“"I WOULD NOT ADVISE YOU TO STAY HERE"”

Atlantica Oceanfront Resort
Ranked #121 of 208 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Winchester, Kentucky
“"I WOULD NOT ADVISE YOU TO STAY HERE"”
Reviewed 28 June 2014

We reserved our stay online a month in advance of our arrival, (1st mistake), We were to stay in Unit #303, but when we arrived we were put in Unit #555, The smell was awful, beds were stained. Management was not willing to make things right. These units are in the main building. I would advise against staying here. The pictures on the internet are misleading.

6 Thank Eddie B
Linea K, Front Office Manager at Atlantica Oceanfront Resort, responded to this review, 6 July 2014
Dear Eddie,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. I am sorry you had some issues. If you have a min to contact me I would like to hear more.

linea.krob@atlantica-resort.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
Durham, North Carolina
Reviewed 28 June 2014

My extended family stayed at the Atlantica Ocean Resort for 1 week in June. It was trouble from the start. Some of my family members were separated from the group, despite reservations being made in February! You get absolutely no maid service. We had to make our own beds, change the trash and even sweep/vacuum our floors. The management was rude and unwilling to assist with any of the issues we encountered. The elevator broke several times (we were on the 11th floor)! Put a few extra dollars aside and stay elsewhere! It was terrible!

6 Thank TLT1013
Linea K, Front Office Manager at Atlantica Oceanfront Resort, responded to this review, 29 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to to tell us how your stay was. I am sorry to hear you had so many issues and would like to hear more. Please contact me at the number below or by email.

Travellers are raving about these Myrtle Beach hotels

Clemmons, North Carolina
Reviewed 27 June 2014

This unit 245 was a 1 bedroom deluxe condo and we stayed in June 2014. It had a door on the bedroom, a garden tub and a washer dryer combo (all of this is not included in the regular 1 bedroom condo). We had 5 of us staying there and there was plenty of room and everyone had a bed ( 2 queen beds, a murphy (wall) bed, and a couch bed). You have to make sure you request to stay at Atlantica tower with the lazy river and not Palmetto Shores which is the other tower in the resort 3 buildings away. We were thankful that we stayed on a lower floor because there were only 2 elevators and they were very slow and down several times. We got extra towels and extra sheets and blankets, coffee and dish detergent at the front desk right away. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I requested a pot and pan and they brought them pretty quickly. The room was clean and we brought food and cooked breakfast and lunch. We went out for dinners and there was a lot to choose from, it is in a great location. So close to the broadwalk, we walked there every day. We had a great time. We loved the pools, hot tubs and lazy river and of course the beach. Be aware that check-in isn't until 4 pm and check-out is at 11 am and the pool hours are 9am until 11 pm and it is a smoke free building. We are non smokers so that was great for us. We had a great time, not much to complain about and we stayed for 5 days. We plan to stay here again in the future, but we will make requests for this tower and this room if possible.

Room Tip: Request a lower room floor so you don't have to depend on the elevators so much. Request Atlant...
Dear Vickie,

Thank you so much for letting us know you had such a great time! I am so pleased to hear you loved your accommodations, the staff and convenience of our location. When you are ready to come back please contact me so I can personally assist you with your reservations. We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Woodstock, Georgia
Reviewed 27 June 2014

This unit (#152) was so bad that we stayed 1 night (6/20/14) of our 7 night reservation! It wasn't worth the money and management couldn't/wouldn't make it right.

We booked a 2 bedroom, 2 bath unit over a month in advance. Upon checking-in the only unit available was on the 2nd floor which wasn't ideal as it overlooked the pool and we were "on display" like "fish in a bowl". Granted someone has to stay on the 2nd floor, but the unit should have been discounted, not $265/night. Beside this, there were other issues.

