“Loved it”

Ranked #109 of 207 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
baltimore
“Loved it”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

It was within walking distance to the strip, without being right on the strip. The room was clean. It was nothing fancy. It was decorated and designed like many other places I've visited in MB. For the price, on a holiday weekend. it was a little more reasonable than other places. The one bedroom suite had a total of 4 double beds (2 in the bedroom and 2 in the living room), which many places do not have. I enjoyed my stay. The 1st parking lot was always full and we had to use one of the second row lots, but as lond as we unloaded in front of the door, we had enough drivers in our party that someone could go park while the other took the bags up. The pool are area was nice and clean. So basically, since I've stayed many places in MB, I would definitely come back here since it made walking to and from the strip so much easier.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Linea K, Front Office Manager at Atlantica Oceanfront Resort, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for writing such a great review. I am thirilled you enjoyed your stay and your accomodation worked for your neeeds. When you are ready to book your next vacation do not hesitate to contact me. It would be my pleasure to assist you with your vacation needs.

linea.krob@atlantica-resort.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
Greenville, South Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

The room we were in was individually owned and booked through a 3rd party condo rental company, so I'm not sure if the room we were in is a fair representation of the actual hotel itself. However, the room we were in was so bad that I cried the minute I walked in (and I'm not a crier!) The smell was horrible, the windows were so foggy that I could barely see the ocean through them, and the furniture was so dated and dirty that I took every blanket I could find to make a slipcover for the couch before I'd let anyone sit on it. The toilet had pink & black rings in it and the murphy bed mattress had so many stains on it that I took the remaining sheets and towels left in the room to build as big of a barrier between us and the mattress as I could (there was no way I was letting one of my children sleep on that mattress!). Once out on the balcony, the view to my right was that of 3 abandoned buildings with 3 nasty green pools. To get to the amenities of the "resort", we had to walk by these 3 empty buildings. Needless to say, the very next morning when the office opened, I contacted the 3rd party condo rental company and we cancelled the remaining trip and moved to a much nicer place a few miles up the road. Again, I don't know if the entire hotel is like this or if we just got a dump that an individual owner refuses to sink any money into. What I do know, however, is that I will never stay here again.

1 Thank SCfam
Dear Guest,

I am so sorry to hear about your stay. I can speak on behalf of all the units that are on our rental program that none are like your description. Unfortunatly if they are not on our program we cannot assit with any issues you might have. We would like for you to give us another chance the next time you are in town. You may book directly thru me to ensure your stay meets all of your expectations.

Travellers are raving about these Myrtle Beach hotels

Pacific, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

Good experience, currently undergoing renovations and construction, pool is not working yet in one of the buildings but they will pick you up and drive you to the building with the working pool (just a short walk anyway). Great view of ocean and right on the ocean.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Linea K, Front Office Manager at Atlantica Oceanfront Resort, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to tell us how your stay was. I am glad to hear our staff was so friendly. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest staff on the beach. I am sorry to hear you were not overly impressed with your accomodations and the construction. By the year 2016 we should have our new building up and if you are willing to give us another shot I am sure we would be able to exceed your expectations. You may contact me personaly to book your next stay.

New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

We stayed in a 2 bedroom condo. One room had a queen bed, the other a king. The bedroom with the king bed needed maybe a queen; too big of a bed for such a small space. The bathrooms were also small with no counter space.

The Pros: Great location. It is next to the boardwalk and Sky Wheel. Arcades, stores and bars are all in walking distance. It is right on he beach and all rooms are facing the ocean. Housekeeping is very sweet and when we needed something, they were there to re-stock.

The Cons: Room 251 (where we stayed) is in major need of an upgrade. It is your typical shore condo...if the setting took place in the 70's. The balcony is small and no smoking is allowed (my husband smokes cigars, so he had to walk to the beach to enjoy one.) the place itself isn't worth the money ($230/night). Although the wrecking ball destroying the building next door was fascinating, it was a little bit of an eye-soar and made me wonder why it couldn't be done off-season.

