“Great experience!!”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Baytown, Texas
“Great experience!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2011

My mom and I spent the week here in late September. We found it to be clean, friendly and was everything we had hoped for in a resort. I highly recommend it and would love to stay there again. I found none of the bad reviews to be true. Make sure you check out the Crow's Nest Lounge in the main building. Loved it!!! Feel free to ask me questions. mcarroll39@aol.com

Room Tip: if you are a quiet person, make sure to ask for the 3rd or fourth floor. (You can still hear the oce...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank Margaret C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,118)
Hendersonville, NC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2011

This was our first stay at Compass Cove, and we had a great time! The property is large and has so many water attractions that even on a busy weekend, it doesn't feel crowded.
We also enjoyed having a couple varieties of restaurants to enjoy. The breakfast seemed a little pricey so we skipped, but our dinner in the Crows Nest was very enjoyable, reasonable, and we had great service.
The room was large and clean with a perfect view. Overall, we got everything we asked for in our stay... relaxation and fun!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank Bennett21
Clayton, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2011

No coffee even though a coffee maker is provided; overall a great and clean place to stay; no room service, even from the restaurant attached to the building; extremely clean and very good customer service

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
Fayetteville, NC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2011

This is the first time we stayed at the Compass Cove. We stayed in the Pinnacle Tower, one bedroom Oceanfront End Suite. It had a bedroom with two double beds, kitchen with full size refrigerator, microwave, toaster, oven, stove and granite counter tops, and a living room with murphy bed and fold out sofa. It also had a very nice oceanfront balcony. The room was clean upon arrival. We arrived a few hours before check-in and our room was not ready for us. The man who checked us in was very friendly and gave us access cards and arm bands so we could go ahead and use the pools and parking. He let me know that all I had to do was call the front desk around 3pm to find out if the room was ready and what the room number would be (even said "so you don't have to come back down here.") So around 3pm, I called the front desk and was told I had to come back down to the front desk area to have my cards (keys) re-keyed for the room. I was also told that they could not give me the room number over the phone for security reasons. When I went back to the front desk to get my room number and cards re-keyed, I had to wait about 15 minutes in line (again). And never once did the man helping me ask to see identification. So much for security! The remainder of the stay was pretty good. The kids had a great time in the pools and on the slides. The only issue with the pools was that there was a group of about 10 teens jumping and throwing tubes at each other in the lazy river. I saw parents with small children leaving the lazy river because the teens were so wild and screaming loudly. The signs up clearly stated that each person must be on a tube and floating in the lazy river. Never once did I see a pool attendant to address the problem. Thank goodness there were other lazy rivers that I was able to take my children. I would go back to Compass Cove but not sure it would be my first choice in Myrtle Beach.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank jetsettersb
Ringgold, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2011

I've stayed at Compass Cove several times and I love it! It's clean, employees are extremely friendly and helpful. It's right on the beach/easy access. I've never stayed anywhere better!

Room Tip: Higher floors seem quieter.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank Anita30736
Charleston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2011

My husband and I had a friend recommend Compass Cove so we decided that we would try it. We've only been to Mrytle Beach a couple of times even though we only live 2 hours away. After staying at the Compass Cove and enjoying everything they had to offer and the great service, we will definently come back more often. We stayed the first few days of October and the weather was great and the crowds were gone so the parking was wonderful everywhere we went. I give Compass Cove 5 stars!

Room Tip: higher floors have better view and are quieter. Elevators are quick and easy.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
6 Thank dp63
Hamilton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2011

we took our whole family to compass cove this year. We had a suite with 3 bedrooms and a junior suite with 2 bedrooms. We have a fantasdtic time. the resort had everything that you would want and then some. We were 5 adults and 4 kids the oldest was 12 and the youngest was 3. A great time for every one. We will most definately stay there gain.

Room Tip: chose ocean front
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled with family