“End of summer outing.”

River Oaks Golf Plantation
More attraction details
Owner description: Challenging course features 27 holes of undulating greens and mounded fairways located along the pristine Intracoastal Waterway.
Reviewed 3 September 2013 via mobile

Played with my so on the 3rd. Course in good shape, bunkers need attention, greens good. Played in 3.5 hrs and could have played faster if the regulars would have let us through. For Myrtle Beach, I'd give it a 6.

Reviewed 13 August 2013

This course is close to home and tee times are often available, so I golf here frequently. I will reconsider for the following reasons: bad customer service, disruptive condo guests, and poor organization.
The cart attendant (tall man with an accent) has been consistently rude the past several visits. He has never greeted us and only barks out where to begin and nothing more. Once I noticed my putter cover was gone when I approached the first hole. I called the pro shop and was told it was found and would be waiting at the bag drop. When I retrieved it later in the day, he tossed it to me without speaking. I asked where it was found and he pointed to where he loads the carts. I suppose he dropped it while loading my bag and I did not notice. He was unapologetic. On Sunday he directed us to start at the Otter when our ticket indicated that we were starting at the Bear. We asked him to double check, and he responded that Otter to Fox was the rotation for the day regardless of what was on our ticket. He never got up from his chair or looked up from the newspaper. I'm not sure if his attitude is only toward female golfers--he is not as miserable when we bring a male golfer--but I am disgusted that he is in a position where he is the first face golfers see when they arrive. We have encountered other attendants there who were very pleasant, but we have to deal with him most of the time.
The course cannot help the behavior of guests in the condos along the course, but hearing loud music and shouting from the patios is disruptive while golfing. I consider the course of average quality, but those disruptions cheapen it a great deal.
This past Sunday, my group started on the Otter was immediately trapped behind a foursome whose pace of play was unbearably slow. They each played two balls, leisurely watched each other without preparing their own shots, and spent excessive time walking around and looking for lost balls in the woods and water. They were behind no one and would not allow us to pass through. We spent an hour and a half on the first four holes. Two groups backed up behind us, and we left for the pro shop after the fifth hole. We asked if we could relocate to another location and the attendant asked, "What do you mean they're playing slow?" We explained and received no resolution. We were told we could "try the Fox" because they weren't sure how many were over there. I expected the pro shop to be more aware of how many golfers were on the course.
River Oaks has been a series of disappointments lately. No wonder it is easy to get a tee time. Anyone living in or visiting Myrtle Beach who is looking for a quality golf experience, should definitely avoid this course. They certainly don't act like they appreciate our business.

Reviewed 15 April 2013 via mobile

We just returned from River Oaks after playing golf. Great value, plenty of room and clean enough for 8 guys.

Reviewed 9 April 2013

to much building condos everywhere.did not feel peaceful while playing.staff very nice rates good nice clubhouse

Reviewed 8 April 2013

River Oaks was included in a recent golf trip to Myrtle Beach. It was march but the course was not in good shape. The only green space on any of the three courses was the actual greens. The staff seemed somewhat disorganized and disinterested even though the course was fully booked. We had booked a lunch ahead of time through our booking company. Unfortunately there was not much choice if any for any lunch items at this time of year. Most courses in Myrtle Beach have a good deal on the purchase of six beers. This was not the case at River Oaks. Unless there are some real improvements to the course I could not recommend this as a good golf experience for anyone unless you are looking for a cheaper round than many other courses.