“Great resort”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Detroit, Michigan
“Great resort”
Reviewed 30 April 2012

We purposely went in April after spring break and before the bikers in May. The resort was not busy and we had no problem securing a lounge chair by the pool. We were very satisfied with the pools and hot tubs. This resort is good for adults, although the kids have a tendency to hog the pools and lazy rivers. I like that access to the beach is very close and easy. Our only gripe is that the WiFi did not work in our room, nor at the pool near us. We had to be within 50 yards of the main office to get any WiFi. Yes, we complained and they ~said~ they rebooted the router near our room. But nothing worked.
We never ate at the restaraunts and I don't think they were even open.

Room Tip: We had a ground floor suite which opened to the pool area. Great for access, but privacy was comprom...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank MsEmmaBristol
Sarah C, Manager at Compass Cove Oceanfront Resort, responded to this review, 3 May 2012
Dear MsEmmaBristol,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. We here at Compass Cove greatly appreciate the time you spent sharing your experiences while vacationing at our resort. It is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed the many water amenities we have to offer on property as well as the direct access to the beach. I would like to apologize that you experienced problems with our Wi-Fi. We are currently undergoing changes to our system in an attempt to improve connection speeds. Our Pinnacle and Mariner buildings are almost complete, while we are currently adding more routers to the Schooner building. We are also in the process of adding a Business Center so that you may have direct access to a computer and printer. I apologize again for this inconvenience and for the fact that our Business Center was not yet operational for you to take advantage of. I would like to say thank you again for choosing to stay with us at Compass Cove and hope to see you and your family again soon.

scornell@compasscove.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,150)
West Virginia
Reviewed 29 April 2012

This was the second time we have stayed at Compass Cove. Our room was in the Pinnacle building, 14th floor with an awesome view. Both stays here have been a great experience. Very friendly staff, the lady cleaning our room has been the friendliest we have ever encountered. We did have a few issues concerning what cooking utensils we had in our efficiency. We did not have a frying pan but was brought one up several minutes after letting the front desk know. We also ran out of toilet paper and was brought some up promptly. The front desk also called both times to make sure we got what we needed and to make sure there was nothing else they could do for us. The ladies working in the bar were also very friendly, my son was in and out of there all week getting ice cream. We have stayed in a variety of beach hotels/motels and this is our absolute favorite place to stay. The value is excellent, the variety of pools/water attractions is awesome and the view is to die for!

Room Tip: Pinnacle Building, 14th Floor is our favorite!
3 Thank evansbeachmommy
Dear evansbeachmommy,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at Compass Cove Oceanfront Resort. It is wonderful to hear that you and your family enjoyed another great stay with us. I’m sorry you experienced a few issues during your stay but I am glad we were able to remedy them for you in a timely manner. We do our best to make sure you have everything you need to make your stay comfortable and enjoyable. Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Compass Cove and we all hope to see you and your family again soon. Have a happy Mother's Day!

Fort Wayne, IN
Reviewed 29 April 2012

My family and I stayed here for a week while on vacation. We have 2 kids ages 4 and 2. This hotel was great for them, my daughter loved the kiddy pool with the submarine that she coulds play on. Myself and my wife loved the heated pools and the lazy river. The location is great, about 10 min from outlet shopping, the boardway at the beach is about 10 min. away also. I would stay here again for sure. The rooms were cleaned daily and the staff was very nice. They went out of there way for my daughter and made her a key card for the room, she is 4 and was crying because we wouldn't get her a card. They put the key card in an envelop and personalize it with her name on it. She was so excited about that. The only complaint we had was they didnt change the bed sheets the whole time we were there. We only know that because my son cut his knee and it bled on the bed sheets and the stain was there the whole time. If you stay here stay in the pennicle building it is the nicest of the 3 buildings, although the schooner builder has the water slides in it. All and all we were pleased and will stay here again when we visit Myrtle beach again.

• Stayed April 2012
4 Thank Dank94
Dear Dank94,

Thank you for taking a moment to share your positive experiences while staying with us at Compass Cove Resort. It is nice to hear that you all enjoyed the location of our resort as well as the many pools, lazy rivers, and hot tubs that we have to offer. I am also happy to hear that our Front Desk staff was able to please your daughter by giving her her very own room key! I can only imagine how excited she must have been! I would however like to apologize that the sheets in your room were not changed during your stay. I realize that this is an inconvenience and assure you that the Housekeeping Director is aware and is taking steps to prevent oversights like these in the future. We take pride in the cleanliness of our resort because we know that it is important to the comfort of our guests. I would like to thank you again for choosing to stay at Compass Cove Resort, and hope to see you and your family again soon.

Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 29 April 2012

I stayed with the family for a week, just checking out yesterday morning. The condo in the Pinnacle building was spacious, with an ocean view and was quite clean. The only issues were our stove which blew up, shooting sparks, and then after they fixed it, it couldn't get hot enough to boil water. The washing machine worked but the dryer was just like the stove, it wouldn't dry the clothes so we had to go to the laundry room on the third floor and pay to dry our clothes. That was upsetting. Otherwise, the beach and pools were wonderful. I don't recommend the food at the Crow's Nest but the drinks were great. I was most impressed with the number of pools, saunas, indoor pools, lazy rivers, and jacuzzi's. I had a great time.

Room Tip: 1017 needs the dryer and stove fixed.
4 Thank StacyHBrooklyn
Raymond, Maine
Reviewed 25 April 2012

This property is very well maintained. This is not the place to go, unless you are bringing young kids. Your kids will love the place. Many heated pools and hot tubs. Right on the ocean. Very clean. Breakfast buffets are never high on my list of places to eat; However, the buffet at Compass Cove is pretty good. Fast service and the food is good. I mentioned to my wife that I thought the air conditioner was a little loud. She replied that she liked it that why because it drowned out my snoring. I guess that is the worst thing that I can say about the place. LOL

3 Thank sootmonkey
Sarah C, Manager at Compass Cove Oceanfront Resort, responded to this review, 27 April 2012
Dear sootmonkey,

Thank you for taking a moment to share your positive experiences during your recent stay with us at Compass Cove Resort. I am so happy to hear that you and your family enjoyed the many amenities that we have to offer. I will be sure to pass along your positive comments about the Compass Rose to the servers, hosts, and cooks. We always try to go out of our way to recognize our staff when they are complimented. Thank you again for commenting as your feedback lets us know what we are doing right and where we need to improve. We hope to see you and your family again soon!

Frostburg, MD
Reviewed 24 April 2012

This review is long over due, but better late than never! My family and I have been vacationing in Myrtle Beach, SC for the past 15 years. We first stayed at Compass Cove six years ago and since finding this excellent resort we it has been our home away from home every year in September. We have always had superior customer service from the reservation specialists, management, housekeeping and bartenders. Check-in is always a breeze, thank goodness! After driving ten hours to get there with two children we are ready to relax. My children ages 6 & 4 love all the pools available to them especially the submarnie and the water slides. We always stay in the Mariner building, so I can't speak for the other two, but our room is cleaned daily, trashes taken out & towels replinished. We have never had to put anything away like jewerly, very trustworthy staff!! The only complaint I have is that I wish there was an outside "Tiki" bar on both sides of the resort a shorter walk from the beach to get a drink would be awsome.

We again stayed this past September 10-17, but hours after our arrival my grandfather, who was with us, had a massive heartattack while in the parking garage at the resort. Several staff members came to our assistance gave my grandmother and mother directions to the hospital, blocked off the elevators for him & to take me up to him. Thanks to their assistance getting help to him quickly & the wonderful EMTs my grandfather (now with a pacemaker) is still with us and was able to join us for the last two days of the vacation. We received calls regularly from Management inquiring about his status and asking if they could do anything for us. The staff of Compass Cove truely went above and beyond!!!!! Thus, we can not wait to go back again this year & by the grace of god with my grandfather. See you in September!

Room Tip: Condos in the Mariner building are wonderful! The higher the better view & peaceful.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank LSSimpson
Dear LSSimpson,

Thank you for reviewing your latest stay with us at Compass Cove Oceanfront Resort. It is so nice to hear that we have provided you and your family with a fun and enjoyable vacation year after year. I am glad that our quick-thinking staff was able to assist you and your family when your grandfather needed medical assistance during your recent stay. I cannot imagine how difficult this must have been as you had just arrived on vacation. I am so happy we could help you, and it is wonderful to hear that your grandfather is doing well! We look forward to seeing you all again in September and showing you the enjoyable vacation you have come to expect from us. Thank you again for choosing to stay at Compass Cove and have a warm Spring!

Warm wishes,

Ansonia, Connecticut, United States
Reviewed 24 April 2012

Compass Cove is an outstanding 5 star hotel/condo that has everything you could ever wish for! Beautiful water front views from your 2 decks, 3 beautiful large bedrooms, extremely clean and well maintained FULL kitchen and 2 bathrooms..plus a washer and drier, 4 TVs, free wi-fi and so much more!

Room Tip: Definitely spend the extra bucks and get an ocean side room. The beautiful views from your decks ar...
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank Missy L
Dear Missy L.,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Compass Cove Resort. We appreciate your comments as they help us improve our resort for you, our guest. It is nice to hear that you and your family enjoyed all of the space and amenities that our 3 Bedroom Condo has to offer. We are so glad you chose to stay with us and we hope to see you all again soon! Have a great day.