1) There was a repulsive bad smell in the hallway when entering the unit.
2) The A/C couldn't cool the unit--it was a muggy 74 at check-in (6:00 PM), at 8:00 PM maintenance changed the filter (which was caked with dirt). The unit did eventually cool down to 72 even though we were trying to get 70. It never got there and by 9:00 AM it had risen back to 74 (it wasn't even hot outside yet).
3) The extra roll of toilet paper had a dark brown "water-stain" on half of the roll which housekeeping obviously didn't notice or care to replace.
4) The master bedroom (with view of the pool) had a full-size bed which was hard/cheap and made "farting" sounds when sitting on it (we have video with sound!). The kind sized bed was in the "extra" bedroom and was too big for the space.
5) The unit had a full kitchen but didn't come with the typical complimentary starter paper towels, garbage bag, etc.
6) Silverware in the drawers was dirty & sandy. The silverware trays had black specks in them, possible roach droppings.
7) Master bedroom sink drained very slowly and would fill up even with the drain open.
8) Wireless internet didn't work for our phones or computers.
9) Key cards worked 1/2 the time.
10) There was 1 elevator for a 15-story condo tower with hundreds of rooms. We couldn't use the elevator when leaving as it was always full of people from the upper floors.
11) The living area was extremely small.

We didn't get a chance to use any of the amenities so we can't speak to them, but to call the Atlantica a "resort" is an incorrect use of the word. It is a run-down, over-priced hotel! Not worth the money.

Room Tip: Tip for a good room...Stay at another hotel/condo!
3 Thank J J
Dear JJ,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us how your stay was. I am sorry to hear your were not happy with your unit and had so many issues. If you would like to talk about it further I would love to listen. If you get a change please contact me.

Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

Spent seven nights at the Atlantica "my first stay in the north end of Myrtle Beach " It has a whole lot more traffic than the south end . The staff was nice and helpful, the room clean, beautiful oceanfront view, loved that we had full kitchen and washer and dryer. The drawback is the pool is 4 hotels down and no Restaurant on property . Overall I would stay here again but prefer the southend with young children

• Stayed June 2014
Dear Holly,

Thank you so much for taking the time to tell us how your stay was. I am so glad you were pleased with your stay. When you are ready to book your next vacation let me know and it would be my pleasure to assist you with any request.

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 25 June 2014

My family usually vacations in Myrtle Beach every year and this was the first time staying here.I try not to complain but this hotel fell short of any expectations I had.The only good thing about this hotel is the location.We booked the 2bd Oceanfront condo with the double beds.For this to have been a condo it is very small.It has a large dining table in the living room which takes up a lot of space,a small tv on the wall,washer and dryer are not in every unit(every condo I every booked had them in the room )and a very small balcony.I always bring my own linens on vacation so I asked for a blanket for the sofa bed,I called the front desk and I was told "I'm actually in the middle of handling something right now give me 15 minutes" I don't know what their meaning of 15 minutes meant because they never came.The hallways were smelly,only one elevator,the lazy river and the kids pool was 2 bldgs over so you had to walk past the hotel they are renovating.I really hope that with renovations that this hotel would be suitable because it is in a convienent location until then I wouldn't recommend this to anyone.I read some of the reviews and booked a room anyways because some family had already reserved their room there and we wanted to be in close proximity of each other.I wish I had went with my gut instincts and listened to the reviews because it was so not worth the money we paid.Again I don't like to complain and try to make the best of any situation but I didn't want anyone to make the same mistake I made with staying here.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Dani F
Dear Dani,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us how your experience was. I am sorry to hear you did not like your accommodations and had so many issues. If you would like to discuss this further I would like to listen. Give me a call at your earliest convenience.

Gibsonville
Reviewed 21 June 2014

We were so pleased with our stay from front desk to cleaning staff they were friendly, professional and were insanely attentive!! We will rebook every year no question :) lots of variety for our family our children from 17 to four months old were accomidated!! No foul play is tolerated and any concerns are handled immediately!! Best vacation we've had!! Thank you atlantica staff!

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank HotmessKaren
Dear Kare,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review! I am so glad you found your accommodations to your liking. We do like to pride ourselves on being the friendliest staff on the beach. When you are ready to book your next vacation you can contact me personally and it will be my pleasure to assist you.