Message from TripAdvisor:

Review of Sea Watch Resort

Sea Watch Resort
Ranked #37 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

We left another resort and stopped in last minute and were lucky enough to get a 2 bedroom ocean front condo. Staff super friendly, property clean and pristine.

Oh, you must check out the Tikki bar and try their Voodo Juice :-)

I'm glad I found this hidden gem and will most definitely be back.

Perfect weekend getaway with my sister & daughter.

Stayed: May 2014
gsmsw, Front Office Manager at Sea Watch Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2014

Thank you so much for sharing your comments. We are so happy that your girls getaway weekend was enjoyable and relaxing for you your sister and daughter.. Being so close to some of the best shopping places in the Myrtle Beach area and our tiki bar is an added amenity for us that we are happy to have. We look forward to seeing you all again soon!
Guest service Manager

Reviewed 3 May 2014

Marvin has the experience , and personality to make the breakfast great. Any Resort could be proud to have him on board. My wife, and I hope he gets rewarded. He will have your choice
ready in a timely manner. You must know that the selection is well worth the cost of breakfast if it is not included with your room. Sea Watch will be our Myrtle Beach choice from now on. Donnie & Lottie Nolan Knightdale, N.C.

Room Tip: 809 served us well.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank Donnieand Lotti... N

Donnie & Lottie Nolan
Thank you for your warm words about Marvin. He is always ready to serve our guest with a smile. He was our employee of the month for August. We are privileged to have him as apart of our staff.
Guest service manager

Reviewed 3 May 2014

The is one of the nicest, well maintained hotels that I have ever stayed at. The staff was very friendly as well. The view from our 15th floor oceanfront room was amazing. Between both towers, there are plenty of pools and jacuzzis that none of them would ever be over-crowded. The breakfast brunch at the hotel restaurant was very good. The hotel gift shop/mini-mart had a little bit of everything. This was nice in case you forgot to pack something or needed something quickly.
The only complaint I have, is the location. There isn't much within walking distance of the hotel. If you are looking for a secluded hotel away from the boardwalk and Ocean Avenue, this place would be perfect. I myself, would prefer to have a few things within walking distance. That is my only complaint. Other than that, I couldn't have wished for a better hotel or better hotel staff. We had a great stay at Sea Watch!

Room Tip: I would recommend a room on one of the higher floors. It will give you a better view of the ocean a...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for your warm words especially about our staff being so friendly and helpful! We are so glad that you had a great stay and enjoyed our breakfast buffet. We look forward to seeing you and your family again soon

Reviewed 3 May 2014

Our family of 3 decided to take a last minute vacation to Myrtle Beach. I booked this hotel online and was happy to get an oceanfront room at a great price! The room was adequate and roomy for us. It was a bit dated, but still nice. The view was amazing! Our room overlooked the pools and the ocean. We can't comment on the beds, as we slept on the sofa and the pull-down Murphy bed in order to hear the ocean waves at night! The murphy bed was good...not the best mattress, but we didn't expect it to be.

The pool areas were great! The outdoor pool was heated and we took full advantage of it in April. The hot tubs were open to 11pm at night and we enjoyed those in the evening as well. Plenty of pool deck seating. The pool bar was ok. It was very expensive and should have served snacks/light lunch items. The bartender there was the only person who wasn't friendly. He talked me into getting our daughter a virgin pina colada and then charged me full price for it. Yikes!

All in all, the staff was very friendly and helpful. The servers at the breakfast buffet were extremely nice and went out of their way to make our daughter feel special!

We have stayed at other resorts closer to the heart of Myrtle Beach, but this location was even better! The area around the hotel was less congested, close to shopping, and close to activities. We will definitely stay here again!!

