (great food), and a nice restaurant called Martins (have not tried). We will definitely be back!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank cpersh1945
Cesar C, Front Office Manager at Long Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2013

Thank you for continue choosing Long Bay Resort and for taking the time to write your comments. I am happy to hear you had an enjoyable time at our hotel and the amenities excel your expectations. It was a pleasure to have you as our guest.

Reviewed 9 October 2013

I stayed in Oct. of 2013 .Ok first If you can not stay in a room where the parking garage is.Do that ! They say every room has a ocean view .NOT !!! The room was very clean ,slept well. Front desk was very polite and helpful. Little bar there has awesome salads, my bartender was very cute and delightful. All and all I would go back.

Room Tip: Do not stay on bottom floor......
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Cesar C, Front Office Manager at Long Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write your comments. I gald to hear that your room was clean and you had good sleep with us. Our staff is pleased to be of service and eager to serve you again soon.

Reviewed 9 October 2013

First, I was on the first floor which smelled of exhaust (which was similar to the parking lot level on the 2nd floor). I had to switch rooms to find one that didn't smell. Once settled, I loved the pool & lazy river - very relaxing. Didn't understand the $7 resort fee and it couldn't be explained to me for whatever reason. Just an FYI, not all rooms have an ocean view. Walls seemed thin as I could hear more than I wanted to! But, all and all, I would return because I ultimately enjoyed my stay and now know what type of room to ask for.

Room Tip: Stay away from parking areas (due to exhaust fumes); Request to see an ocean view room before agreei...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Long Bay resort Hotel. I am happy to hear that we made the right decision by moving you to another room and be able to enjoy your stay. It was a pleasure to have you as our guest and hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 9 October 2013

Nice rooms, kid friendly, nice staff. Would return. Myrtle beach wonderful place for vacation!!! Beaches clean and easy to walk for entertainment. One of our favorite vacations. Looking forward to more good times on Myrtle beach!!!

• Stayed: August 2013

Thank you for choosing Long Bay Resort. We always want to be your first choice. We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 4 October 2013

I loved this place and I cant wait to go back!! The internet service was not reliable but the atmosphere made up for that flaw. The rooms were clean and the breakfast was FANTASTIC!! I stayed at the Savoy section of the property which offered Oceanview rooms-BEAUTIFUL!

• Stayed: September 2013
Cesar C, Front Office Manager at Long Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2013

Thank you for choosing Long Bay Resort for your recent stay in Myrtle Beach. We are sorry you had experience some issues with the internet service. It was a pleasure to have you as our guest and we hope to see you soon.