“Nice place for the adults not so much the teens”
Review of Sea Watch Resort

Sea Watch Resort
Ranked #37 of 207 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed 18 August 2014

My husband and I along with two teenage boys vacationed here from July 29-Aug 4, 2014. This is a very nice resort. The rooms are comfortable if not plush and the cleaning service was superb for us. The kitchen was well stocked and the view from the master bedroom and living room was beautiful. Now the other bedroom for our boys was positioned next to the outside hallway which I did not like but the boys did not mind. The breakfast buffet was very good and the service again was exceptional. The resort has lots of pools and even more hot tubs and we enjoyed them all! There is a pool party every other day and that was fun as well. The only draw back for us was there was very little for our teenagers to do. There is nothing I consider nearby for them to walk to and venture out on there own because this property is off the beaten path.You have to drive everywhere for entertainment and after a day at the pool/bar that is not always a good option for the adults. We used local cab services to go to Broadway at the Beach and the Boardwalk several nights and it was about $50.00 round trip. That really is my only "complaint". I think this is the perfect spot for a family reunion or an adult oriented event. This is not a plush luxury resort but it was nice. The master bed was a bit wobbly. It is especially beautiful at night because of all the pools and of course looking out at the ocean, The balcony is huge and comfortable sits eight or more people. Overall a very good vacation for the adults.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank 912TScott
Write a ReviewReviews (1,748)

Reviewed 18 August 2014

worst trip of my life! got to the hotel and had to wait in check in for almost 2 /12 hours when we could have been on the beach. finally got to our room and my sons room was moldy, musty and there were ants crawling everywhere. we called maintenance and turns out someone and stuck a beer can in the ceiling tiles. shouldn't this place be inspected. there were bugs everywhere and the cleaning lady was the worst she didn't vacuum, put new towels in the bathroom or anything. just made our beds. in fact i was doing most of the cleaning. what a waste on vacation time. it was not worth driving 11 1/2 hours to go to an old rundown hotel for a few weeks. then my daughter was sitting at the counter and the counter started peeling. it took them 50 minutes to come and fix it when they said it would only take 5. my husband went to the bathroom and the floor started to lift. we went for 12 days and they were way over priced. it is not worth your time and worth the money. there was so much noise that i thought the ceiling was going to cave in. the one night we stayed longer on the beach and kids started coming in from the trailer park to the north and south towers. we are never going back to this crappy resort!!!

Room Tip: there is a dj on thursday and a band on monday rooms on the side are quieter
5  Thank sue g
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Each room is individually owned, so you may have a really nice room and you may not. We stayed with a large group in 6 different rooms of all sizes and they were all really nice. They were all clean and well equipped. The pool facility is awesome. Numerous pools and hot tubs make it easy to find a spot to relax. Some pools are in the sun and some are undercover if you want to escape being scorched. Great access to the beach. Excellent security on the entire premise including the parking garages. The tiki bar makes good drinks and they weren't that outrageously priced. Tons of good restaurants and activities close by, many within walking distance (1 mile). My biggest complaints: The WIFI absolutely stinks!! We couldn't connect a single time the whole trip and neither could anyone else we talked to. The gym is pretty lame! The equipment is old and worn-out. Overall, we had a wonderful vacation and will definitely return.

Room Tip: The South Tower seemed much quieter. I wouldn't want to be on a lower floor in the North Tower.
5  Thank JetBlueDriver
Reviewed 15 August 2014

We checked in, Noticed the fridge had brown rust spots on it, and the tub was a dirty brown color. Called down to the front desk waited for about an hour some came to check it, then another person, then another person then finally someone to clean it. Once she was done cleaning it, the tub was white...THAT'S how dirty it was.
Then we had to wait another 40mins for them to come up and fix our safe. Wasted 2 1/2 hours of our trip that way
Then the wifi wasn't working, so we called. They transfered us to tech support. Found out lady speaking to the front desk no, they should have done that for us. Smelled like Mildew, a dead bug on the wall...cabinet lifting up..it was not ideal AT ALL.
Tried to do laundry but no one in the South Tower had change for the machines, had to go over to the North Tower for that, then only 2 washing machines and 1 dryer for all of South Tower and 1 washer was broken!
No bathroom facilities near the pool area... had to go up and around to the 2nd floor which was very inconvient with children and the bathroom was not kept clean.
We will deffinetly not be staying here again. We spent alot of money on that room and don't feel we got what was advertised to us.

6  Thank perrede
Reviewed 13 August 2014

I got a deal for this hotel, and let me tell you. I loved it. Words cannot express the feeling I got as I walk in into my king size suite with kitchen, a doable bed sofa and the double bed that was in the wall, plus the view. The hotel had lots of pools, hot tubs and a lazy river, plus a great bar. They were also a lot of activities for young children. In all a great place to visit. I recommend this to everyone.

Room Tip: Higher floors, Better view of the ocean.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank MayHV
Reviewed 12 August 2014

I strongly urge you to read this before going. I have never been the author of a negative review, and it pains me to do so now as I previously loved this hotel. The staff was unwelcoming and basically told me I was unimportant. The front desk staff does not know what customer service is and told me I was not important because I "should have checked in on Saturday" (exact words -we checked in on Sunday) and then told me that "most people make their reservations to stay there 13 months in advance" hence their complaints meant more than mine since I only booked six months in advance. This came from their guest services manager. Our room was in complete disrepair which included peeling wallpaper, a cracked microwave, exposed wires on a light fixture, a cracked hair dryer, mold on the balcony chairs, mold on the ceiling in the bathroom, clogged and not draining sinks and tubs, doors that were hung but did not take the time to paint/stain them, a wall that they attempted to patch very badly, a dirty mattress no one slept on, pillows stained so badly they should have been burned, and a noise from the unit above that could wake a zombie from the dead. The decor was so outdated I believe it was original to the hotel 16 years ago. Maybe I could have coped with a lackluster room if the staff had been pleasant. Every time we encountered a front desk representative they gave us the impression of "hey, we got your money what else do you possibly expect from us"! Quite the let down to say the least. After repeated stays here, I was so disappointed and left feeling mistreated and unappreciated as a guest. I could go on but I think you get the point. We were traveling with a large group of people with children who had not seen the ocean before. We had two rooms. If we had just the one room and no other family along, I would have checked out 20 minutes after arriving.

Room Tip: Don't count on your request being honored but I'd request the North Tower.
6  Thank OhioProud
Reviewed 9 August 2014

After 8 years we came back and it was worth it. The rooms were very good and the view was marvelous. We were on the 17th floor so we were far above the noise. Everything was great. The only complaint was in the Lazy River some of the bratty children don't read signs and their parents don't supervise. It plainly says "no swimming" but there were the usual spoiled children trying to swim when others are on the inner tubes.

2  Thank Pilgore