Would I stay there again? If I were to go back to Myrtle Beach, probably not; I'd want to see what else is out there.

Room Tip: Rooms are designed differently. We looked in one room that had up to date equipment and nice furnitu...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Linea K, Front Office Manager at Atlantica Oceanfront Resort, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us how your stay was. It is nice that you found pro's and con's. Being that we are homeowner condo's yes each one is different. I do apologize about the consruction. Our target is getting our new building up by 2016 and this includes a water park and parking deck.If you do come back to Myrtle Beach and would like to come back give me a call and it would be my pleasure to accomodate your stay.

Atlantica-Resort
Troy, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

This hotel was so bad, my daughter actually cried when we walked into the room!! We had to climb over trash bags in the narrow hall to get to our room. They said on the phone it was undergoing renovations. What they failed to mention was that renovation was actually demolition. We sat on the beach and watched the wrecking ball!! The bathroom mirror was broken, chairs were completely stained and the paint was peeling off the table. Thank God we are only staying one night!!! It is definitely not as pictured on their website!!!! They should be ashamed of what they charged for the room!!!!

• Stayed July 2014
3 Thank Debbie S
Dear Debbie,

Thank you so much for taking the time to tell us how your stay was. I am sorry to hear you had so many issues. I would like to hear more about your stay when you get a chance.

Columbia, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

The hotel staff was friendly to our satisfaction. Their price fit our budget. The only con was we needed housekeeping assistance because we didn't want to leave the room a mess. I don’t think one is offered unless you request one. This is a great hotel spot for families.

Room Tip: The ocean view is great here. We chose one in the middle.
1 Thank Corindeni
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know how your stay was. It is great to hear you and your family enjoyed your self so much. We do tried to pride ourselves as being the friendliest staff on the beach. When you are ready to book your next vacation let me know and it would be my pleasure to assist you.

Raleigh, North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

Checked into room #803 at approximately 11:45 am on Saturday, May 17. (side note: We were scheduled to check in another room later that day, but a representative at the Atlantica Hotel told us that she had an identical room already cleaned and available and that we could check in now.)
Upon entering the room, we immediately noticed the blanket folded over on the right-side bed, the microwave was left opened with the microwave plate on the stove, there was two uncleaned glass cups in sink, the cabinets were left opened, there were utensils inside of a tray left on the counter top (please see photos below).
Within 10 minutes of being in the room, the housekeeper knocks on the door and explains that she still has to finish cleaning the room, and my fiance advises her that we are leaving in 5 minutes and she tells him that she will return to finish the job in 15 minutes.
When we finally returned to our room around 5:15 pm, we noticed that none of the cleaning had been done. Therefore, we called the front desk, where they advised us that house keeping had gone home for the day. The individual we spoke to offered to supply us with extra linen and a blanket.
Instead, my fiance and I went to the front desk to inquire about a room change because we paid for a clean room, not a partially cleaned room or a room that we needed to clean ourselves. However, the staff explained that all of the rooms had been booked, and that we would need to wait until the morning to speak with the Guest Services Manager about getting our money back, which obviously meant we would need to stay in this hotel since they weren't giving us our money back to go elsewhere. Rives and Troy were very helpful, and they did make sure that someone cleaned the room and changed the linen that evening, but we were asked to leave the room for a second time while the job was being completed, which was around 6 30 pm (hours after our check-in).
That following morning the Guest Services Manager, Linea Krob, gave us the run around and advised us that she would handle the situation promptly. One of the staff members advised me that the housekeeper lied about the situation and told the housekeeping director that we told her that we would clean the room ourselves. In all, the hotel management promised to resolve the problem within a few days. After we returned to NC, they ignored all of our calls and emails and made no attempt to rectify the situation. DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME or MONEY!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple