We have stayed in the Mariner Tower Condos many times and continue to have the same issue every time we're there. The condos are very poorly stocked with items that should be in the kitchen. This time, in Unit 1017, we had no frying pan, 1 pot, and no pans or baking sheets. However, there was a wok, which is absolutely ridiculous and not a substitute for a frying pan. For a family of 8 paying good money to stay here, I feel that the management of Compass Cove needs to conduct an inventory of each unit following checkout and then replace whatever is missing. As someone familiar with condo rental programs, I am aware that there is a list of what each owner is supposed to have stocked in each unit. In the six years we've been staying at Compass there has been nothing done about this issue, and I think we've had two condos that were adequately stocked. I complained to the front desk and was assured that the basic items would be sent to our unit, but that never happened this time, or any other time. As an owner, I would be embarrassed if I received a review like this one. I saw housekeeping personnel on the elevator delivering brand new sets of pots to other condos and even asked if we could get some. She enthusiastically answered yes, took our condo number and never came with our supplies.
We stay at Compass because of the proximity to the beach, the great tiki bar, pools and restaurant, and that's why we've managed to continue to make do with the lack of basic supplies. It's a simple fix and one that I hope the management and owners take care of.
Perhaps the best part of our Compass Cove experience this year was our housekeeper, Davina. She is a wonderful and caring employee who did a great job at keeping our condo clean and stocked with towels, shampoo, dish soap and all of the other essentials. In addition to that, Davina has a bright, funny and enthusiastic nature and we just adored her! From talking with her and observing her, it's clear to us that Davina has an excellent work ethic and the people skills that are needed to work in the hospitality industry. Our family can't say enough great things about Davina!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A family favorite, conveniently located near the heart of Myrtle Beach, The Compass Cove Oceanfront Resort has been entertaining the Grand Strand and Myrtle Beach area visitors for generations. Accommodations include one, two & three bedroom condos, efficiencies and suites along 720 feet of oceanfront beach. Compass Cove is known for its array of amenities including their 23 pool features. Race down 2 water slides, splash about in 6 indoor and outdoor pools, relax and drift down 3 indoor and outdoor lazy rivers, soak away your worries in several jacuzzi hot tubs, and much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Compass Cove Oceanfront Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Compass Cove Oceanfront Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Swamp Fox Myrtle Beach
- Hotel Compass Cove Oceanfront