Message from TripAdvisor:

“Overall we were happy with our stay and will stay here again”
Review of Sea Watch Resort

Sea Watch Resort
Ranked #36 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
“Overall we were happy with our stay and will stay here again”
Reviewed 2 September 2014

We had a few issues but overall was happy with our accommodations. Had to have maintenance come spray ants in master bedroom, dishwasher door wouldn't lock therefore couldn't use it, Lazy River was very cold. The room was spacious enough for our group, loved having washer/dryer in the room. Loved the extra lock on balcony doors. Did feel the statement all rooms are oceanfront was a little misleading. Our room even though we had an unobstructed view was not in my opinion true ocean front, it was on the side. However we could sit on the balcony and enjoy the ocean view. Staff was overall helpful. Housekeeping did approach me three times the morning of checkout as we were coming in and out asking if we were out yet and we checked out well before the 11am checkout time.
We love this area, less crowded and more of a family atmosphere than the south Myrtle Beach area.

• Stayed August 2014
gsmsw, Front Office Manager at Sea Watch Resort, responded to this review, 10 December 2014
I apologize for the issues you had during your visit in September. You letting us know about your issues helps us to improve. I am happy that Overall you were happy with your stay and will stay at Sea watch resort again.
Guest service manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (413)
Pennsylvania
Reviewed 2 September 2014

We stayed at the North Tower on the sixth floor, it was a non-smoking room which had a heavy odor of smoke. While we sat on the balcony to enjoy the room, other guests were smoking on their balcony only for the wind to blow it back onto ours.

The dishwasher was very loose, the top was not fastened at all. So when I went to open it, the whole dishwasher teetered forward as if it were going to fall. I never called maintenance about it, I just didn't use it.

Their internet was useless. I needed to do some work on the internet, I successfully logged on like I could in any other hotel, but it never worked. It just kept buffering and was absolutely useless. I had to go to a coffee shop with wifi so that I could complete my work, while my other half laid by the pool.

By the end of the week the pool had a couple spots of surface scum that was never tended to.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BeeBeeinPA
Thank you for your comments and feedback on your visit to Sea Watch Resort in August I apologize for the issues with smoke, the dishwasher. the wi fi and any other issues you had during your stay with us. We try to assure that our guest have an outstanding vacation experience. We missed it. I hope you will allow us another chance to make this right. Please let us know if we can better serve you in the future.
Guest Service Manager
Greensboro, NC
Reviewed 30 August 2014 via mobile

This hotel is pretty awesome and it's affordable. No free breakfast, but apart from that we have never had a problem.

We almost got pickpocketed tonight, but that's not the fault of the hotel - just keep an eye on your things!

We really love it here!

Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Rachel S
Thank you for taking time to share your experience at Sea watch resort in August. im happy to know that you didn't actually have any of your belongings taken from you. We have a special called Beach and Breakfast, with that special you get two free breakfast tickets per day.
Raleigh
Reviewed 30 August 2014

We stayed at this resort in a 2 bedroom in the winter. My biggest complaint is the extra cost to use the exercise room. We were staying in a Wyndham timeshare. The resort is part hotel and part Wyndham Timeshare. Because we were part of the timeshare, we were expected to pay to use the exercise room. The location is wonderful. We were in a tower with a great view of the ocean. The activities were wonderful!! Best activities we have had in a long time. We did the duck race in the lazy river each day, and my daughter won once! We did the junk food bingo. We also participated in the scavenger hunt and the reception for Santa and Mrs. Claus. The movie selection for borrowing was great. It is really, really a great activities center with great workers. The master room had a king, the 2nd room had 2 full beds. The kitchen had dishwasher, microwave, stove, and full refrigerator. The room also had a washer/dryer. It had free wifi. There was an indoor pool, an outdoor lazy river and a few outdoor pools and outdoor hot tubs. It is a great resort! Next to the resort is an undeveloped area of the beach which is lovely for walking.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for your comments. Sea watch resort and Wyndham timeshare are two separate companies that share the same property. The exercise room is owned by the resort. It can be a bit confusing. If you would like to discuss this you can call me at 843-918-7308
High Point, North Carolina
Reviewed 28 August 2014