FYI, if you are looking for some fun activities to do while in Myrtle Beach....Pirates Voyage is awesome!!! A bit pricey, but definitely worth it. We all had a blast!!! Also, Wonderworks was perfect on our rainy day. It was very entertaining and we all enjoyed it very much!!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Thank you so much for sharing your comments. We are thrilled that you found us online and we hope to become your home away from home when you and your family vacation in Myrtle Beach. It really is great to be so close to everything such as shopping, attractions and restaurants. We look forward to seeing you all again soon!

Reviewed 28 April 2014

Old rooms, dated decor, hard mattress, ugly bedspreads, cheap furnishings, these are just a few of the disappointments awaiting you at the Sea Watch Resort in Myrtle Beach. Our room was in the North Tower and was totally disappointing. The only good thing was the view, it truly is oceanfront. I would recommend you go elsewhere.

Room Tip: Stay away from the North Tower.
1  Thank DeliciousD007
gsmsw, Front Office Manager at Sea Watch Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2014

Ddelious0007
I apologize for such a late response to your comment. I am sorry your visit was disappointing for you and your family in April. Did you speak with staff or management concerning the condition of your room? We try our best to accommodate our guest if we are aware of any issues or concerns. We only want to provide our guest with an outstanding vacation experience.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

I called at week in advance to book a room. When my husband and I arrived, we were able to check in early, and got an additional discount. The entire staff was extremely friendly and always acknowledged us. Our room was nice, the bed was comfortable and the room was very clean. The pools were clean and very nice; we were very comfortable. Parking was great, we did not have to park outside. Take advantage of the breakfast deal the Resort offers, a great breakfast, with great staff! We will definitely be returning!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

ACtruefriend
Thank you for submitting such nice words in your comment about your stay at Sea Watch Resort in April. I apologize for not responding sooner.. Our staff are willing to serve with a smile. It's great to hear that you and your husband enjoyed the resort. We look forward to serving your future vacation needs,

Reviewed 28 April 2014

Booked Mother Daughter weekend for April 26-27. I was running in a 5K and wanted to book a nice place on the beach. We had been looking forward to this for months. I saw the beautiful pictures on the website and decided on Seawatch. When we arrived we asked for a upper floor on the north tower (suggested by reviews). After getting our room number we asked if this was one of the updated rooms and was told "um..sure it is". We were on the 16th floor North Tower. When we walked in the bedroom was dark with outdated furniture and decor including a 1970's looking very worn orange comforter 2 cheap pillows. The kitchen and bathrooms had obviously not been updated as well in many years. We called downstairs and requested an updated room and were given another on the 10th floor. The view of the ocean was great but same bed and dark outdated bedroom. I called downstairs again and asked if there were any rooms with better beds and was told no. I then said that these rooms looked much different than the website and if this was the best quality of bed we could find we would not choose this location again. The representative told us "okay". The pool area was nice but no bathrooms around. Lots of kids and there was some garbage around the hot tubs but overall nice pools and nice tiki hut (great bar tender and mango margarita). We didn't see any pool towels so we had to use our beach towels both days. The drinks are a little pricey so if you are going to give this place a shot I would suggest bringing some of your own alcohol on the trip. The restaurant didn't have any seafood other than fried stuff so we ventured out for all of our meals. They are missing a golden opportunity here with the menu but that’s another story. The beach had trash on it and no option for chair or umbrella rental. We made the best of our weekend but overall I think this place is much more interested in selling timeshare condos than the upkeep of the hotel. I would not recommend it. for the price you can find a nice 3.5 to 4 star with friendly front desk customer service, quality beds and cleaner rooms.

Room Tip: Ask for a recently updated room upon check in and ask to see the room before you haul all of your su...
2  Thank Beachtravelerlz

Thank you for your comments and feedback on your stay at Sea watch resort in April. I apologize for not responding earlier. It is always disappointing to know that we did not meet the needs and wants of our guest. We try in every way possible to take care of our guest. We share the property with private and timeshare owners same property different companies we do not sell timeshare units on our side. We apologize for any inconveniences you accrued during your stay. If you decide to stay with us again in the future I would like to personally assist you with your reservation my direct line is 843-918-7308.
Thank You.