We make the drive from Oshawa (near Toronto) to Myrtle Beach every year in October for a golfing vacation. We stay at Compass Cove every year, and it's always great. This year we noticed several improvements. The front desk opened up an extra section so that they can check in guests more quickly. The staff is really friendly. Every single staff member we passed, never hesitated to say hello, or hold a door open. The poolside lounge chairs, tables and umbrellas are new, and the landscaping is impressive. The fountain is gone from the front parking area which makes it much easier to unload luggage and bring it in the front door of the lobby. The Compass Rose, as usual, gave us excellent, friendly service every morning. Jennifer, Tammy, Betty Ann, Peggy, etc. are friendly and take care of all your needs. Paul, the Manager of the Compass Rose is just as friendly and approachable as his staff. The free dvd rental service for guests was a welcome addition. We had no problems with the wifi signal strength in the Pinnacle building. We have been making the journey to Myrtle Beach since 1986 at least once a year and sometimes twice and the Compass Cove is one of the best places we have stayed. The last few years we have been coming with a group comprised of golfers whom we take care of. We deal directly with the Golf Department regarding reservations, tee-off times, etc. We find the staff, Jeannie, to be helpful, efficient and a joy to work with. Our group really enjoys the special night that the Compass Cove provides for the golfers. The assistance we receive from the Golf Dept. goes above and beyond our expectations. We have already tentatively booked rooms for 2014 when we will bring another group of golfers to this location.
Stayed at the Compass Cove October 19th until November 6th.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A family favorite, conveniently located near the heart of Myrtle Beach, The Compass Cove Oceanfront Resort has been entertaining the Grand Strand and Myrtle Beach area visitors for generations. Accommodations include one, two & three bedroom condos, efficiencies and suites along 720 feet of oceanfront beach. Compass Cove is known for its array of amenities including their 23 pool features. Race down 2 water slides, splash about in 6 indoor and outdoor pools, relax and drift down 3 indoor and outdoor lazy rivers, soak away your worries in several jacuzzi hot tubs, and much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Hotels.com, HotelsClick and Ebookers so you can book your Compass Cove Oceanfront Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Compass Cove Oceanfront Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Swamp Fox Myrtle Beach
- Hotel Compass Cove Oceanfront