“Atlantica is overpriced and outdated”

Atlantica Oceanfront Resort
Ranked #137 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed 29 July 2014

For a price tag of $584.84 for two nights, we were expecting a whole lot more. The building has a terrific location, close to the boardwalk and rides. However, the building itself is outdated and not clean. The front desk area/lobby needs a lot of updating. There is a serious lack of elevators. All around us, all guests were complaining about the lack of elevators and/or spending so much time waiting for the elevator. The elevator and hallways were not clean. It looks like they have not been cleaned/vacuumed in a long time. Our unit was 1464 with a spectacular view but that's about the only thing going for this unit. The furnishings are outdated. We had barely been in the unit one hour when we saw a roach in the living area. Portions of the curtains in the bedroom were no longer on the rod. Overall, the location and amenities are good but maintenance of the common areas and the units leave much to be desired. I would not return to the Atlantica nor would I recommend it to others.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Linea K, Front Office Manager at Atlantica Oceanfront Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how your stay was. I am so sorry you were dissapointed with your accomodations. If you get a free moment I would like to hear about your stay.

There are newer reviews for Atlantica Oceanfront Resort

Reviewed 26 July 2014

We rented a 2BR condo for 6 days. The room was well set up with the bedrooms set away from the living area. This made it possible for some to stay up later without disturbing the sleepers.The kitchen had everything you need. There was a full size oven and fridge with an ice maker. Loved the dishwasher! There was also a coffeemaker, toaster, clothes washer and dryer. I really enjoyed the location. Walking distance to the Skywheel and Piggly
Wiggly. The hotel had no restaurant but walking distance to so great places.

Dear Mateo,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a nice review. I am so glad you and your family enjoyed your stay. When you are ready to schedule your next vacation let me know and it would be my please to assist you with your vacation needs.

Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

The place has really improved since new management took over. We've been coming to Myrtle Beach for years and we're very happy with Atlantica. The pool area is very large and nice. As a side note, it seems that most of the negative reviews of this place come from Palmetto Shores (which are three small condo buildings owned by the Atlantica owners). According to the management they're actually in the process of tearing these three buildings down (no summer construction though).. so have no fear of terrible palmetto rooms, as some of these reviews mentioned. The condo itself has a great living room and dining area looking out onto the water, and had two very large bedrooms and a decent kitchen (not the best though). We asked for a room with nice furniture and upgraded TVs and the experience was even better than last time!

1  Thank Mateo D
Linea K, Front Office Manager at Atlantica Oceanfront Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2014

Dear Mr. D,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a nice review. We are so happy you enjoyed your stay and that we were able to exceed your expectations. We do take pride on being the friendliest staff on the beach. When you are ready to book your next stay do not hesitate to call me and it would be my pleasure to assist you with your stay.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

First let me begin by saying that from the moment we arrived we were treated very well by the staff, from the front desk to the maid cleaning the elevator. We stayed in the penthouse of the main building. It was very spacious and clean with a beautiful view. Being a condo, we knew that we were expected to keep it clean during our stay and did our best to keep it clean for the next renters. The pool, hot tub, and lazy river were beautiful although a little crowded at times. The beach was easy to access and the pool bar was nice. I never heard the construction although I saw a building had been torn down. I would recommend the main building penthouse and will be back again.

1  Thank happytraveler7401

Dear Happy traveler,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a nice review. We do strive to be the friendliest staff on the beach. I am also thrilled that you found your accommodations to suit your needs. When you are ready to book your next vacation do not hesitate to call.

Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

I booked three 2 bedroom condos for three nights (Thursday through Sunday). I booked through bookit.com. It was expensive but important that we had acceptable accommodations.
Upon check in, we were given rooms on 3 different floors although we booked them all together under one reservation. I decided that was acceptable and took the keys to see the condos.
Two of the condos were awesome but one was totally unacceptable. The two we approved of were bright and clean. The third was set up completely different. It was dark and smelled of cigarettes and mildew (all rooms are smoke free). I went to the front desk and asked for the third room to be changed to a comparable room to the other two rented. I was met with attitude and resistance. Finally after arguing with the desk attendant as well as the manager on duty, we were offered another room in their other tower which was 4 doors down. Therefore, part of my party had to be in a completely different building. We agreed simply because we were told the condo in the other tower was exactly the same as the two rooms we had. This was not true but we accepted the room nonetheless.
On the morning after check in some of us went to the other tower to eat breakfast with our parents and received a call from our teenagers that they were being evacuated because the ceiling in our condo was leaking. Apparently the family above us burnt a pizza box in the oven triggering the sprinkler system.
We had to pack all of our things and relocate to another room. I had no complaints about the new room as it was just as the previous room and cleaned well.
I requested a partial refund and am in the process of seeing if that will happen.
After the issues described above were taken care of things were just fine.
Great location, nice and clean pool area, friendly staff.
Need to improve kitchen stock (not enough pot and pans).

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank girlzontherun
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Paid top dollar to be ocean front. Walk in room and it was never cleaned, plus it is so beat up & worn down we couldn't believe it, called front desk and a housekeeper was sent over, she was extremely nice and spent an hour on our room but she would need an entire day to clean it properly. Resort advertised as having numerous amenities , only problem is they are ALL in another building. One ice machine & pool for this tower #4 and that's it, no vending, no staff Outer areas filthy. Every time I called the front desk for any kind of information the clerk told me "I don't know". Weakest point of this "resort" is housekeeping. Nothing has been cleaned properly for years, all corners caked with dirt, baseboards filthy,broken glass on floor, furniture worn and filthy some kind of "scooge" by where the garbage can sat, never got cleaned off. When we finally did get full housekeeping service the maid put the dirty filthy dustpan right on the kitchen counter, uhh what the????? They did offer another room but it was no better. Room looks like it was furnished from a garage sale. When I complained about condition they told me they just rent for owners and have no control over the condition of the room....... BULL! this is their building and their brand, I am sure they have some say over how the rooms are. Added bonus was the middle towers being torn down so we got to listen to construction every day, reservations made months in advance yet we were never notified of this. go to check to check out and find out what the discount we were getting and was told NOTHING, could have sworn the manager told me she would give us a break due to all the problems we had. I noted on my bill that we got a "free upgrade", never asked for upgrade, nor do I feel I got one. We will NEVER stay here again. If I could have found a similar room elsewhere we would have left but being peak season the reputable hotels were booked solid. The only good thing about this "resort" was the view, fabulous view on the ocean.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank EJLowerre
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Loved the location. Hotel was very nice and clean, rooms we're very clean and very spacious. Really enjoyed the poolside cabana bar. Bartender was rude but drinks were good. Perfect view of the ocean. Helpful staff .. Very fun vacation. Only problem was the wifi wouldn't work in the room & all pools beside one and the lazy river were closed for renovations which was understandable .. Would recommend and would definitely return ..

Dear Becky,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a nice review. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay. I am sorry to hear you did not like the bartender, unfortunately we just rent that hut out and do not supply it with employees. When you are ready to book your next trip you may contact me personally and it would be my pleasure to assist you.

Linea krob