Boardwalk Beach Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Meridian Plaza(Myrtle Beach)
  • Pool
View Hotel
Dayton House Resort(Myrtle Beach)
  • Beachfront
Seaside Inn(Myrtle Beach)
The Palms(Myrtle Beach)
View Hotel
The Breakers Resort(Myrtle Beach)
Carolina Grande(Myrtle Beach)
View Hotel
Carolinian Beach Resort(Myrtle Beach)
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Winston-Salem, NC
Reviewed 6 July 2005

This was absoulutely the worst motel (not resort) that I've ever visited. We were told in advance that a microwave would be in the room. After purchasing a microwavable food, we arrived to find that no microwave was in the room. The front desk attendant told us that they did not have any extra microwaves and made no effort to find one for us. In fact, they stated that we could leave the hotel, but they doubted we would find a replacement hotel on the 4th of July weekend. We had to actually go to the local Kmart to purchase a microwave.

At any rate, when we took a shower, we noticed that two bars of soap remained in the shower from the previous guests. Yes, two hair wrapped bars of soap.

Still not convinced that this place is not worth it. The front desk is located across the street from the motel. The rooms do not come with a iron and ironing board. You actually have to walk across the street to check an iron and ironing board out and carry it back to your room.

The rooms actually have the old-fashioned metal keys and a $5 deposit is required for extra keys. You have to walk across the street to check out the key to the fitness center.

The only thing that this motel had going for it was its location.

I recommend that you spend a little extra money and go to one of the nicer hotels in the area. Otherwise, you will disappointed and your vacation will suffer.

Any reviews to the contrary are probably written by the motel itself. I have never done these types of reviews, but I felt compelled to share my experience with future victims of the motel.

• Stayed: July 2005
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 5 July 2005

I am a single mom wanting to take my 2 children to the beach for the 4th of July weekend. Upon Arriving at the hotel, after a 6 hour drive. I pulled back the blankets of the bed to find HAIR on the sheets. My call to the office found a rude man saying “What do you want me to do about it?” I said at the very least I need clean sheets, about 30 minutes later I answered the door to a man handing me the sheets & quickly leaving. So I had to remake my own bed, at 2 am. The room went downhill form there. I was promised a room with an efficiency kitchen; reality actually consisted of a small, college dorm type, refrigerator & a microwave. The sleeper sofa that my son was to sleep on would not open. The parking was HORRINDIOUS!!! They offer a parking deck across the street but a couple times that was too full to park in. I am trying not to be “nit-picky” here but is was a horrible room, & I will NEVER stay at this hotel again & I just want others to be aware of it, so they will not waist their money here!!!

• Stayed: July 2005
4  Thank TonkaMom41
Athens, GA
Reviewed 30 June 2005

Never stay at the Boardwalk Resort. I just returned from vacation there and the place was fithy. We attempted to get our money back and go somewhere else but they said they did not do refunds so we were forced to stay. Within 30 minutes of arriving at the hotel we were met by rude staff members who make racist comments about white people. Everytime we attempted to enjoy the pool we were force to leave by people who were doing things that can't be mentioned in this review. All I can say about that is I hope there was enough colorine in the pool to kill anything and hope we didn't can't anything. I also hope we didn't catch anything in the nasty rooms. The carpets were riped and had exposed nails in the area heading to the bathroom. I scraped my foot several times. I just worn everyone do not stay at this hotel.

Stayed: June 2005
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 26 June 2005

On a recent visit to Myrtle Beach I was forced to stay in this flea bag due to being displaced by a fire in the hotel I booked for our vacation. I was told by the management of both that it was a sister hotel and the quality and age were about the same. Yeah, whatever! If we had been able to sleep, it would have been with one eye open and fully clothed in case there were shots fired or a raid. The carpet was ripped and nasty, the tub had ground in stains of an unknown nature and the beds squeaked so loud we couldn't have slept anyway. I would not have been the least bit surprised if I had woken up with bed bug bites! The lobby was the nicest part of the hotel and we considered going there to sleep on the couches! My advise would be to stay away and let the spring breakers have it!

Stayed: June 2005
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Mason, WV
Reviewed 23 June 2005

The people at the front desk were rude and disrespectful and it filtered down to the housekeeping who treated us awful waking us up every morning and treating us very badly. The room was expensive and had holes in the wall and the beds were old and broken down. I would not recommend this place to anyone wanting to enjoy themselves on vacation.

• Stayed: June 2005