Stayed 5 days at the Sea Watch this month for the first time and it was wonderful. Beautiful outdoor area with many pools and hot tubs. Lovely beach. Beautiful room with real granite coutertop. Live entertainment around the pool during the day. The parking garage had more room than any I have seen. Special parking area for campers and folks pulling trailers (which we were). The staff was exceptionally nice and helpful. Fitness room was adequate. I didn't like the buffet breakfast but my husband did and I am pretty picky wtih food. The only real complaint we had was the slow internet connection. That was really unacceptable. We had to use our own hot spot. Otherwise this place is fantastic and I plan to stay there every time from now on. The central location made it so convenient to everything in the entire area. I highly recommend the Sea Watch,

Room Tip: Rooms on the North side of the North tower don't get the morning sun, so you can sit out there i...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Ruth M
Reviewed 27 August 2014

We have been staying at Sea Watch Resort for close to ten years and in the beginning, it was amazing! I have read others reviews and agree with both sides of the fence here. Sea Watch is a great place. Yet there are so many issues. When I made my reservations, many months ago, I asked for very specific units and though they say they cannot guarantee any type, I have been loyal for so long, that they said they would try. Upon arrival, the wait at the front desk was lengthy but that is the norm here. There are so many units filled with people checking in and out. Upon room assignment, I found that the 2 bedroom I asked for did not have the two separate beds in the second bedroom. We also found the place filthy. The tiles chipped. The cupboards in the kitchen with wood molding falling off. The shower curtains were covered in black mold. The air filter was dark grey. The bed cover was ripped. The toilet seat was filthy. The unit did not have enough silverware, dishes and cups for the four of us. The lock on the door looked as if someone had kicked the door in. The rugs were stained. the main table had gunk all over it. In all, we were not HAPPY! We called the front desk who said they could move us but not to the same type of unit. The manager told us he would send housekeeping and maintenance up. Housekeeping did an ok job with what they could. Some things were worn so bad there was just no cleaning them. They couldn't supply us with kitchen towels and couldn't replace the ripped bedding. Maintenance the first day, was rude and did nothing for us. The next evening, maintenance let themselves in for a so called change of a light bulb that we did NOT need. Although I was assured that maintenance man was no longer working for them, this is not the first time this has happened in the years I have stayed there. Every evening, we were plagued by the three phones constant red lights blinking. As there was a "problem" with the phone system. The lights disturbed our sleep. The pool areas have been remodeled but we watched as another guest told maintenance by the pools in the south tower that there were a few loose brick on the ground. Nothing was done about them in the eight days we were there. Although the resort rules state that nothing may be hung on the balconies, every where you looked in both the north and south towers, towels and dirty bathing suits were hung. The people in the room below us smoked like crazy and the smoke came right up the balcony area. For as much as the rates have gone up over the years, they have not sunk any money into making these units modern, nor have the owners kept the places up. The staff, minus one lazy maintenance guy, for the most part were awesome. The manager, Josh, gave us breakfast on the last morning there. This, I must admit was delicious. The cook made the best waffles for our family. I have to say, Sea Watch banks on the fact that they are prime in location. It is ocean front and has so much to do just a drive away. But I sure would love to see Sea Watch be as loyal to its returning vacationers as we are to it!

Room Tip: South Tower is a bit quieter than the North but the North tower has a better set up for the pools, h...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank MarcyJene
Massena, New York
Reviewed 26 August 2014 via mobile

I have vacationed at this resort three years in a row. Accommodations are average to below average. It used to be a good place for a family, there are many room choices available. Housekeeping is average, it's hard to be perfect with all the sand that gets transported in and out. Last year was extremely disappointing as the hotel was overrun with teenagers during our entire vacation. We enjoy going down to the hot tubs in the evening, however this year we were unable to get even one night in a hot tub out of 7 nights as all 8 were overloaded with unsupervised teenagers day and night. I made several attempts over multiple days to discuss with front desk staff, and no one seemed to care. Most resorts do walk thoughts of the amenities to ensure unsupervised teens are behaving appropriately but unfortunately these checks do not happen at Sea Watch, even after several complaints. The staff was rude and did not care at all that families or adults wanted to use the amenities. After three years and several thousands of $ spent, I have decided to not go back! Not a family friendly vacation spot!

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family