“Great place, definitely will return”

Compass Cove Oceanfront Resort
Ranked #35 of 207 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 14 September 2009

8 years running at the Compass Cove. Great staff, service and accomodations.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
6  Thank sandyjordan
Write a ReviewReviews (4,472)

Reviewed 14 September 2009

This is the third year in a row we have been to Myrtle Beach. This is the third year we have stayed at Compass Cove. We have never encountered any problems in staying here. Check in was a breeze, we even got in our room before 3pm, which was a blessing after traveing 9 hours with a 19th month old. Room was very nice and comfortable. We stayed in the King Suite which was very nice and allowed us to put our baby to bed and my husband and I could still hang out on the balcony and living room. View was absolutely the best from the 14th floor. Every corner we turned there was always a staff member cleaning. Every morning we seen the pool staff cleaning out the many pools and water attractions. Parking is a bit scarse but they do have parking across the street that is semi-secured since you have to have a room key to access the garage. We will definately be back to Myrtle Beach and when we go we will be staying at the Compass Cove!

6  Thank GilvinFamily
Reviewed 8 September 2009

First trip was taken with my daughter as a mother/daughter getaway 1st week in June. We stayed in the Schooner bld. in June and absolutley loved it there. I think it was on the 4th floor...it had a wet bar and full refrig, 2 double beds and a beautiful view of the ocean.

So, I decided to take a second trip with my husband for a week. We got an awesome price for 5 nights at the time of our reservations. Our plans were to stay in Charleston for a couple nights then go on to MB Aug.31-Sept 5th but, decided we'd drive on to MB after a day running around in Charleston. We didn't think we would be able to check in 2 days early but, the lady at the front desk went out of her way to get us a "sister" hotel that first night and we were able to check into Compass Cove Aug. 30th a day early.

Really the only complaint i have is .... i was rele disappointed in the Pinnicle bld. I had made the reservations months ago and had my choice of where to stay. I was orig. going to schedule the Schooner bld again but, only had to pay a little more for a full kitchen. Thought my hubby might want to eat in one night with fresh seafood....anyway, it was "ok".

I will def. go back again but, just not stay in the pinnicle bld. I will stay in the Schooner! Even tho we actually was upgraded to a suite this time I'd still choose the Schooner over the upgrade.

Parking.... i think it all depends on the time of yr. you go. It seemed alittle more difficult to find parking this trip but, nothing i'd strongly complain about. We had to park across the street a couple times but, felt completely safe. Oh!! the parking garages are small and hard to drive and park in. Again! the Schooner garage is much nicer and easier to get around in.

OVER ALL! We had a great time!!! We stayed Aug.29 - Sept. 5th. I will def. book with them again next year.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank cdtreadway
Reviewed 5 September 2009

We enjoyed our stay the Compass Cove and will stay there again!

We had no problems with the parking, sometimes we parked near the hotel others across the street. parking deck.

Our only issues were the checkin and unsupervised children. The checkin lobby is too small for a hotel the size of the Compass Cove, also our room wasn't ready. So we had to wait in another line just to get the key to the room. As for unsupervised children, that's more of a society problem than a hotel concern.

We loved the lazy rivers and jacuzzi's, and closeness to the beach!

The FREE wireless internet was a plus!

4  Thank ledzep1061
Reviewed 5 September 2009

First time visit for myself to Myrtle Beach, however the second for my wife and daughter. We also had our 9month old with us and he even enjoyed himself. The condition was very impressive, we witnessed first hand the early morning poolside cleaning by the resort staff, also the changing out of new mattresses with the old. The housekeeping was very considerate and honored all of our wants during our stay. We really had a great experience, everything was just excellent. We'll definitely visit Myrtle Beach again and when we do we're going to stay at Compass Cove.

5  Thank toniejack
Reviewed 5 September 2009

graet place to stay, clean comfortable great area nice views of the beach.will stay here again next year .they are afforable rates. what more can I say great place.

6  Thank sherriDurhamNc
Reviewed 4 September 2009

Last year we stayed in an oceanfront efficiency, this year we stayed in an oceanfront suite in the Pinnacle. We had an awesome view of the ocean(11th floor) which we absolutely loved. Plenty of room for us and the maids ALWAYS came and cleaned and kept up with supplies (towels, soap, etc.) I do have to agree with others the biggest downfall of this place is the parking, but you just kind of deal with it. I must say the staff is probably the most friendliest I have ever encountered. Marilyn at the front desk was so pleasant when I was making our reservations and she was very helpful as well. Sammy the maintenance man was great, he helped me with an umbrella that we had purchased from one of the local stores (the poles were the same size, so watch them when you buy them). The weather was perfect and the atmosphere was also. I would definately recommend Compass Cove, it was a real treat!

6  Thank luvthebeach2008