My wife and I visited Compass Cove for our honeymoon (we stayed in room 1267). Check in was quick and front desk staff very knowledgable. When we first got to the room it was late so we were going down to the Crow's Nest bar for a few drinks and some food. My wife used the bathroom and when she flushed, water came out of the back of the toilet, called down to front desk and advised of problem. Before we could even get down to the elevator the maintenance man was already knocking on the door (less than 3 minutes). Other than that the room was WONDERFUL, oceanfront, free safe lock for valuables, flat screen tvs, clean, and a decent sized balcony with great view. Bar food/drinks were great (chicken philly is well worth the money). Crow's Nest has something going on almost every night. Tiki bar was very convenient, both bars have walk up access from the beach. We were extremely happy with the service we received from Taylor, one of the bartenders, he was very knowledgable and polite. Buy the souvenier cup and you get free soft drinks and $5 daquiris every day. The Compass Rose has great food and we received great service from a girl named Jennifer. Just make sure you order the buffet, ordering a la carte gets a little pricey. Pools, hot tubs, and other water attractions were always clean and well stocked with towels. All beds were clean and extremely comfortable. I read reviews of some hotels that compalin about slow elevators, this is not a problem here. Never had a problem with parking for the Pinnalce biulding, we parked in the lot on the hotel side every day but the first night because we got there late, but we pulled right up to the door and unloaded our stuff on to one of the carts that were waiting. We went out multiple times in the evenings and always came back and found good parking in the hotel side lot. All the exterior doors to the hotel except the front desk require a key card for entry (even the parking lot across the street) so it feels very safe. We were not able to use the Wi-Fi in the room but it worked perfectly down by the Compass Rose and the front desk, this was not too much of a problem because the only time we used it was to get directions and we just took it with us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A family favorite, conveniently located near the heart of Myrtle Beach, The Compass Cove Oceanfront Resort has been entertaining the Grand Strand and Myrtle Beach area visitors for generations. Accommodations include one, two & three bedroom condos, efficiencies and suites along 720 feet of oceanfront beach. Compass Cove is known for its array of amenities including their 23 pool features. Race down 2 water slides, splash about in 6 indoor and outdoor pools, relax and drift down 3 indoor and outdoor lazy rivers, soak away your worries in several jacuzzi hot tubs, and much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Compass Cove Oceanfront Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Compass Cove Oceanfront Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Swamp Fox Myrtle Beach
- Hotel Compass Cove Oceanfront