“EXCELLENT STAY”

GreenLeadersBronze level
West Jefferson, NC
“EXCELLENT STAY”
Reviewed 4 October 2011

This was the second time we had stayed at Compass Cove. The place is like a home away from home. The rooms are very well kept and roomy. We have stayed oceanfront and ocean view both we great. The breakfast buffet is wonderful also. We will be back for sure. All the staff was very helpful and nice.

5 Thank Kimberly W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,151)
Cary, North Carolina
Reviewed 3 October 2011

I just returned from a stay at Compass Cove (in the Schooner Building) and only have positive things to say about the resort. This was my first visit but won't be my last. We had an ocean view suite that was nicely updated and very clean. Every employee that I came in contact with went about and beyond what was expected of them. Pools and grounds were clean and everything looked very well maintained. Food and service at the Compass Rose restaurant was excellent. Some of the other reviews state that their rooms weren't updated....these are individually owned so I if you don't get a room you're happy with I encourage you to try to switch or maybe request an updated room when you make a reservation. I've stayed at a lot of places in Myrtle Beach and this was by far the best experience I've had. Also seemed like a better crowd than some other places I've stayed.

Room Tip: Request an updated room.
6 Thank jenny929
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 3 October 2011

was there for a quick weekend, to enjoy Myrtle Beach, and take in some sites- this hotle is well placed- great location. My room was oceanfront, and I enjoyed every minute of staring into the ocean, and hear waves crashing.
The hotel was clean, staff was awesome, and check in - check out was an enjoyable experience.
My room allowed me to cook, with great kitchen, and the beds were comfy.
So much to do on the premisis, and I enjoyed hot tuib, sauna, gym, and food and drinks!
I felt welcome, and I felt I was important to the staff at compass cove. I'll be back. Anytime I head back to Myrtle beach, I'll be staying at Compass Cove!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
6 Thank RelaxedTraveller_39
Frenchburg, Kentucky, United States
Reviewed 3 October 2011

Compass Cove is the perfect vacation destination. We have stayed there twice and wouldn't stay at another hotel if we had to. We use the 3 bedroom condo and we love it. The staff is very friendly and Carissa Moreno was a huge help in making our reservations! Check in & out was a breeze. Access to the beach is perfect and all the different pools are wonderful. The rooms, hallways, elevators and pool areas are clean and inviting. Doc, the bartender at the Tiki Hut, is very good at his job and friendly! We love Compass Cove!!!

Room Tip: I can't speak for other rooms...we have only stayed in the three bedroom but they are quiet and...
4 Thank PDDSJLC
Valdese, North Carolina
Reviewed 3 October 2011

I was tempted to write a terrible review because my wife and I want Compass Cove all to ourselves. We have nothing but good things to say about our experience.
The staff was incredible. Starting with the lady who accepted our reservations on the phone and helped us get the best rate to the front desk and maintenance people, every one was friendly and so helpful. We wanted to be able to sleep late and usually a "Do Not Disturb" sign means there will be no cleaning that day, but that was not the case here. We didn't leave the room most days until after noon, but when we came back the room was spotless.
The room was very nice. The bed was very comfortable. The mini kitchen with full size appliances was wonderful.
The pools, hot tubs, and lazy river were incredible, very accessible, clean, and well maintained.
The beach area was beautiful and easy to get to and from.
I can imagine that during the summer this place is probably packed. However, we were able to go during a time of year that crowds were not a problem.
We can't wait to go back. Next time, we might even take our kids.......NOT!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank pastorking
Tinley Park
Reviewed 30 September 2011

My husband and I both thought this resort was excellent for the money spent for a mid September vacation. (Hint prices went way down after Labor Day) Excellent location and excellent service. Lots of pools and jacuzzis. We stayed in an oceanfront efficiency. Room was a little out dated but very clean. Balcony was large with a beautiful view. Very nice beachfront property.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank bearsfan895
Fairbanks, Alaska
Reviewed 29 September 2011

This place is great and the only thing better is the incredible staff. I cannot wait to come back here!!!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with friends