“So much to do, great for a family!”

Compass Cove Oceanfront Resort
Ranked #33 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
GreenLeadersBronze level
“So much to do, great for a family!”
Reviewed 16 June 2011

We stayed at Compass Cove June 2011. we loved all the pools and activities. Even when the hotel was crowded the pools didn't seem to crowded, because there are so many options. We enjoyed the restaurant for lunch a few days. They even let you call it in to pick up so it's ready right away. We stayed in the Pinnacle tower in an effiecency suite. Lots of room for a family with two young children. The only complaint about the rooms was the carpets needed shampooed. Our feet stayed black from the dirty carpet. We did have spotty wireless connection, but we called the front desk and they reset the router and seemed to help. My kids loved the submarine pool! Great for my 2 year old and my 7 year old made lots of friends! Such a fun family hotel, we will be back :)

3 Thank Tlenz

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,151)
Reviewed 14 June 2011

The Pinnacle building is just great. We have been going twice a year since 2006. The Crow's nest (Pub/night activities )are just great.Music,food,entertainment are all at fair price. The water features and the Tiki hut are just great--Staff is always around to help--and keep excellent security ---Great location--rooms are modern --clean--management goes out of their way to make all or stays special--This place is the best kept secret on the beach.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
9 Thank JaneCav
Toronto
Reviewed 13 June 2011

We stayed here with our 2-year old and found it to be perfect for us! The layout of the room was nice - separate bedroom so when she went to bed early or took a nap, could still hang out in the living area or balcony without disturbing her.

So many pools to keep her occupied! Had a great time in the various heated outdoor pools/lazy rivers/wading pools and she loved the kids wading/splash pool! On days when it was a bit cooler, it was great to have the indoor pool and indoor lazy river. So great being right on the beach too! Took a morning walk every day and my daughter had great fun looking for shells, digging in the sand and splashing in the waves!

Only negative was that our room was close to the elevators/ice machine so could be a little loud when trying to go to sleep. If I ever return I will definitely ask where the room is located beforehand!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank Pupaloo
Hodges, SC
Reviewed 13 June 2011

We were guest at the Compass Cove June 8-12 2011. We stayed on the 2nd floor of the Pennicale Building. We had a great room, very clean and a great view of the pool, also some ocean view. What makes this resort really stand out to me and my family is what happened on our second day at the beach. My husband and 2 daughters ages 6 and 9 were at the beach. My 6 year old got turned around on the beach and got lost..within the 2 min. that it took us to realize she wasn't with her sister and had come up to get her shoes,...she was no where in site...I went to the life guard and the search began... my mother in law went to the hotel just to make sure she had not gone there.... THESE PEOPLE WERE AWESOME..the hotel was put on lock down, maids were going room to room, the maintance crew was on the beach looking for her...even the resturants were locked and they were looking as well... Thank goodness she was found about 45 minutes later way up the beach... but they staff at the Compass Cove went above and beyond to help find my baby. I will be staying here again in the future! Thank you to all the emplyess who searched for my baby... I was so greif stricken at the time, I never got names of the men I encounted on the beach... but Thanks to everyone.

11 Thank Mattismom13
Charlotte NC
Reviewed 13 June 2011

Just came back from a weekend getaway with the family and overall it was a great stay! We stayed in an oceanfront suite which was clean and comfortable. The housekeeping staff was friendly. The hotel has lots of fun water areas- some of the water was a bit chilly which was surprising for how hot it has been. The wi-fi worked fine and there was always staff around. The beach location is great. We were able to get parking in the garage attached to the hotel which was nice as well. The one downside was the elevators- they were a bit slow. It would also be nice to have a shower area somewhere to rinse off and change without going back upstairs. We will be back again!!!

6 Thank alc0402
New Matamoras, Ohio
Reviewed 7 June 2011

Sure it is easy to get on tripadvisor and give a top notch resort a bad review but I am here to give everyone a glimpse of a life experience. We stayed at Compass Cove and was robbed, yes everyone says it won't happened to them. We took every precaution, our money was in the safe, a hotel employee found the hidden key that was locked in my mothers suitcase and got into the safe and stole our money, making us end our trip and return home within 36 hours of getting to Compass Cove. We went through all proper chains of authority and ended up talking to the property owner and he more of less told us it was our fault and we never did receive any refund except for the room rates for the week. That alone did not leave us with any spending money to eat or spend for the week, because our credit cards were canceled in fear that the hotel employee had gotten our numbers, since she had invaded our privacy. They did offer us some meal tickets for their restaurant downstairs but that was about 1/2 day later, a insurance claim with the hotel insurance was filed but nothing was ever received from that either. I asked for proof that it was filed but never received any more phone calls or paperwork, so I am doubting that said claim was filed. The worst is that we had a child with a birthday on the day of the burglary, we had plans to take him to the amusement park and on a dolphin cruise and his birthday plans were shattered, when we told hotel personnel of this, all we got is "we understand that you are upset". Good luck to anyone staying here, and I pray that what happened to our family never happens to yours. I agree that the facility is probably a wonderful place to stay, wish we would have gotten to experience it. I doubt this review gets to stay on tripadivsor, its not often you see negative results posted like this. But if anyone would like proof I have the police reports I could share.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
22 Thank tramatic10
Reviewed 6 June 2011

This place is great. The staff is friendly. Accommodations are ample and wonderful location. If I had so give a negative point it would be the pools are chilly. But that is the only part that needs improvement. Overall a great place to stay..

• Stayed June 2011