Message from TripAdvisor:

Ranked #163 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Georgia
“Disgustingly Dirty”
Reviewed 5 July 2005

I am a single mom wanting to take my 2 children to the beach for the 4th of July weekend. Upon Arriving at the hotel, after a 6 hour drive. I pulled back the blankets of the bed to find HAIR on the sheets. My call to the office found a rude man saying “What do you want me to do about it?” I said at the very least I need clean sheets, about 30 minutes later I answered the door to a man handing me the sheets & quickly leaving. So I had to remake my own bed, at 2 am. The room went downhill form there. I was promised a room with an efficiency kitchen; reality actually consisted of a small, college dorm type, refrigerator & a microwave. The sleeper sofa that my son was to sleep on would not open. The parking was HORRINDIOUS!!! They offer a parking deck across the street but a couple times that was too full to park in. I am trying not to be “nit-picky” here but is was a horrible room, & I will NEVER stay at this hotel again & I just want others to be aware of it, so they will not waist their money here!!!

• Stayed July 2005
4 Thank TonkaMom41

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
Reviewed 30 June 2005

Never stay at the Boardwalk Resort. I just returned from vacation there and the place was fithy. We attempted to get our money back and go somewhere else but they said they did not do refunds so we were forced to stay. Within 30 minutes of arriving at the hotel we were met by rude staff members who make racist comments about white people. Everytime we attempted to enjoy the pool we were force to leave by people who were doing things that can't be mentioned in this review. All I can say about that is I hope there was enough colorine in the pool to kill anything and hope we didn't can't anything. I also hope we didn't catch anything in the nasty rooms. The carpets were riped and had exposed nails in the area heading to the bathroom. I scraped my foot several times. I just worn everyone do not stay at this hotel.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Travellers are raving about these Myrtle Beach hotels

Reviewed 26 June 2005

On a recent visit to Myrtle Beach I was forced to stay in this flea bag due to being displaced by a fire in the hotel I booked for our vacation. I was told by the management of both that it was a sister hotel and the quality and age were about the same. Yeah, whatever! If we had been able to sleep, it would have been with one eye open and fully clothed in case there were shots fired or a raid. The carpet was ripped and nasty, the tub had ground in stains of an unknown nature and the beds squeaked so loud we couldn't have slept anyway. I would not have been the least bit surprised if I had woken up with bed bug bites! The lobby was the nicest part of the hotel and we considered going there to sleep on the couches! My advise would be to stay away and let the spring breakers have it!

Reviewed 23 June 2005

The people at the front desk were rude and disrespectful and it filtered down to the housekeeping who treated us awful waking us up every morning and treating us very badly. The room was expensive and had holes in the wall and the beds were old and broken down. I would not recommend this place to anyone wanting to enjoy themselves on vacation.

• Stayed June 2005
Reviewed 17 June 2005

In all the years of staying in hotels all over the country, this I must say was the nastiest place I have ever checked into. We checked in at the lobby and were given our keys to the room. The lobby seemed nice and the staff were ok. Looking back we should have asked to sleep in the lobby! We should have asked to see our room! We must have been in the older part of the hotel. The halls of the hotel were dark and dirty, with stains on the worn out carpets. The elevators were disgusting. and slightly smelled. I was afraid to breath it was so nasty. Our room was a real shocker!! The room was small and nasty. The carpet in the room was also stained and was very worn out. The room in general was very old and in major need of repairs. The bathtub was unsightly. We slept in our clothes and with one eye open. Thankgoodness we checked out the next moring!!! If you must stay in the Boardwalk, check your room first!!

5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 24 May 2005

My family and I stayed at the Boardwalk for Harley Bike Week. While the weather could have definitely have been better, the accomodations were great. The room was clean and housekeeping was wonderful. The only issue we had was not being able to get our vehicle out due to bikes being parked all behind it. I have 2 small children and had there been an emergency I would not have been able to get my vehicle out to seek treatment without running over other people's motorcycles. Secondly, I had to take a cab out on Saturday night to pick up dinner because we couldn't get the vehicle out to go to dinner for the bikes parked all up on my Tahoe. As a suggestion, there should be no parking under the covered walkway at the main tower, only in one of the side lots and management should employ security to enforce this. The front desk was of little/no help when we presented this as an issue on 3 occasions during our week stay. We had to resort to almost towing bikes to get our vehicle out at checkout on Sunday. I would not stay here again during Bike Week due to the hassle of bike parking. I would rather stay where I can get my vehicle in and out. I have never had this trouble at any other hotel where have stayed during bike week.

• Stayed May 2005
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed 19 May 2005

I just returned from the Boardwalk. I was a little afraid after reading the reviews but decided to stay in the Main Tower anyway. The room was clean, housekeeping was great and the front desk was very helpful. Overall, the Boardwalk is a great for the money and I would stay there again.

• Stayed May 2005