A friend who is a travel agent recommended Compass Cove to my wife who was planning a senior class trip. I went along as a chaperone. We stayed at the Mariner in a 3 bedroom condo on the eighth floor.
The condo was comfortable, clean and kitchen adequately equipped. Room service changed the towels daily. We had a view of the ocean from the balcony even though it was not directly facing the ocean. I had good signal from the wi-fi in the condo. The signal was unstable at times while I was sitting in the balcony. Signal quality is location dependent. Probably best if the location is above the rest of the buildings in the complex. One of the pools was closed the day after we arrived because of "water quality", the next day the pool was partially drained and refilled. I took this as a positive sign the facility was interested in maintaining the pools properly. The property was well maintained overall and nicely landscaped. Beach access was easy. The teenagers enjoyed the pools and spent almost every night after dinner in the lazy river. Can't comment about the food since we did not eat there.
We got a great price because we stayed the week before Memorial Day during the off season. There was plenty of parking and very little noise even though there were plenty of guests in the facility. We did not hear the people in the next condo and I am sure vice versa. (The teens did have the TV up a few times).
We had a positive experience throughout the week. The person who checked us in was friendly and helpful. My wife and I would like to bring our family for vacation in the near future. There was a "bike week" beginning the day before we left. Bikers riding sports bikes began arriving 1-2 days before so the noise level and traffic started to increase before the event began. The riders would cruise up and down Ocean Boulevard in groups pretty much all day. Police presence increased accordingly; one of our teens spoke with a biker who said the police ticketed another biker for going 2 mph over the 25 mile speed limit :) Keep this in mind as you plan your visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A family favorite, conveniently located near the heart of Myrtle Beach, The Compass Cove Oceanfront Resort has been entertaining the Grand Strand and Myrtle Beach area visitors for generations. Accommodations include one, two & three bedroom condos, efficiencies and suites along 720 feet of oceanfront beach. Compass Cove is known for its array of amenities including their 23 pool features. Race down 2 water slides, splash about in 6 indoor and outdoor pools, relax and drift down 3 indoor and outdoor lazy rivers, soak away your worries in several jacuzzi hot tubs, and much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Compass Cove Oceanfront Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Compass Cove Oceanfront Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Swamp Fox Myrtle Beach
- Hotel Compass Cove Oceanfront